Author Topic: Standing Vigil in game  (Read 31650 times)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: Standing Vigil in game
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2012, 04:03:39 AM »
Something that was made way back when but never really made it in-game.

Oh, dear.  My son is a huge Brony; he would go nuts over that.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2012, 04:15:51 AM »
Union, Zukunft and the server formerly known as France were kinda dead already.  I'm not surprised you got nothing.  I've been on them (OK OK I am obsessive, i MUST reserve Vickie's name on EVERY server) when there were 10 people on the entire server.

I have characters on all of them. We should take over. (grin) It was much more interesting when they were localized German and French. I don't speak a word of either, levelling on those servers was interesting.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2012, 04:18:16 AM »
Black Pebble was spawning monsters in AP33. Saw Hami, Lusca, and Tyrant. We all got turned into Nemesis Horses briefly.

He gave himself away when he posted a message as "Rex Woofers" on the admin channel, /getglobalname revealed who it was. :D

It was fun, but kinda annoying, too. I was trying to listen to the radio interview TonyV was doing. Finally had to hide on top of a statue and turn the game audio off. (lol)

darkskye

• Minion
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2012, 06:55:32 AM »
Oh ho... so Rex Woofers was Black Pebble?

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2012, 08:49:47 AM »
A horse?  Why was that never implemented.  I woulda got that off the market as a travel power.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2012, 09:57:59 AM »
It was going to be an enemy type, like the Jaeger or Warhulk. It was never implemented tho.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Corlagon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2012, 10:25:13 AM »
Union did have a decent population last time I checked. Just remember most of it is in different timezones.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2012, 01:09:13 PM »
Virtue had a 20-strong vigil overnight.  My favorite was a level 1 clearly made for the event. SaveTheCatGirls, in requisite catgirl costume. I'm trying to figure out uploading a picture, but I would imagine she'll be there for a bit.  :)

Also, the variations on "Ensign Redshirt," a group of characters dressed like red Wolf Spiders is now up to five members.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Takeda

• Underling
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2012, 04:06:57 PM »
Virtue had a 20-strong vigil overnight.  My favorite was a level 1 clearly made for the event. SaveTheCatGirls, in requisite catgirl costume. I'm trying to figure out uploading a picture, but I would imagine she'll be there for a bit.  :)

That would be me!  Glad you liked it :) 

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2012, 10:22:09 PM »
Put my main on Pinnacle's steps. I might switch it out for my CCCP hero, but we'll see.

It's worth noting that you can stand vigil on the main servers, and log in to Beta at the same time. I am the same character on both right now, and it is awesome (although slightly schizophrenic). So that's good for anyone who wants to save the city, and play in it too!
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2012, 10:29:07 PM »
Put my main on Pinnacle's steps. I might switch it out for my CCCP hero, but we'll see.

It's worth noting that you can stand vigil on the main servers, and log in to Beta at the same time. I am the same character on both right now, and it is awesome (although slightly schizophrenic). So that's good for anyone who wants to save the city, and play in it too!

Felderberg!  I see you there!

Eight of us on Pinn right now, and that is a great idea.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2012, 01:21:34 AM »
It's that time again, see how your server's Vigils are doing.

Virtue AP33 - at least 25
Triumph - 1
Vigilance - 0
Liberty -  1 (one of mine, tho)
Defiant - 0
Pinnacle - 5
Champion - 9
Union - 0
Infinity - 0
Victory - 0
Zukunft - 0
Guardian - 3
Justice - 5
Freedom -  5
Protector - 1 (another me)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2012, 01:27:02 AM »
Protector - 1 (another me)

Thought that was you.  Captain Patriot has been called to help Fusionette.  Sorry. :)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2012, 01:29:14 AM »
Still standing strong. AP334E!

(click to embiggen)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Ultraviolets

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2012, 01:42:15 AM »
Woohoo AP33! There are even more people here now  :)

Ultraviolets

« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2012, 05:02:16 AM »
Can't say enough how wonderful the devs are :) After being griefed for about two hours by a guy who was in a TF so he couldn't be logged off and had SB on auto, a Dev rescued us with several giant monsters. The invisible dev then awarded us with a dance party :)

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2012, 02:42:49 PM »
Hmmmn. I created a couple of F2P accounts, and determined that my spare machine can handle 3 instances of the client easily. Figured I could park a couple of heroes standing vigil in the lower population servers so they get some attention, too. Problem I have is that a F2P account can't easily get access to AE or another way of getting into TF mode. Any suggestions?

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2012, 04:09:06 PM »
Hmmmn. I created a couple of F2P accounts, and determined that my spare machine can handle 3 instances of the client easily. Figured I could park a couple of heroes standing vigil in the lower population servers so they get some attention, too. Problem I have is that a F2P account can't easily get access to AE or another way of getting into TF mode. Any suggestions?

What if you teamed with someone or your main character who was on a TF / AE / Ouro mission?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2012, 07:20:16 PM »
What if you teamed with someone or your main character who was on a TF / AE / Ouro mission?

Someone suggested that in-game, and it works. I was afraid it would drop me out of AE mode when I logged off my main account, but it doesn't. So my next experiment is going to be to see if I can point more than one F2P account at the same email account.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2012, 07:21:42 PM »
I'm was standing vigil with my 2nd account on Triumph last night while logged in with my main account.  Nice to have a PC that can handle two instances of CoH at once.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov