Author Topic: Standing Vigil in game  (Read 32189 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: Standing Vigil in game
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2012, 03:15:04 AM »
Yeah, I don't know exactly what I missed while I was away, but I never see anyplace besides the D where Villains gather. Fort Darwin is not only a ghost town for players, but last time I went there, it even looked like the NPC's had abandoned the place. What gives?

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2012, 03:17:20 AM »
Other than AP I would say the most visible spot to Vigil would be Pocket D

Completely agreed, though I tend to do it differently in there. I go up on the big central platform, and change my message to read "Dancing to Save COH - Titan.SaveCOH.com". People go to Pocket D to have fun, may as well fit in.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2012, 03:17:58 AM »
Yeah, I don't know exactly what I missed while I was away, but I never see anyplace besides the D where Villains gather. Fort Darwin is not only a ghost town for players, but last time I went there, it even looked like the NPC's had abandoned the place. What gives?

It's like Megamind. All the cool kids became heroes. (grin)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2012, 04:39:46 AM »
Or the pathway between the ferry and the statue of Recluse in Grandville.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2012, 01:04:11 PM »
This morning's maintenance to turn off double XP seems to have caught most of those standing vigil off guard. So far only the faithful on Virtue  have been spotted resuming their stand. As of this time (0900 Eastern) AP33 is not back, going to be interesting to see if it reappears.

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2012, 01:29:11 PM »
As of 6:30 AM PST, 13 stand vigil in AP 1 on Virtue.

Not bad for a Monday morning. :)

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2012, 01:37:06 PM »
Fiert Spirit and I are back up on Guardian this morning. Already had one positive comment on our being back as well.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2012, 01:42:05 PM »
I'm not going to do a (formal) census until this afternoon to give everyone a chance to re-establish their presence. I recorded the numbers out of interest more than anything.

I want to particularly commend the 8 folks who were on Virtue by the time I got there (13 now according to Soundtrack), and the ever faithful Fiery Spirit and Drew Blue on Guardian, Major Durand on Union, Lucy Lava on Infinity.

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2012, 01:45:42 PM »
Just for kicks and giggles:

6:45 AM - 18 of the 22 playing are at vigil (AP 1, Virtue). :)

82%! Awesome... :)

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2012, 03:12:08 PM »
Bah. My "Save CoH Information" character should have been in AP1 but it appears they restarted the servers at some point.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Ratstar

• Underling
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2012, 03:27:10 PM »
can only speak for myself but I log in as a hero and stand at ap1 (mostly)  or ap33

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2012, 03:40:44 PM »
Bah. My "Save CoH Information" character should have been in AP1 but it appears they restarted the servers at some point.

It was odd...not long after you gave me AE advice, I saw you just vanish and your robot collapsed. :(

Thought maybe you timed out? As I said, very strange.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2012, 04:29:59 PM »
This morning's maintenance to turn off double XP seems to have caught most of those standing vigil off guard.
Gah.  I should have checked before I left for work.

My two on the balcony on Triumph won't be back in until late tonight.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2012, 04:57:12 PM »
Traffic on Twitter indicates that AP33 is once again open for vigil.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2012, 06:03:31 PM »
It's like Megamind. All the cool kids became heroes. (grin)

Heh, nevermind... I just created a new character last night and I got my answer. Going Rogue's Praetoria REPLACED low-level CoV? REALLY?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2012, 06:15:45 PM »
Heh, nevermind... I just created a new character last night and I got my answer. Going Rogue's Praetoria REPLACED low-level CoV? REALLY?
You should be able to create a non-Praetorian character, run through the tutorial, and make a decision whether to follow the path of a hero or a villain at the end of the tutorial.  The new tutorial replaced Outbreak and Breakout, but you can still play low-level CoV.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2012, 06:28:14 PM »
You should be able to create a non-Praetorian character, run through the tutorial, and make a decision whether to follow the path of a hero or a villain at the end of the tutorial.  The new tutorial replaced Outbreak and Breakout, but you can still play low-level CoV.

Ah, OK.. well hopefully that's the case. Seems a shame that you can pick between CoH and Rogue, but CoV doesn't show up on the list of starting points. And like I said before about Fort Darwin, Kalinda wasn't even around the last time I went over there, which made sense for why the place was so empty. I'll have to finish the tutorial and see what happens.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »
Ah, OK.. well hopefully that's the case. Seems a shame that you can pick between CoH and Rogue, but CoV doesn't show up on the list of starting points. And like I said before about Fort Darwin, Kalinda wasn't even around the last time I went over there, which made sense for why the place was so empty. I'll have to finish the tutorial and see what happens.
Fort Darwin has been overrun by Longbow.  All of the contacts that were in that area have been relocated to the Mercy neighborhood.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2012, 09:49:12 PM »
Today's census

Virtue AP33 - 37
Virtue AP1 - 20
Triumph - 4
Vigilance - 0
Liberty -  0
Defiant - 0