Author Topic: Standing Vigil in game  (Read 31625 times)

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
Re: Standing Vigil in game
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2012, 09:02:00 PM »
Lost power while I was out. Rebooted and back in now.

Bohmfalk

• Minion
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2012, 09:18:04 PM »
As of right now, there are 8 standing vigil on the steps of Atlas Park City Hall on Justice.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2012, 03:21:21 AM »
I've been on Pinn all night, off and on getting joined by others.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2012, 03:33:04 AM »
I kinda fell down on this one, today.  Heading in, now.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

RavenLenore13

• Underling
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2012, 05:44:09 AM »
I've been trying to log in when I can to stand vigil on Pinnacle, but the system keeps crashing.

Keep up the great work!

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2012, 07:46:57 PM »
In case anyone has been wondering, aside from sending a message to anyone in the companies who can see the server stats or load in and poke around, the continued Vigil IS also creating awareness among the players, especially some who have probably just come back to the game due to news of the shutdown.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2012, 08:44:25 PM »
Yeah, I've been seeing both messages like that, tells letting me know they support us, and of course the occasional snarky message. Winchester of course nobly carries on with his mission no matter what...

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2012, 08:46:47 PM »
I've gotten nothing but positives, AND a lot of people stopping long enough to read the AFK message and maybe copy it.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2012, 10:20:08 PM »
Eh, I'm an irascible old curmudgeon who attracts jerks. (You kids get off my lawn!!!) I'll admit I was rather surprised to attract them on my alt account nobody knows about when I wasn't even at the keyboard, but that's life. Rather they bother me than anyone else, I'm used to it. Ignore is my favorite feature of the game sometimes. (lol)

But it's only been 1 or 2 of them in many, many hours standing vigil since Saturday morning. One of them got more than he bargained for. There was this truly lovely chewing out on the screen when I came back from other players who'd been in the area, and 3 of them had joined my vigil as a result. He got kicked from his team, too. That was loads of fun to read when I checked up on our loyal butler.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2012, 11:44:46 PM »
Just doing a pass through the servers to see how the vigil is going. Taking screenshots whenever I see anyone. Also setting up one of my characters on each server to stand vigil.

Liberty - 0
Defiant - 0
Pinnacle - VV and 3 others (I waved and said hi)
Vigilance - 0
Champion - Madame Fantastic, no torch, afk, or sign, but pretty sure that is why she was there
Union - 0
Infinity - 0
Victory - Et Tu Brute? - looking fine with a torch and fire aura
Zukunft - 0
Triumph - 0
Guardian - Firey Spirt, Patri-bot, and Rularuu's Bane
Justice - 1 Ton Hammer

Freedom - 5 heroes - Madam Dark, Powder House, Creetsh, Mr Big Guy, Blue Yankee - more arrived as I was typing

Protector - 1 - Winchester Webley

Virtue - at least 9

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 12:04:00 AM by The_Hunter_JLJ »

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »
Just doing a pass through the servers to see how the vigil is going. Taking screenshots whenever I see anyone. Also setting up one of my characters on each server to stand vigil.

Liberty - 0

Yes, when I am standing vigil, I'm usually the only one there (except once, yay!), but I only do it when I'm not playing the game and can leave the game running (not as much as I'd like at the moment because I've only got the laptop for the foreseeable future).  But I have had people broadcast or pm a response (they'll join me, they hadn't heard, etc.), so it's definitely worth doing.  To me, if only one player who didn't know about the shut down learns of it and signs the petition that's a win.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2012, 03:08:12 PM »
My second account is currently parked on the balcony above the entrance to City Hall on Triumph, torch held high.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2012, 02:38:45 AM »
I am going to do another population check pass, just cuz I can. Figure it might get some healthy competition going between servers and encourage more to stand vigil. Tonight's census

Virtue AP33 - more than I can count
Triumph - 4
Vigilance - 0
Liberty -  0
Defiant - 0
Pinnacle - 4 - good solid crew there
Champion - 0
Union - 0
Infinity - 0
Victory - 0
Zukunft - 0
Guardian - 1
Justice - 1  (1 ton hammer, you're a great hero)
Freedom -  3
Protector - 1 - Winchester Webley

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2012, 02:42:39 AM »
Union, Zukunft and the server formerly known as France were kinda dead already.  I'm not surprised you got nothing.  I've been on them (OK OK I am obsessive, i MUST reserve Vickie's name on EVERY server) when there were 10 people on the entire server.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2012, 03:01:10 AM »
AP33 on Virtue tonight was as insane as the actual day of the rally, if not moreso.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2012, 03:28:40 AM »
Black Pebble was spawning monsters in AP33. Saw Hami, Lusca, and Tyrant. We all got turned into Nemesis Horses briefly.

He gave himself away when he posted a message as "Rex Woofers" on the admin channel, /getglobalname revealed who it was. :D

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2012, 03:37:30 AM »
Black Pebble was spawning monsters in AP33. Saw Hami, Lusca, and Tyrant. We all got turned into Nemesis Horses briefly.

He gave himself away when he posted a message as "Rex Woofers" on the admin channel, /getglobalname revealed who it was. :D

....what in the name of Rikti Mushrooms is a Nemesis Horse?

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2012, 03:38:04 AM »
Steam-punkish robo-horse sort of thing.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2012, 03:40:55 AM »
Something that was made way back when but never really made it in-game.

Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2012, 03:49:21 AM »
Something that was made way back when but never really made it in-game.

DO WANT!!!!!