Author Topic: Standing Vigil in game  (Read 31580 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Standing Vigil in game
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 02:00:39 AM »
Editing to add: Setting a TF didn't keep me from getting logged off. I think it's because I had the AFK set. I'm going to test without setting the message to see if there's a difference.

I do believe that they changed the TF mechanic a while back so that if you are the only person on a TF, the TF will eventually boot you.  (SG member was trying to see if he could solo the ITF and ran into that.)  AE, on the other hand should allow you to stay on even if solo.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

DashaBlade

• Underling
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 02:16:10 AM »
I don't know if it's an area effect, but I tried it twice without setting AFK, and I got booted off even quicker - once within five minutes, again within ten. I'll try again in the morning with AE, though.

Weird thing is, I don't get kicked off the task - the mission from the TF stays the same - I just get poofed from the server. I still suspect that it's my wonky internet connection, which can sometimes go weeks or even months without issues, and then out of nowhere, it hiccups every 30 minutes. That's why I'll wait and test again in the morning. I played for hours this morning and my connection didn't even blink.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 02:22:37 AM »
I find that starting an Ouro arc is the most reliable way to do it... but that's just me.

I have never tried the AE method.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 02:48:36 AM »
I've been in for about four hours. I keep having to reset because of occasional AoE powers, though. Fortunately, the chat window is like a Unix-like command environment: up arrow recalls the last thing typed into it. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 05:19:36 AM »
AP33 has been constantly heavy all day now. People are keeping it alive now as a symbol of the rally that created it.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 05:23:09 AM »
I find that starting an Ouro arc is the most reliable way to do it... but that's just me.
Oh yeah.  I forgot about that method.  Duh.  I've used that one quite a few times myself.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 05:28:04 AM »
I've had very good luck with the AE method. Poor Winchester Webley II has been logged in almost continuously since Saturday morning. He's our SG's 'Butler Eternal', he exists on all servers except Exalted. I suppose I should fix that as a sign of hope, may have to do that tomorrow.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 06:16:54 AM »
This is a great idea,

I'll try to keep Justice going overnight while I am working. I'll use my second account to have one standing there. Good tips here as well, liking that macro.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 07:41:21 AM »
Gonna leave my PB project in there overnight.  Wish I could leave him while I was at class, but I take my laptop with me so it's constantly being opened and closed >.>

Bohmfalk

• Minion
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 08:10:38 AM »
Joining TA at the Justice Atlas steps now, using the "Dealing a blow to NCSoft" AE arc as an anchor.

ThorsAssassin

• Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 08:37:38 AM »
aanndd forgot to jump in lol

**edit, rectified**

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:58:33 AM by ThorsAssassin »

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 10:15:09 AM »
I was the only one standing vigil on Liberty server a while ago, so I switched to Virtue AP 33.   But I'll stick to it on Liberty and maybe people will join (or it's quite likely that I just hit the steps at a down time--it was rather late in the night/early in the morning).

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 04:01:25 PM »
I was the only one standing vigil on Liberty server a while ago, so I switched to Virtue AP 33.   But I'll stick to it on Liberty and maybe people will join (or it's quite likely that I just hit the steps at a down time--it was rather late in the night/early in the morning).
I'll be joining the Liberty vigil momentarily

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 04:25:42 PM »
I'll be joining the Liberty vigil momentarily

I think I see you!  Yay!

Woodnimph

• Underling
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »
I'll be doing this daily while I'm at work, alternating between Protector and Justice servers.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 07:22:34 PM »
I do this when i go to bed but somtimes when i wake i'm no longer logged in...

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2012, 07:28:31 PM »
Word of caution: someone set off an area effect buff near me that tripped off my vigil. Check your game relatively frequently. :)

Yeah, apparently today someone pushed me into the puddle by Atlas' statue. :/
- Omega Mk. V

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2012, 07:36:38 PM »
Just set this up for my Wife's first 50 (Fiery Spirit) on Guardian server since she uses our desktop to play. (I ude the laptop, so it's not up all the time.) I put her sightly to the right side of the doors to minimize inadvertant AoEs, though intentional mucking about will still be an issue. Took a couple of screen shots, from one angle it looks like that crowd of civilians is part of the rally.   :)

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2012, 07:48:12 PM »
Small addition: Since my wife's charactrer had no Discription/Back Story I put this in there just in case anyone checked her Info.

"I stand here, vigilant, for all those who call Paragon City home. Join with us to save this city and our community. The fight is not over until it is won or we draw our last breath and the hospital teleporters fail. We are heroes, this is what we do! http://tiny.cc/SaveCoH"

Just a thought for anyone who isn't nutty complete-ist about their characters (like I am) and has the empty space in the Discription box and is going to do this.

Bohmfalk

• Minion
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2012, 08:50:40 PM »
A word to the wiser than me....make sure any powers you have on auto turned off....I keep Hasten running in the background, and it wasn't until this morning that I remembered I had it up (on a hidden power tray).  So my overnight vigil was me standing there hitting hasten every minute or two lol.