Author Topic: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon  (Read 68311 times)

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
Re: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2012, 09:17:23 PM »
Got a friend who I have known for years to sign up for this. Our plan - EVERY TF hero side. I'm looking at you Dr Q.!

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »
City of Heroes is now ranked #90 among all the teams! :) We need to spread the word to global friends etc...I would LOVE to see CoH in the top 10 for this event. We have less than 3 weeks to do it, but I believe we can! We are heroes...this is what we do!

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2012, 10:37:32 PM »
Any help you guys can give in getting the word out about this would be fantastic. I'm currently out of commission while I battle a horrible cold. Hopefully I'll be back to it in the next day or two.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2012, 01:06:25 AM »
Would be neat if next week or so we could somehow get a story to be wrote about our efforts with Extra Life. Who knows maybe one of the bloggers will do it (nethrgoat? thorsassassin?). I am going to start trying to recruit more people to either join in or support those who have joined. I do not have the biggest social network out there though...but I will try :)

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2012, 01:10:24 AM »
Local papers might be worth a shot, too. We run stories on sponsored 'whatevers' all the time in ours. If you're getting involved with this, its worth letting your local know :)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Siberian Spring

• Lieutenant
    • Live Creatively
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2012, 02:33:37 AM »
Everyone, meet Play Games Heal Kids (Staff/Willpower Stalker). I won't play her until the 20th, but I couldn't resist the lure of the costume creator. :D

Bio: I'm on a mission, with Team City of Heroes, to save kids through video games, and I need your help.

My local Children's Miracle Network Hospital, Seatttle Children's Hospital, treats thousands of children each year, regardless of their family's ability to pay. These kids are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis, and injuries from accidents to name just a few. 

On Oct. 20th, 2012, I'll attempt to play an epic 24 hour video game marathon and it's my sincere hope that you'll find it in your heart to support me with a monthly pledge or one-time gift that will go directly to my hospital.Your donation is tax-deductible and ALL PROCEEDS go to help kids. 

It's not too late to donate. Just go to:  http://www.extra-life.org/participant/SiberianSpring

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2012, 03:18:06 AM »
I might go in and play a bit with the creator myself before the 20th. That's a neat toon, bais. :)
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2012, 03:33:32 AM »
I am going to be using my namesake I BURNT THE TOAST for the charity event. Going to be doing every Hero TF. I may make a lowbie as well to play some not sure yet. So far my charity partner and I are the only ones in our group, but we are working on some of our global friends so it can be the 8 of us TFing it for 24 hours. Gonna be soooo tired Sunday, but well worth it. 

Tanglefoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2012, 05:35:23 AM »
I work a pretty strict 4 on 4 off and I work that day so I won't be able to commit the time, but I'll try to jump in and play around when I get home from work for a while and I'll donate something.  Children's Miracle Network is a good charity that I'd like to support.

LadyAndreca

• Underling
    • Extra Life link
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2012, 05:00:41 PM »
I'll probably go from midnight to midnight, but that depends on my work schedule.  I asked for Saturday off, but if I'm closing Friday/opening Sunday, I might start at 11 PM Friday so I can get enough rest.

I plan on running a Numina TF with my Virtue BS/SR scrapper Questing Eagle.  It's the last TF she needs for the accolade, and somehow in 8 years I never did it with her.  (Generally I wound up on my empath for Numina.)  Other than that, I dunno, I guess I'll bounce around alts until something interesting happens.

Oh, and here's my link, if anyone wants to donate.  http://www.extra-life.org/participant/LadyAndreca

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2012, 10:42:12 PM »
Was definitely hoping we would have been higher in the total amount of pledges by now.

I have a very limited social network and have done as much as I can...and continue to every day. I wish these thousands of #SaveCoHers would donate even $5 to the participants of this cause. As it stands now...a week into...we have raised less money than it took to raise for the dev dinner (in 3 hours). It just infuriates me that such a  great cause is basically going ignored by the "movement." Not only will it help children with debilitating disease, but it is also a great PR move to show that the heroes of CoH are true heroes fighting to save lives while their universe is faced with impending doom.

I have got two friends to join Extra Life; one donated to themselves and I donated to the other and myself ($12 each). All of us are disheartened by the lack of support this campaign is receiving. Our goal was to do every Hero TF - document it through lots of pics etc... but at this point with no one but ourselves sponsoring us...doubt we will even log in on 10/20 :(

If every poster on these forums gave $5 imagine how much money we could raise for Children's Miracle Network.... just saying.

chasearcanum

• Boss
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2012, 10:51:40 PM »
Ok, just making sure here, since I've never done this before"

I have a prior engagement, but the missus and I plan to put $$ from the NCSoft refund to good use.  We just select a player to donate through, or is there a "general team" "donate" link somewhere?

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2012, 11:05:50 PM »

Here is a link to the CoH Team for Extra Life:

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=9445

I have a prior engagement, but the missus and I plan to put $$ from the NCSoft refund to good use.  We just select a player to donate through, or is there a "general team" "donate" link somewhere?

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2012, 11:07:57 PM »

Not sure how much clicking you wanna do or how much you were going to donate, but imo spreading it out among a lot of the players seems like a good idea. Like $5 to some etc...

I plan on donating $50 more Friday when I get paid... Figured I would pick 10 people and donate $5 to each of them.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2012, 01:05:32 AM »
I got my friend a $50 sponsorship today so that made me feel better. I have tapped all my social networking and have come up with nada for myself though; which means I will probably just donate $15 more on Friday to myself. There are currently 9 people sitting at $0 so I guess when I get paid I will donate $5 to each of them as well. If those people who have signed up do not plan on doing the event itself; please let me know and I will forward my donation to someone else.

I just checked my bank account and NCSoft sent me a refund of $13.06 (prolly cuz my sub renewed on 8/27??)....so that gives me a lil more money to donate with. Wish everyone would donate their monthly sub for September that they didn't have to pay.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2012, 03:37:18 AM »
WOW Just had someone who signed up sponsor themselves for $750 WOW! We are almost at $2000 now. Starting to think we may just be able to get to $5000! :)

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2012, 03:39:07 AM »
Team CoH is now ranked #38 out of 1,697 teams! :)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2012, 03:39:32 AM »
Careful what you wish for.  :)

(No, it wasn't me. Sorry. I will give, because I think that I've come to the conclusion that doing that and then logging in to play with you does more good than anything else I can do that day)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2012, 03:50:32 AM »

More people donating and/or playing is GREAT! :)
I am still trying to get donors; just afraid people on twitter are like "SHUDDUP!!!!!" hehehe.

I don't have any family or I would hit them up LOL!
I can't ask co-workers (I work in a prison as a Federal contract employee/Dept. Homeland Security)...and that kind of stuff is extremely frowned upon.

I did encourage someone to make 2 $50 donations to other people though LOL!

Careful what you wish for.  :)

(No, it wasn't me. Sorry. I will give, because I think that I've come to the conclusion that doing that and then logging in to play with you does more good than anything else I can do that day)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2012, 03:56:29 AM »
You must not have kids in band or a daughter in Girl Scouts...  ;)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."