Author Topic: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon  (Read 67582 times)

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
Re: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2012, 06:30:44 AM »
HI all!

my global is @mwruger & @mwruger2. I am signing up this event as well. I'm putting the link up, but please Do not Sponsor Me. There are plenty of other gamers on here for you to choose from. Let me explain. http://www.extra-life.org/participant/36884

I am a community activist and an environmental organizer in Houston Texas. I have access to a listserv with over 11,000 addresses. If I can convince my boss I am going to tap that list and our social media outlets. I know 2 or 3 professional fund raisers. Many local organizers in various communities. My thought is that since this is for a good cause, a world wide known local hospital, that I can convince them to promote this as a human interest piece.
My sister, also plays and will spell me if needed.

I'll update as soon I can.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2012, 09:21:14 AM »

Which server do you think you will be playing on for the event?

HI all!

my global is @mwruger & @mwruger2. I am signing up this event as well. I'm putting the link up, but please Do not Sponsor Me. There are plenty of other gamers on here for you to choose from. Let me explain. http://www.extra-life.org/participant/36884

I am a community activist and an environmental organizer in Houston Texas. I have access to a listserv with over 11,000 addresses. If I can convince my boss I am going to tap that list and our social media outlets. I know 2 or 3 professional fund raisers. Many local organizers in various communities. My thought is that since this is for a good cause, a world wide known local hospital, that I can convince them to promote this as a human interest piece.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2012, 10:09:42 AM »
There is no way I can do the marathon thing so I sponsored someone.  However I will haul out one of my Vickies on Virtue if you want me and her speedboosty goodness and play for as long as I can.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

@RedHeaded StepChild

• Underling
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2012, 02:14:29 PM »
Hi all,

Do you think those of us on the team (and who ever else might be interested) could set up a voice chat or something for the event? I don't expect that my boyfriend will be able to stay up with me the entire time, and those wee hours will get tricky. I'd like to hear real voices, instead of the ones in my head...

jeangray

• Minion
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2012, 03:15:28 PM »
All signed up!

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=36907

My global is @resolute and I will be using the in-game SaveCoH (or well, whatever it is if my spelling here is off sorry) for support/encouragement in-game as needed throughout the 24 hours.  So for those of you who cannot play 24 hours or donate another way to help is definitely offering moral support when you can to help us crazy enough to play 24 hours straight! 

I'm not an RPer and will happily join any team as long as no one minds me being quiet AND I don't get the star.  I'm also on most every server...and, well, am going to try to make characters on those I'm not currently on just for flexibility during this event.

As I've told everyone on my Facebook page, I'm not just doing this for the Helen DeVos Children's Hospital or the game but also in memory of my little man who, in a perfect world, would have been 6 this month (instead of stillborn).  So, as a mom, thank you for bringing this event to my attention (never heard of Extra Life before) and giving me an opportunity to do something awesome in his honor...it's something I've been wanting to do but until now really hadn't found just the right thing and this feels right.  Words cannot convey how happy this makes me to be a part of this!

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
    • Repeat Offenders Network - Making the stupidly difficult easy since 2005
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »
I've signed up and here's my participant page link:

http://www.extra-life.org/participant/alty

Just wanted to let folks know that they can customize their link so it is easier to remember than a string of numbers.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2012, 08:09:19 PM »
Which server do you think you will be playing on for the event?

I have toons on almost every server, so I can attend events with an alt.

But I suspect the majority of time will be on Liberty.

I know it's low pop, but it has been my COH home since I started playing. I can't count the hours of fun and companionship I have had there and I can't bear to see it not represented in what could be COH's finest and final hours. So I will stand for Liberty.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2012, 09:13:15 PM »

I have never played on Liberty, but am looking for teammates for the day.
What time zone are you in? I am Mountain (-2 hours form Eastern).

I am going to do my absolute best to play the entire 24 hours (and then sleep all day Sunday LOL!)

I have toons on almost every server, so I can attend events with an alt.

But I suspect the majority of time will be on Liberty.

I know it's low pop, but it has been my COH home since I started playing. I can't count the hours of fun and companionship I have had there and I can't bear to see it not represented in what could be COH's finest and final hours. So I will stand for Liberty.

Knightward

• Minion
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2012, 09:16:54 PM »
I've set up an account, but I won't link it here so I can still pretend to have a degree of anonymity.  I've sent out notices on Facebook and will email people I know that may not otherwise see those notices.

I'm planning on mostly playing my various alts, which are almost entirely on Virtue.  In 7 years I've only gotten 3 characters to 50, so maybe I can get a good chunk of the way while my eyes bleed in this marathon.   :P

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
HI all!

It doesn't seem to show you as part of the City of Heroes team for some reason.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2012, 10:55:41 PM »

yeah not sure why yer not on our team :) Also not sure how you can be put on it outside of the initial sign up??

It doesn't seem to show you as part of the City of Heroes team for some reason.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2012, 11:52:14 PM »
You have to send them an email to add you afterward, which I did. Just hasn't happened yet. I will followup after Monday. There is probably no one to do it on the weekends.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2012, 11:54:38 PM »
Burnt Toast,

I am on CST.

Any who want to join me I have 4 themed SG's if you need an SG and I have Inf to give away if needed!

AKA TheDevilYouKnow

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2012, 12:45:40 AM »

I will make a toon on Liberty to play with you on 10/20 :) I can also transfer a toon over if need be (All my toons are 50s).
The toon I will probably make will either be a corruptor or a controller - haven't decided yet.

Burnt Toast,

I am on CST.

Any who want to join me I have 4 themed SG's if you need an SG and I have Inf to give away if needed!

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2012, 08:34:07 AM »
We're in the top 100 teams! Keep up the fantastic work. I'm going to start compiling events that will be taking place during the event. Invite your friends, sg, and anyone you know who plays CoH to join us!

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2012, 12:33:58 PM »
I have a toon ready to go on Guardian.  I dont' have any global slots left and I'm not a VIP so I'm pretty much on my home server for good. 

Siberian Spring

• Lieutenant
    • Live Creatively
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2012, 03:45:24 PM »
When is everyone planning on starting?

I'm planning to nap on Friday evening and start my run at midnight PST. Smersh will probably run from when Munchkin gets up Sat. AM to whatever 24 hours later is (so neither of us has to be a totally sleep deprived parent).

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2012, 03:49:31 PM »
Seeing if I can convince the family to do it as a team.

We have a family team on Champion which we took all the way to 50 together.

jeangray

• Minion
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2012, 06:18:41 PM »
When is everyone planning on starting?

I'm planning to nap on Friday evening and start my run at midnight PST. Smersh will probably run from when Munchkin gets up Sat. AM to whatever 24 hours later is (so neither of us has to be a totally sleep deprived parent).

You make an excellent point, it would be loads easier to be on a normal schedule going midnight to midnight instead of 8am-8am.  Hadn't really given it that much thought myself but planning on being on when most everyone else who is doing this plans to be on.

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2012, 07:54:16 PM »
And I've set up  http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=37152  I've posted it on my facebook.  Supporting the IWK Grace Hospital, Halifax Nova Scotia!  MARITIMES REPRESENT!