Author Topic: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon  (Read 68272 times)

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
Re: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2012, 04:57:31 PM »
*plays Pepsiman song!*  PEPSI MAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #281 on: October 21, 2012, 04:59:10 PM »
Hmm you know if we are talking about sponsor system you could litteraly get Pepsi's okay to be a Sponsored PEPSI MAN mascot!  They did that before had a game out and a few commercials with Pepsi man.

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2012, 05:05:46 PM »
I am NOT Pepsiman.  Pepsiman is Pepsiman 

Anyway here's my full writeup of my whole Extra Life experience

http://littledinobug.blogspot.ca/2012/10/the-gamer-or-video-game-stigma.html

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #283 on: October 21, 2012, 05:10:46 PM »
Sigh here I was hopping that he was among us... that one more thing to morn....

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #284 on: October 21, 2012, 05:13:52 PM »
I don't know if Pepsi posts here, but you can find him on Facebook.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
« Reply #285 on: October 21, 2012, 05:20:03 PM »
Funny thing.  I had a facebook page for years and never used it.

Now I'm on it every day crying out the injustice and recruiting people to Titan Network.

jeangray

• Minion
« Reply #286 on: October 21, 2012, 05:37:47 PM »
Hey all, LOVE your articles ladies!  Also so extremely impressed by all of you who were brave enough to live stream this!!!  Not my thing, no camera for it plus my computer doesn't like the whole alt/tab thing so I'm extra happy to find links to your stuff here.  After 24 hours of play and 12 hours of sleep my brain still feels like mush but I've plugged our event a few more times in hopes more will want to donate for such an awesome charity cause. 

Also, a very BIG thank you to Kali for running that Posi 1 and letting me join-needed that pick me up around hour 15!  It was much appreciated.  I'd also like to thank some of the other GREAT COH players who didn't mind letting me pug with them for a decent chunk of time on Exalted even though my lack of skill was truly showing at that point (oh my gosh cannot count how many times I was prematurely slowing/holding mobs the scrapper and tank were trying to pull-really I am sorry if you guys read this but at least I was letting them get to the door ways instead of stopping them at their spawn points I guess...so not normally dense like that).  I'd never really seen wormhole used until yesterday and that helped keep me much more alert too...if I was on a melee character I may have wanted their head though-the mobs were just everywhere!!!  Makes me want to push my gravity controller from 25 to whatever level you get that and figure it out myself now too.  All in all, tiring but fun! 

So proud of everyone who participated and entirely grateful to everyone else who put up/helped us make the 24 hours!!!  The community rocks and man am I going to miss this game once NCSoft turns the servers off.  Plus over $8500 raised and counting, great job all!!!!

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #287 on: October 21, 2012, 09:27:38 PM »
I return, rested and refreshed. Once again, I am proud of all of you. It is events like this that make me honored to stand up and be a part of this community.

We are heroes, and this is what we do!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Knightward

• Minion
« Reply #288 on: October 21, 2012, 10:18:42 PM »
Sleep was amazing.  I can't believe I survived the marathon.  We all rock.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #289 on: October 21, 2012, 11:49:57 PM »
I had a great time doing my Extra Life campaign. At the end I got a lil bit delirious LOL. When I crashed at 8AM EST... uhmm I remember getting into bed and that was it.

Did lots of TFs, a few story arcs, made a new toon to goof around with my Extra Life partner, met up with some old friends in game and on Skype, and had a lot of fun.

My Extra Life partner and I helped get another Extra Lifer from 32-44 first thing in the morning doing some missions and the Doc Q TF....he did make it to 50 later that day with the help of others.

Overall it was a good last day of play of CoH for me...and one which I will remember.

Friends are really trying to get me to go back to GW2...a lot of my globals migrated there - still not sure whether I will go or not.

I do know that my time at City of Heroes is done until November 30th when I go to watch the sun set.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #290 on: October 22, 2012, 01:11:42 AM »
Well done.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

LtlBtyRam

• Minion
« Reply #291 on: October 22, 2012, 10:03:34 PM »
Hi all,
@Ventus vis Vires here.  I basically teamed up the @OhContraire and piggybacked off of her Extra-Life page, as she's my senior citizen super-hero mom.  We weren't able to get as many donations from co-workers and personal friends as we wanted, but had a blast with the event anyway.  We actually ended up playing for 26 hours as we wanted to get to level 49.  We're glad to have done this event and will continue to stay members of the in game ExtraLife channel.  I chatted on the channel during the whole event (to a lesser extent so did mom, although which is a feat because she doesn't type and play as a rule), and I recognize several of you.  Even though we didn't get to team in game due to being on different servers we still consider you all part of our team.  We want to give a shout out to AFK Radio they helped up make the event even better and helped us out during the last few hours.  We'll be listening to your station more often :-)  Thanks to everybody who gave us support!

Angela
@Ventus vis Vires
@Villamos vis Vires both of Triumph

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #292 on: October 24, 2012, 12:15:49 AM »
I teamed with Ventus vis Vires on Virtue. I also go to do a Hamidon raid. Great fun. Can't believe it's over.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!