Author Topic: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon  (Read 68325 times)

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
Re: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2012, 04:20:48 AM »

Sorry - I'll shut up now. Wasn't trying to offend people.

You must not have kids in band or a daughter in Girl Scouts...  ;)

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2012, 04:23:09 AM »
I don't think anybody was offended; he was commenting on how much those organizations make the kids go out and force their parents to beg everybody to buy overpriced stuff "for the school."

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2012, 04:29:38 AM »

Ahh
No clue LOL. Never had to deal with that.

Thanks for clarifying though. :)

I don't think anybody was offended; he was commenting on how much those organizations make the kids go out and force their parents to beg everybody to buy overpriced stuff "for the school."

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2012, 04:32:21 AM »
Right.  What Segev said. I must have my "give offense" power toggled, cuz I keep accidentally giving people the wrong idea when I post. Is that my hint to stop paying attention to this and get to work?  :D
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2012, 04:48:44 AM »

Work is overrated :)

Right.  What Segev said. I must have my "give offense" power toggled, cuz I keep accidentally giving people the wrong idea when I post. Is that my hint to stop paying attention to this and get to work?  :D

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2012, 05:02:25 AM »
Work is overrated :)

If only.  It's something that was due on Friday.   :roll:
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2012, 06:06:08 AM »
Not sure what your username is on here...but THANK YOU for your generous donation!

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2012, 06:18:06 AM »

Sorry - I'll shut up now. Wasn't trying to offend people.

* DrakeGrimm gives Toast hugs.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2012, 11:04:48 AM »
http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=37152  I have $37 so far.  I've been pushing the link far and wide.  I thought I'd get more support around here, but it is not a pay week so maybe my donations will spike around the 15th...

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2012, 11:32:24 AM »
I couldn't decide who to give money to, so everyone taking part is getting a dollar from me. Except it takes ages to make each donation, so I'm working my way through the list slowly :D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:47:16 AM by rae »
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2012, 01:51:18 PM »
Right.  What Segev said. I must have my "give offense" power toggled, cuz I keep accidentally giving people the wrong idea when I post.

[Against All Odds]
@Vulpy
Protector Server

jeangray

• Minion
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2012, 02:08:15 PM »
I'm right there with you B.T. in hoping we get a ton of money raised for this because, frankly, it's an amazing cause.  As a mom, I've got three in school and my goodness are we getting hit right now with A LOT of fundraising for that too.  We've sold over 30 raffle tickets, over 100 candy bars, and I think my son's going to be starting something else shortly.  Not to mention volunteer time, donating prizes for the raffle (another $50 there), and baking 8 cakes for their cake walk ($10-15 in supplies there too plus a lot of time).  We're doing our best there in spite of paying the school the $100 family opt-out of fundraisers fee, the $12 PTA member fee, and field trips galore have already been cropping up (those trips add up quick, $18 already and it's only October!).  I personally have not donated to this yet (as you can guess that other stuff adds up!) but will be.  I can't help but figure we will be getting more support as the event date comes closer.  This time of year it seems like everything fundraising comes out of the woodwork is all so don't be too discouraged yet.  We're heroes, we'll get this done!   :)

PS...forgot to add I'm still only at one sponser and I have been posting/reaching out a ton.  Gail Simone was even super awesome and retweeted my link!!!  Had to edit this and give her props as she rocks!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 02:15:11 PM by jeangray »

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2012, 02:16:17 PM »
You know what might be an...interesting maneuver...

Do we know a good contact point to invite NCSoft to put up "matching funds" donations to this? This would need to be done very delicately, but done just right, we could make this part of the "carrot" side of things. IT would be very good PR for them to be seen helping out with "heroic charity stuff," but would then be even harder for them to keep refusing to work with us. And if they refuse...well, that looks bad, too.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2012, 02:31:42 PM »
Do we know a good contact point to invite NCSoft to put up "matching funds" donations to this?

Surely they'd see fit to help us, as I must take the sincerity of their messages to be genuine. The problem would be finding a forum that is likely to reach them. Perhaps something very public could be done to highlight our charity efforts, and extend the invitation to NCsoft to join us? Massively could help with that, if we could impose on them.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2012, 02:39:54 PM »
Worth a shot, though I noticed earlier that Nexon already donated 250,000$ to charity recently (http://www.nexon.net/).
Of course that doesn't mean NCsoft did...

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2012, 05:54:44 PM »
Hi guys, I'm still battling this horrible cold. I actually seem to be getting worse. I hoped all of you would be able to help me get some of the dev team involved. A lot of them are on twitter and facebook. Any help with this would be awesome!

chasearcanum

• Boss
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2012, 12:26:51 AM »
Didn't the paragon Devs post something about doing their own Extra Life event before all this went down?  I found a link on Matt Miller's Google+ profile, but it seems to point to an invalid event.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2012, 12:41:12 AM »
$2,190.98 raised so far! :)

Team CoH is currently ranked #34 out of 1737 teams! :)

Here's hoping we hit the $5,000 mark :) 16 more days to go!

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2012, 02:09:32 AM »
A completely stupid question, and I realize this, but between work and school, I've been very busy, and haven't been able to sit down and word for word read this thread.

As a player, wishing to participate, is this a Free sign-up, or is a donation from me required?

As much as I would love to donate, that simply isn't in the cards for me, this month. So, I want to clarify that I can do this, without spending money I don't have.

Thanks, and sorry if this has already been covered :(.

Yes, you can sign up for free. I did. :)
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2012, 03:44:37 AM »

Lemme know who you are when you are signed up... DrakeGrimm and I will donate to you .. ok well maybe Drake won't :P

A completely stupid question, and I realize this, but between work and school, I've been very busy, and haven't been able to sit down and word for word read this thread.

As a player, wishing to participate, is this a Free sign-up, or is a donation from me required?

As much as I would love to donate, that simply isn't in the cards for me, this month. So, I want to clarify that I can do this, without spending money I don't have.

Thanks, and sorry if this has already been covered :( .