Author Topic: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon  (Read 68233 times)

LadyAndreca

• Underling
    • Extra Life link
Re: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2012, 04:06:58 AM »
I'm in and registered with the team.  Here's hoping we can get a decent amount raised!

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2012, 10:25:08 AM »
Ugh, camping trip that weekend. Pity, my wife and I already have a perfect character combo lined up to go with a such a charity event.  :'(

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2012, 10:30:07 AM »
Ugh, camping trip that weekend. Pity, my wife and I already have a perfect character combo lined up to go with a such a charity event.  :'(

That is a pity. Still, you could always see about donating to one of us who can run it. You know. Someone on the team. Could be, you know. Anyone. *cough cough* :P
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2012, 01:52:58 PM »
I cannot run it all day but I will be more than happy to join a great hero brigade (or two) for a mission (or three) or even a task force! I have already donated but I won't say to who!

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2012, 02:08:22 PM »
I cannot run it all day but I will be more than happy to join a great hero brigade (or two) for a mission (or three) or even a task force! I have already donated but I won't say to who!
Ah, then someone has a mystery sponsor!
Nice to see you visiting Paragon City, Fansy!

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
    • Repeat Offenders Network - Making the stupidly difficult easy since 2005
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2012, 04:58:13 PM »
I've signed up and here's my participant page link: http://www.extra-life.org/participant/alty

Now to go ask my ROmates for support!

jeangray

• Minion
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2012, 05:32:44 PM »
Okay, looking for some answers before I sign-up.

1.  I can do this 24 hour thing solo and/or teamed if I want?
2.  It doesn't have to be 24 hours straight on the same character, does it? 

If both those are yes solo and/or teamed is fine and yes you can switch characters as much as you want I cannot help but say yes and try even if 24 hours straight is a bit crazy. 

I LOVE the idea of the money going to a certain local hospital and would not be shocked if there's a decent amount of support from my facebook page alone for that hospital even in this lousy economy.  I'm not feeling terribly well today so sorry if my questions have been answered (I really did read the whole thread twice-but this sinus/headcold thing is not helping me think straight).

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2012, 05:37:29 PM »
Okay, looking for some answers before I sign-up.

1.  I can do this 24 hour thing solo and/or teamed if I want?
2.  It doesn't have to be 24 hours straight on the same character, does it? 

If both those are yes solo and/or teamed is fine and yes you can switch characters as much as you want I cannot help but say yes and try even if 24 hours straight is a bit crazy. 

I LOVE the idea of the money going to a certain local hospital and would not be shocked if there's a decent amount of support from my facebook page alone for that hospital even in this lousy economy.  I'm not feeling terribly well today so sorry if my questions have been answered (I really did read the whole thread twice-but this sinus/headcold thing is not helping me think straight).

Pretty sure we can team up if we want to. Not sure about the second question. I personally intend to play the same character for that entire time, and it will be one I create just for the event. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to, it's just what I plan to do. ;)
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Siberian Spring

• Lieutenant
    • Live Creatively
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2012, 05:57:29 PM »
Pretty sure we can team up if we want to. Not sure about the second question. I personally intend to play the same character for that entire time, and it will be one I create just for the event. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to, it's just what I plan to do. ;)

I hadn't thought of that... Specifically designed character?... Hmmm... I like it. :)

jeangray

• Minion
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2012, 06:12:42 PM »

Fair enough.  I have this crazy tendency to switch through characters per play session because I see something and think "oh man, why am I NOT playing that right now?" and tend to switch to whatever "that" is shortly after being reminded of it.  If this is a one character is recommended only to play kind of thing I would have to go brute because I tend to go "brute raging" and not get distracted that way at least.   ;D 

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2012, 06:15:21 PM »
Fair enough.  I have this crazy tendency to switch through characters per play session because I see something and think "oh man, why am I NOT playing that right now?" and tend to switch to whatever "that" is shortly after being reminded of it.  If this is a one character is recommended only to play kind of thing I would have to go brute because I tend to go "brute raging" and not get distracted that way at least.   ;D

I entirely know what you me--*someone throws a quarter*--OOH SHINY!

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2012, 12:25:40 AM »
Sorry for not getting to the questions earlier, I was at a wedding all day. You are welcome and encouraged to team but by no means do you have to. And as for staying on one character you can if you want to or you can alt every mission if you want. Its completely up to you.

jeangray

• Minion
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2012, 12:33:10 AM »
Sorry for not getting to the questions earlier, I was at a wedding all day. You are welcome and encouraged to team but by no means do you have to. And as for staying on one character you can if you want to or you can alt every mission if you want. Its completely up to you.

Most excellent, thank you for the quick reply.  Hope the wedding went great!  You have now given me zero reasons to say no to doing this (minus my husband going out of town for work that weekend last minute-knocks on wood).  Figure I'll sign myself up in the next day or two!

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2012, 01:02:19 AM »
Most excellent, thank you for the quick reply.  Hope the wedding went great!  You have now given me zero reasons to say no to doing this (minus my husband going out of town for work that weekend last minute-knocks on wood).  Figure I'll sign myself up in the next day or two!

Looking forward to having you on the team! The wedding was lovely. In an old castle which is now a hotel.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2012, 01:48:06 AM »
I have decided I will make a new toon for this event. Trying to decide what atm....leaning towards a heroic corruptor. I am open to creating this on any server so please let me know if we have a charity team planned on any specific server. I will be stocking up on Coffee, Pepsi max, and snacks lol. I am in the Mountain time zone (-2 hours from Eastern).

Would really like to be with a team of others doing this event so we can document our progress with pics/videos etc :)

Possible Toons (Hero Side):
Ice/Kin Corruptor
War Mace/Electric Brute
Empathy/Dark Defender

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2012, 02:04:18 AM »
I have decided I will make a new toon for this event. Trying to decide what atm....leaning towards a heroic corruptor. I am open to creating this on any server so please let me know if we have a charity team planned on any specific server. I will be stocking up on Coffee, Pepsi max, and snacks lol. I am in the Mountain time zone (-2 hours from Eastern).

Would really like to be with a team of others doing this event so we can document our progress with pics/videos etc :)

Possible Toons (Hero Side):
Ice/Kin Corruptor
War Mace/Electric Brute
Empathy/Dark Defender

My husband and I will for sure be playing on Virtue. We haven't decided what characters we will bring but I imagine we will certainly want to alt around a bit to get xp on several of our  characters. We're also rpers, but anyone is welcome to join us.

CoolFlare

• Underling
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2012, 02:59:29 AM »
I have an Idea! can we make a global channel for the charity event so we can support each other even if we are on different servers for this event?

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2012, 04:19:27 AM »
My husband and I will for sure be playing on Virtue. We haven't decided what characters we will bring but I imagine we will certainly want to alt around a bit to get xp on several of our  characters. We're also rpers, but anyone is welcome to join us.

I'll be blue side on Virtue as well. Not sure what I'm bringing to the party yet, but I've got a few concepts in mind.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2012, 05:04:31 AM »
I have no issues making a new toon on Virtue, but I am absolutely not a RPer nor am I into it....

If that is going to be an issue I can try and start up a Charity team on another server if people like.

Just wanna team as much as possible with other charity participants irregardless of the server.

Siberian Spring

• Lieutenant
    • Live Creatively
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2012, 05:17:55 AM »
Quote from: Maressa on Today at 02:04:18 am

I'll be blue side on Virtue as well. Not sure what I'm bringing to the party yet, but I've got a few concepts in mind.

Ditto on this. Smersh & I will either roll two new, purpose-built characters... or bounce among alts... but blueside Virtue is guaranteed.