Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1741432 times)

Sermon

• Minion
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »
I would guess that CoH 1.5 is once CoH is ported to UE4 and it is revived, in some sense, from maintenance mode.

It seems that "CoH 2" will have to be one of the other projects we are already anticipating, be it CoT, Heroes and Villains, etc.

FourSpeed

• Lieutenant
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2014, 10:16:28 PM »
Not quite for #2. Under the plan, the CoT build would be licensed to Atlas Park Revived to make CoH 1.5.
Same engine, different games. May have a shared user database and crossover opportunities, but that it up to MWM and APR.
Ahhh, thanks for the clarification, downix.

Given that CoH 1.5 (et al) is still a significant ways down the road yet, the obvious question(s) I'd have
would regard COH-I23, as it's probably the piece that could be implemented soonest (presumably).

1> Do you have any information on when/if COH-I23 would be made available to you?

2> Given that #1 occurs, is there any eta on when you'd be putting a host in place for players to access?

3> Is there any shareable information regarding costs, packages, vet rewards etc.

4> Is there anything that the community can do to assist in any way with that?

Don't get me wrong - While I'm highly interested in CoT and future efforts, the #1 Clarion Call in here
has been "Get the game back" -- which to me, translates as a playable version of where we were when
the rug was yanked out. Based on your post, I guess that means COH-I23, so that's the focus of my questions.

Thanks and Regards,

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2014, 10:16:49 PM »
Large parts of I13 PVP are hardcoded and cannot be removed without the source code.

So Codewalker, what might this plan mean for certain unnamed other projects -- good news?  neutral? 
I just invite your general speculation  ;)
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2014, 10:19:03 PM »
Large parts of I13 PVP are hardcoded and cannot be removed without the source code.

Not so much in the current CoX, for CoT, H&V, etc. I guess that's up the the individual directors of those projects. Just wanted to throw it out to use the events leading up to i13 pvp as a case study what not to do in order to not alienate a community base. Sorry I just reread my comment and wasn't clear on that :p

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2014, 10:19:47 PM »
I'm not to concerned about the Windows 9 incompatibility thing, we have emulators for nearly every operating system ever created at our fingertips.

Not worried either...I will probably be running Windows 7 until 9 proves itself LOL
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

themamboman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2014, 10:20:38 PM »
So, why is it assumed that Windows 9 will be incompatible?  Do they drop support for ancient OpenGL?

Klendarin

• Underling
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2014, 10:20:53 PM »
Wow, interesting news.  Thanks for all of your hard work and patience.
AKA @Great_Cthulhu, Kelvoro, Virtue Server

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2014, 10:21:34 PM »
Not worried either...I will probably be running Windows 7 until 9 proves itself LOL

Honestly the only reason I even run 7 is the audio mixer ^^;
Woo! - Argent Girl

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2014, 10:21:58 PM »
question will Iron Wolf still give updates, or will that fall to Missing Worlds now?
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Yoru-hime

• Minion
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2014, 10:22:31 PM »
Team APR (and Ironwolf),

Best of luck to you all. However this ends, your work has been an inspiration as to what fans are capable of when they work in a positive manner and try to make great things happen.

I am, of course, a bit disappointed in some of the limitations of what is available (source code and I24, in particular), but I'm sure it's not from lack of effort on your part.

I know we're a long way from the finish line, but here's hoping that we're all taking to the skies again sometime soon.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2014, 10:24:45 PM »
I could actually see this working whereas other buy out attempts might not.

And perhaps the merchandising and licensing of the COX IP could lead to better things in the future. :D

Black Wildfire

• Underling
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2014, 10:25:07 PM »
I just want to add my gratitude for everything that is being done. This is a lesson in patience for all of us. Thank you for giving us hope. Even if things don't work out the way we would like I am still grateful for the effort.

themamboman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2014, 10:25:18 PM »
And details such as how we will gain access (subscription, micro-transactions, etc) haven't been released yet (or maybe even decided upon).

Can't wait for more details.

Des_Tructive

• Lieutenant
  • SLAP!
    • Meta - Superhuman Covert Ops (german)
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2014, 10:26:08 PM »
1.) Thank you.

2.) The implication fo what you're working on is just... MIND... BLOWN.

3.) Thank you.
CoX: @DeS Tructive
TSW: BloodyCarrie; HrFaust; TheContact

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2014, 10:26:54 PM »
First, my thanks to you, Nate, and the Hail Mary team which has been working so hard on the negotiations with NCSoft.  Please know how very much we're behind you, and how much I for one appreciate everything that's been done so far, and all that is yet to come.

I noticed Tony V has posted this in at least one COH group on FB.  Is it all right to go ahead and share your announcement with the other CoH groups on FB?

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2014, 10:27:12 PM »
question will Iron Wolf still give updates, or will that fall to Missing Worlds now?

MWM isn't officially involved, so updates wouldn't come from them. I don't have actual information on this, but I'd speculate that information would come from Nate or Ironwolf.

Aside from that, CoT updates would come from MWM, APR updates would come from me, and so on.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2014, 10:28:01 PM »
I do have one concern...and I hope it is not taken in the wrong way.

Some one else pointed out that the focus of this effort/sub-forum is the return of COH.  The Project Zs have their own places.

My concern is about conflict of interest. Basically we are asking the Project Zs to support a competitor. (even if it IS COH).
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2014, 10:28:47 PM »
MWM isn't officially involved, so updates wouldn't come from them. I don't have actual information on this, but I'd speculate that information would come from Nate or Ironwolf.

Aside from that, CoT updates would come from MWM, APR updates would come from me, and so on.
nice :) thank you for clearing this up for me :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2014, 10:28:54 PM »
And details such as how we will gain access (subscription, micro-transactions, etc) haven't been released yet (or maybe even decided upon).

Can't wait for more details.

I don't think any of that has really been discussed yet. It's prolly very dependent on the terms of the purchase agreement with NCSoft.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Lava-Lad

• Minion
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2014, 10:30:06 PM »
I just want to add my gratitude for everything that is being done. This is a lesson in patience for all of us. Thank you for giving us hope. Even if things don't work out the way we would like I am still grateful for the effort.
This for me too.

I'm going to stop asking questions for the time being and let you all (Downix and co) release info as appropriate.  I'm just so happy that there are even talks with NCSoft to resolve this impasse that I just want to bask in the hope.