Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1712675 times)

Synfoola

• Underling
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2014, 09:50:18 PM »
Just got word of this on FB.

Fantastic stuff, gang. We're all grateful for the tenacity and patience you've exhibited to pull this off. :)

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2014, 09:51:29 PM »
Wow thank you Nate. I hope we pull this off.  ;D WE ARE HEROES!!!! THIS IS WHAT WE DO!!!!

Fleur_uk

• Lieutenant
  • @Fleur_Eriss
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2014, 09:51:54 PM »
Cheers Irishgirl, No clue on all the tech stuff.  xx

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2014, 09:52:16 PM »
To heck with it, I'm going to ask my questions. The worst that can happen is they can be ignored. :D

First, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the update. Win or lose, success or failure, at least you've made the effort and you've gone farther than anyone else has to this point. You have my gratitude-- and that of many others-- for making the effort. You have all given us hope in a dark time.

Questions:

1. When you say the other games will have the option to remove the "Spiritual" successor and go with something more official, will they be allowed to allowed to use the lore of COX (hero groups, villains, etc), and the various AT mechanics? Will they be buying a license to allow this?

2. Who will own the IP of COX? This will be a completely separate company from MWM?

3. If successful, will you continue working as part of MWM AND the COX venture?
1) a license of some sort will be needed to meet the obligations of protecting the property. We do not want the next Scarlet Blade to use the material without any say so.

2) a holding company, independent of MWM.

3) for this, I am the salesman. I will leave it to others to manage, as MWM is enough management for me.

InOnePiece

• Minion
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2014, 09:52:50 PM »
Thanks for the news, and continued best wishes.

Nadia Luma

• Minion
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2014, 09:53:04 PM »
Seriously even the thought of this happening slightly fills the void this game left behind. The pure excitement that I have right now packs the hole in my heart.
I'm truly grateful as much as everyone else of the effort you have put in for best community of gamers I've ever had the pleasure of playing along side.

Again Thank You so much.

I hope in the end we all get what we want.

Nasty Rascal

• Underling
  • Grinding out the XP in real life!
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2014, 09:54:45 PM »
So...the important question simply is... What can we do to help?

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2014, 09:55:47 PM »
I am still confused. Will there be a CoH2 or JUST the spinoff projects?

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2014, 09:56:07 PM »
I'm totally confused.... I have absolutely NO understanding of coding etc etc and this announcement was a lil too technical for me or something.
If everything goes as planned:
CoH as we knew it in Issue 23 will be coming back.. yes?
The whole Windows 9 thing is confusing me... are you saying that when Windows 9 hits... CoH Issue 23... won't work??
Sorry but I have read the statement 5 or 6 times and am totally not understanding what will happen if everything goes through.
Can someone dumb it down for me?

For starters, for those who don't know.... I run APR. Nate and I have been in talks for a little while now, and I've got a pretty good handle on what the plan is. I'll try and answer some people's questions as best I can, So poor Nate isn't having to do everything.

CoH Issue 23 is planned to make a return, yes. However, the team will not have the ability to make ANY updates to it. No new content, no new costume pieces, no patching out bugs.

On windows 9, I have no information. Most likely there will be compatability issues with running something as old as CoH. Also, see above...No new content.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2014, 09:56:09 PM »
So...the important question simply is... What can we do to help?

Ghost Hero

• Underling
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2014, 09:56:16 PM »
I would like to chime in with my thanks.  Keep on going team!

Lava-Lad

• Minion
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2014, 09:57:04 PM »
Kind of, Yeah. It means no updates to the original game, however.

Enter the heroes of SCoRE

Lava-Lad

• Minion
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2014, 09:58:31 PM »
For starters, for those who don't know.... I run APR. Nate and I have been in talks for a little while now, and I've got a pretty good handle on what the plan is. I'll try and answer some people's questions as best I can, So poor Nate isn't having to do everything.

CoH Issue 23 is planned to make a return, yes. However, the team will not have the ability to make ANY updates to it. No new content, no new costume pieces, no patching out bugs.

On windows 9, I have no information. Most likely there will be compatability issues with running something as old as CoH. Also, see above...No new content.

Does that include player generated content?

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2014, 09:58:51 PM »
Enter the heroes of SCoRE
Score is server only. This issue is of client. They will have the same issue.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2014, 09:58:58 PM »

What is APR?

erich

• Minion
    • Art of War Gaming
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2014, 09:59:06 PM »
Thanks for your hard work in trying to bring the game back to the community.

I updated my site with this information and also informed my facebook group (players that were on Liberty).

They will be excited to hear this.

Thanks again!
Art of War Gaming
A friendly community of gamers

bugzee

« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2014, 09:59:13 PM »
Thanks Nate, I am grateful for the efforts. Is source code access completely off the table? This "holding company", they are the ones to basically port the existing i23 binary to a new updated engine? Or did I not understand what you posted..?

Winter Fable

• Lieutenant
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2014, 09:59:18 PM »
I'm totally confused.... I have absolutely NO understanding of coding etc etc and this announcement was a lil too technical for me or something.

If everything goes as planned:

CoH as we knew it in Issue 23 will be coming back.. yes?

The whole Windows 9 thing is confusing me... are you saying that when Windows 9 hits... CoH Issue 23... won't work??

Sorry but I have read the statement 5 or 6 times and am totally not understanding what will happen if everything goes through.

Can someone dumb it down for me?
This ^^^^^Thank You for all the work you have done,and I'm probably in the minority on this but,does this mean we can have  CoX back like it was.I loved the fact that it was simple and easy to play,how the powers worked and team dynamics.If possible that is what I would want.The new versions may look better but I'm not sure anything will ever play like our beloved game.

FourSpeed

• Lieutenant
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2014, 09:59:21 PM »
Downix,
Can we still have our game without the source code? and Thank you again, and for such a detailed post.
I'm purely speculating here, but the interpretation I have from downix's post (PLEASE correct me if I've
misinterpreted) is:

1>  *IF* they get that COH-I23 binary, that could be run in maintenance mode on pre Win-9
software environment and server(s). There's no character or account data, so I assume any players
would (by necessity) start from scratch. Nothing has been mentioned about pricing or vet rewards etc.

2> MWM - CoT would be able to be released as COH 1.5

3> Future ? ? ?

So, presuming the first IF becomes fact, I'd say "yes, we can get our game back", but for how long they
are willing to host it, and how long you want to keep your PC at Win 8(?) or earlier, and at what costs,
remain open questions.

Regards,

PreciousRoy

• Underling
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2014, 09:59:41 PM »
I know this isn't a yes or a promise... but as a City of Titans Kickstarter, this is just about the best possible news I could have hoped for... was not what I was expecting... and makes me very, very happy.

Thanks for everything you and the team are doing-- I23 and CoT, too.