Author Topic: Your most fun character vs. your most powerful character  (Read 15247 times)

silvers1

• Boss
Re: Your most fun character vs. your most powerful character
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2014, 12:10:59 PM »
Defenders were a class I could never really get into, my first character was a dark/dark defender, and it was 'good' for team play, but alone It was just garbage, in I1, and after getting it to 40 after a year and a half of just lounging around Atlas, I kinda gave up on it, unfairly, mind you, but it was a bad first impression, though, granted, I was ten/eleven, this was my first MMO, and I wasn't exactly smart at the time..So part of it is my own idiocy (My first 11 months of playing, I had no idea what enhancements were.)

I had a dark/dark named Doc Midnite, whom I mothballed for the longest time.   When I heard the game was passing, I finally decided to level him to 50, which I did.   I had plans to make him a Lambda iTrial beast - who could lock down Marauder in one place, but just didn't have the time to fully slot him out.
Oh well.

--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

Ashrael

• Underling
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2014, 02:47:43 AM »
Think my most powerful toon was either my kat/dark scrapper for survivability or my claws/fire brute for sheer damage.  My most fun was re-rolled as different ATs all the time but he was always the toon I would show up to events to.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2014, 02:33:55 PM »
It's a hard question to answer. I suppose, if pressed, I'd have to say Del Mannsfield was the strongest. He was an electric/regen scrapper, and he shredded everything. I never really paid much attention to the enhancements aspects of things, so he probably could have been even better, but I remember him being awesome. It could also have been the combinations of power pools I used. Not sure.

My most fun character, though, was my main. Safehouse was an energy/psi blaster, and he was an incredibly good time. Even though I had to kite a lot, because blapper, it was just a blast (pun not intended) to tear it up with my powers. He may have gone down a lot, but with him that didn't matter. Plus, he had a whole storyline where he was gradually turning to the dark side - actually thought of submitting the full story to a comic company. By level 30, he was a vigilante. By level 40, Scirocco had convinced him to join Recluse's cause. But, by level 50, he found his way back to the light.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2014, 07:50:26 PM »
My most powerful had to be my Broadsword/Shield Scrapper. I'd put a lot of inf into kitting the character out fully, and set my incarnate powers up so that I could basically fight most enemy groups at +4/x8.

I'd had a lot of inf, and had some close runners' up in terms of power. I had a Super-Reflexes/Street-Fighting tanker that was pretty powerful too, and also a lot of fun to play mechanically. That character would be my best choice for all around power & fun.

But my most fun character was, hands down, my Archery/Kinetics Corrupter. Though the character was viable in terms of power; again, I spent a lot of inf getting the right IOs to tweak the build, but still nowhere near the raw solo power of the melee-types. However, once I joined a party my character synergized with almost anyone else immensely and added so much to the group it was just amazing fun. Kinetics was like that, tbh. As a roleplayer, my character was a newshound/photographer and I could throw out a fulcrum shift and then just stop in the middle of fight, get the camera emote out, and ask people to pose for pictures, or start "interviewing" the enemies we were fighting. ^_^

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2014, 02:43:33 PM »
My bots/traps MM never really came up against much he couldn't tackle and a lot of the content I really didn't even have to put much effort into defeating. When I set my mind to it and leveraged his abilities well he was beastly, but I totally understand why some people didn't like the pairing all that much.

I think my most fun characters would have to be a tie between my 3xice blaster and my grav/kin troller. They were both concept builds and they were both pretty successful without lots of min maxing and dumping millions of inf into their IOs. They could have been more potent, but they worked and were fun just the way they were and that's what mattered to me.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2014, 03:13:33 PM »
I think my most fun characters would have to be a tie between my 3xice blaster and my grav/kin troller. They were both concept builds and they were both pretty successful without lots of min maxing and dumping millions of inf into their IOs. They could have been more potent, but they worked and were fun just the way they were and that's what mattered to me.
I had a grav/kin too! They could be awesomely fun, especially throwing cars and refrigerators and stuff at people. And wormhole... I loved that power. It was tricky to use right without angering everyone, but it could be really cool. I used to grab hellions off the street and then camera straight up and wormhole them at the sky. >.>

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2014, 04:37:19 PM »
Someone reminded me the other day of how much fun a sonic/sonic defender was to play.

Not so much solo, but when you were on a team you would be able to make your team tank/blasters. It seemed like any pug you were on would instantly start steamrolling once you did your +res, -res thing.

Added to it was with the defender inherent, you could quite often blast away without a care to your endurance.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?