Author Topic: Your most fun character vs. your most powerful character  (Read 15256 times)

Supermax

• Minion
Your most fun character vs. your most powerful character
« on: July 31, 2014, 10:45:38 PM »
I just found this place yesterday, and it's brought back a lot of memories. Since there's a faint hope of CoH coming back at some point, I've been thinking about my old toons and new ones that I'd make if given the opportunity. That brought me to the question in the subject. Now maybe your most fun character was also your most powerful. But maybe you're like me, and it wasn't.

For me, my most fun toon, and the one I would most likely remake first, was my Fire/EM blaster. The blaster AT was arguably the hardest to play, because they had nothing to rely on except pure damage. But that's what I learned the game on, and after that, every other AT was a piece of cake. So why was it so fun? Just because of the challenge. You couldn't just put a power on auto, jump into the middle of a huge spawn, and then leave to make a sandwich. You had to truly play your character, and if you made a single mistake, there's a good chance you'd die.

That brings me to my most power character, my Fire/SS tanker. He could do things the blaster couldn't even dream of. And I don't mean one or two things, but practically everything. Pretty much the only thing he did worse was damage dealing on a team. For everything else he was better. He was as close to godlike as you could get - a fire tank with the standard resists, a quick-recharging healing flames, the highest tier Rebirth for extra healing, and almost softcapped defense. You literally could put a power on auto and leave to make a sandwich. There was very little in the game that had even a chance of killing him.

And that was the beauty of CoH - the amazing variety in playstyles. If I wanted to just plow through stuff without being challenged, I'd play my tank. If I wanted to be kept on my toes, I'd play the blaster. Or I'd play something else, for yet another completely different experience. Ah...I miss it :(

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
Re: Your most fun character vs. your most powerful character
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 11:39:56 PM »
My most fun character I had was the DP/Devices Blaster.  She was just so fun.  I like that I could set up mines, get my gun drone and shoot like crazy.  My most powerful character was my Ice/DM tank.  But she was boring.  I could jump in mobs and it was just one kill after another.  No challenge.  There were days that I wanted to just beat up stuff but most of the time, I just wanted to have fun so my main ended up being my blaster. 

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 01:35:59 AM »
 The concept of most fun vs most powerful doesnt register for me.. Powerful is fun.. and Powerful can mean many many different things

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 01:45:04 AM »
I'd say my most fun and powerful character was my Dual Pistols/Devices Blaster Dual Bullets. I had a blast playing him (see what I did there? God I am so lonely), considering how he was my first Incarnate and my new main after that, I thought I would make him my main (aside from my Stone/Stone Tank) and it pretty much grew from there. I ended up hosting a Hami and Mamaship Raid and some trials, which made me like him even more.

My most fun character was probably my Robotics/Pain Domination MM Charged Mastermind. He didn't pack as much of a punch as Dual Bullets did in my opinion but the robots were so fun to watch. And Pain Domination (in my opinion) was better than Empathy. He eventually passed my Blaster in IOs and Incarnate stuff because I felt he was a bit more durable and fun to play than Dual Bullets, but he was still my favorite fun to play character.

My most powerful character in terms of damage was probably my Peacebringer. Ironic but I had slotted a lot of damage buffs and endurance reductions on him so Photon Seekers almost one shot a group of Bosses when I tested him in AE. Either my PB or my Scrapper was more powerful. I'd say equal.

My most powerful in terms of tanking was probably my Stone/Stone Tank. A rather basic set, but I felt that Granite Armor absorbed so much so I kept him going. Didn't play him much after Incarnate's came out because no one seemed to like Stone tanks anymore on Victory. Oh well.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 02:44:05 AM »
My most powerful was probably Thing of Bigness.  Big stompin' guy who wore the biggest of everything possible.  In red/black colorations.  He looked ridiculous..ly awesome. :)  Even had the punkin' head to ensure his status as having all the big.  SS/WP brute.  He was fun fun fun.

But, and this the oddity, my most *fun* character was Brawling Humiliator.  I know, I know, guys and gals.... but I really enjoyed him.  If any haven't heard about him, Brawl/WP, street, solo, no contacts, and only Brawl.  Ever.  Got him to 50+.  He was fun, because he was hilarious, and also taught me a lot about how to deal with the enemies in ways I hadn't considered, which helped my other characters a LOT.

I mean... when you stroll in to a mob of +4 or +5 bad guys, what with maybe 4 minions, a LT or two, and a Boss, and... you just stand there, bappin' them in the face until one by one they just fall under the death of 1000 papercuts (in effect)...

I cackled the entire way to 50 over the course of the 6 months of 'when I could play'.  Totally worth it.

Then again, I'm insane.  I was the turkey all along, and I ride a pig.  Says so, and shows me in action, on the left there.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 06:54:51 AM »
It is hard to tell which character one will enjoy the most...You just have to create them and experiment.
I've deleted characters I was not having fun with.

In my case it was Venus, my empath, I eventually grew attached to.
She was so weak, I kept weapon, damage ability as low as I could to make her a super healer.

It was fun to be invited to missions, TF's only for such abilities. I think the Tanks, scrappers enjoyed protecting her
and other players like mine. We all had our jobs to do, that's all that mattered.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 10:27:37 AM »
My most powerful was probably Thing of Bigness.  Big stompin' guy who wore the biggest of everything possible.  In red/black colorations.  He looked ridiculous..ly awesome. :)  Even had the punkin' head to ensure his status as having all the big.  SS/WP brute.  He was fun fun fun.

But, and this the oddity, my most *fun* character was Brawling Humiliator.  I know, I know, guys and gals.... but I really enjoyed him.  If any haven't heard about him, Brawl/WP, street, solo, no contacts, and only Brawl.  Ever.  Got him to 50+.  He was fun, because he was hilarious, and also taught me a lot about how to deal with the enemies in ways I hadn't considered, which helped my other characters a LOT.

I mean... when you stroll in to a mob of +4 or +5 bad guys, what with maybe 4 minions, a LT or two, and a Boss, and... you just stand there, bappin' them in the face until one by one they just fall under the death of 1000 papercuts (in effect)...

I cackled the entire way to 50 over the course of the 6 months of 'when I could play'.  Totally worth it.

Then again, I'm insane.  I was the turkey all along, and I ride a pig.  Says so, and shows me in action, on the left there.

Oh, this reminded me of my friend who had "Brawlman" not quite the same idea although he did use brawl. a lot.

My Favorite was a fire/fire/fire blaster, so much AoE damage and carpet kissing! Got even more AoE when Overwhelming force came out. KB to KD made Bonfire OMG! sick.

My most powerful fire/kin controller, with quite of bit of purple was just off the charts sick, great at soloing and teaming.

Nightmarer

• Boss
  • We all float down here
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 12:55:47 PM »
Hmmm, one of them would definitely be my Ice/Fire tanker, specially when teaming with other tanks and using my favourite bind "All your aggro belongs to meh!", the other one, definitely my Stone/Fire Brute. As I levelsed him before inherent fitness pool, I remember I spend all my inf on a lv 20 Miracle +recovery and still, when reaching lvl 20 and getting Stamina I was so relieved I even made a "yay! stamina!" bind. After lvl 20 and with liberal use of "Fault" it was probably funniest char I've ever played.-

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 12:59:47 PM »
 I have a problem defining MOST powerful...

Firstly because I have several characters that are very powerful.. its hard to quantify which is MORE than the other..

Second.. what is Powerful?... Is it doing more damage ?? Is it the ability to survive more damage ?? Is it the ability to completely lockdown a mob and destroy them at your leisure?? Is it how fast you can defeat foes ?? Is it who can defeat the strongest foes ?? Is it Single Target damage being an effective boss killer? Is it AoE damage being able to wipe out mobs efficiently ?? Is it being an AV killer ??

And All of the characters I have created are fun for one reason or another.. There isnt one that is MORE fun than the other for me..

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 03:16:50 PM »
I can say after playing scrappers with out taunt auras the ones with where way more fun for me to play before that and before IO's my spines/da was real fun but after

Fire/sd and my DB/EA where my two top tier builds I loved to play

My DB/EA was becoming my main and moving along (He was 50 but doing my TF's and getting my badges and incarnates and soloing a few AV's)  and then shut down gerr so he could do a lot but I ran out of time before I could do as through of an AV test on him to the extent I did my fire/sd he was powerful and real fun and I did take down several AV's his aoe was solid and I was still building to one IO to up his dps a little more

Before that my Fire/sd was my AV hunter and aoe farmer I could say he was my most tested I soloed somewhere between 10-15 of the AV's successfully with the following rules (Pre incarnate) no temp powers and no inspirations

Anyways those where my most fun and most powerful builds

Supermax

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 05:22:42 PM »
Second.. what is Powerful?... Is it doing more damage ?? Is it the ability to survive more damage ?? Is it the ability to completely lockdown a mob and destroy them at your leisure?? Is it how fast you can defeat foes ?? Is it who can defeat the strongest foes ?? Is it Single Target damage being an effective boss killer? Is it AoE damage being able to wipe out mobs efficiently ?? Is it being an AV killer ??

To me it's a combination of all of the above. Just overall power, and being able to do anything.

For example, my blaster was very fun, but all he could do was provide high levels of continuous single target and AoE DPS....if kept alive by teammates.

Meanwhile my tank could outdamage many scrappers, both in ST and AoE. He could survive practically anything. He could keep all aggro on himself, which is basically "crowd control" for the team. Or he could break off from the team and kill entire spawns by himself.

So looking at those two toons, there is no question about who was more powerful overall, even though the blaster could do more damage.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 10:00:36 PM »
I liked to roleplay, hopefully not to the point of being annoying.

So one of my fun to play toons was a nerco/dark MM named Necrophillia.
My most powerful had to be the wp/fire/fire tank Super Fire Dragon, who was also fun to play.

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 10:14:42 PM »
My most powerful in terms of defense was my Stone/stone tank
My most powerful In terms of damage was my dark/wp brute
my most fun ........ toss up between my dark/regen scrapper or my Street Justice/WP brute. both were hella fun.

mezzosoprano

• Underling
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 12:46:28 AM »
Lots of contenders for both most powerful, but most fun I had, hands down, was my plant/storm controller. Purpled and IOd for ridiculous recharge, with damage procs everywhere, she was an aoe whirlwind of carnage. Stealth and seeds of confusion meant never eating an alpha. I only wish I'd discovered this combo sooner!

Iron-Emerald

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 01:22:14 AM »
My most powerful was my dark melee / invulnerable scrapper. She had a rough start battling CoT too often in low levels before I really knew how the game worked, but ended up a real powerhouse. Once I had my build together it was so much fun just wading into groups trusting on high defence and high resistance to protect me.

My most fun was still probably my energy / energy blaster. Played solo most of the way to 50 and really enjoyed knocking things about the place. Then by level 50 got my ranged defence and resistances up enough to start taking on AV's solo even. And it was pretty satisfying running about Dark Astoria with a blapper build too.
Honourable mention for duel pistols and water blast since I loved the special effects on them. :)

Byakuya523

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 01:38:02 AM »
Most powerful my energy/energy blaster, most fun my robots/thermal mastermind
Nahar 50 Energy/Energy Blaster
DraconicSins 50 Fire/Fire Tank
Chaotic Princess 50 Robotics/Thermal Radiation MM
Kugari 50 Titan Weapon/Super Reflex Brute

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 01:02:57 PM »
I got lucky... I made my Ill/Rad thinking that with all the options it was going to be a fun character. Lucked out into a FotM just by trying to have fun :D

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 01:30:17 PM »
I think that for me, fun varied with the mood I was in.

When I was younger, I used to read what I considered at the time, a silly series called The Destroyer with a character called Remo Williams. Now, Remo was kind of dull, but his mentor and trainer Chiun was truly the stuff legends are made of.

Not legends like Alexander the Great, comedic legends. The writers really had fun with this guy. Being older, I find the books to have staled with age, as the original pair of authors is no more. Richard Sapir and Warren Murphy somehow co-wrote these books working on them seperately. But, for me, when Sapir left the series before his death, that's when things got stale for me. Anyways, I would buy the books and skip through to Chiun's dialogue, just for the silly comments.

So, I made a super-reflexes scrapper called Klang the Trite. For some inexplicable reason, I wanted to make Klang similar to Chiun. I made him have a crush on Connie Chung, despite her marriage to that "Pale Piece of a Pig's Ear", Maury Povich. He also found Soap Opera's to be "lovely dramas".

The unsettling thing was that teaming with him was difficult, as he would want to be paid for his efforts. And his manners were a bit atrocious.
The dialog I used for him, well, I had a fun time with it, although I'm sure others were scratching their heads when I'd get an invite, I'd accept. But, I told them I couldn't possible risk my life for less than 1000 influence, payable in gold. And, the more difficult the task, the more I would ask for. Some gave it, as it was a nominal fee, others would just figuratively go "huh?". Some just kicked poor Klang without further comments.

Because he was an RP character, I put him on Virtue. But, because I'm a Liberty player at heart, Klang didn't get much love. His earnings are still embarassingly low for a highly esteemed Korean assassin. However, I believe he is still in @Sgt Pandora's sg on Virtue, or was at the game's end. I felt badly for not playing on the server much, but I think for some of us, we get that feeling of guilt when we're not on our home server. Eh, maybe that's just me. <shrug>

Aside from this character, I kind of have a tie for 2nd. Ukase Rex my main, ice/ice/Mace blaster (my badge toon, I want to say 1339 at the game's closing.) and Molten Heat, Fire/Mental/ Cold, another blaster (one of my two different characters to get The Really Hard Way. Loved that trial - mainly the epic fight against Cole in the end, avoiding the lightning.)
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2014, 05:22:23 PM »
I cant just name one because they were all fun to play, where as my most powerful I would have to say on the top of my head is my brute eng/wp :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 06:56:23 PM by Angel Phoenix77 »
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 06:37:04 PM »
Here is my impression of the most powerful toons I created.. in no ranking order.. just my personal impression of what was very powerful.. that being said I felt that every toon I made was powerful.. but these I would rank as the best of the bunch... some of this is obviously skewed by builds and IO's etc etc.. also Incarnate abilities..

Blasters

Rad/Fire hands down..

Controllers

Ill/Rad
Ill/Dark
Grav/Time

Defenders

Cold/Ice

Tanks

Elec/SS
WP/SS
Shield/Fire

Brutes

SS/EA
Elec/Shield

Corruptors

DP/Time

Dominators

Fire/Psi
Earth/Fire

Scrappers

Spines/Fire

Epics

All Human Peacebringer

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 06:58:06 PM »
My most powerful character was probably either my crabbermind, my plant/fire, or my SS/Fire/soul brute.

Most fun? Warshade.

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 01:14:46 AM »
Overall fun/power, I'd say my main - Shifter (Stone/Fire tank).
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

katycat737

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 06:41:47 AM »
My most effective and powerful character is probably my Earth / Psi dominator pre-nerf psychic Shockwave.
She mowed throw mobs while hardly taking a single hit, and this was also when she was still 46 not even 50. When she finally got to 50, she was unstoppable.
Side note: I realize that Fire/Psy was the go to farming build back then, but I always hate the idea of fire powers.

My most fun is any controller / dominator with Mind Control. When CoV first released (I was like what... 12 and idiotic), I constantly underestimated the Dominator archetype. Later when I couldn't pay for the Subscription fee, my friend told me about Guild Wars and rolled the Mesmer (rip gw1 mesmer). Then when I finally saved up money to play CoV/H again, I rolled a mind control dominator and I was blown away.

I rolled Mind Control because hey, Mesmers were basically Mind Control medieval controllers. Fell in love with not only the archetypes, but the power set too

So far, no other game I have ever played has matched the ability of control given to the GW1 Mesmer and CoH/V Controllers/Dominators. I have fun disrupting and controlling enemies, not seeing big damage numbers on a computer screen (although Mesmers and Dom/Controller can output some high numbers anyway :)  )
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:48:10 AM by katycat737 »

DBadger

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 04:47:29 PM »
Most fun was my Fire/SS tank. Squishy as hell but loved playing him

Most powerful was probably my Crab Spider or Katana/WP scrapper, but both were seriously pimped out.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 06:08:05 PM »
My all time favorite toon was my Earth/Kin/Stone Troller :) While everyone else had their fire/kins... I gladly rocked my earth/kin. If I wanted to farm outside of AE...this is the toon I used quite successfully :)

My most powerful toon... My Fire/Time/Power Corruptor which just so happens to be my namesake. Maxed Defense to ... EVERYTHING (45.7% was my "weakest" (Psi/melee)... with 62% Ranged defense)... plus major damage.... I was so excited for Issue 24 and already had his build all worked out. With Permanent 56.7% +tohit... I was so ready for the new rules for snipes :)

energizingion

• Minion
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 07:03:34 PM »
I was going to say that the most fun and the most powerful character would be the same for me but after reading a post or two, I don't think they are the same (still could be for me I guess).

My main, a Kinetics/Rad. Blast Def., was a blast to play and really got me hooked in CoH.  Kinetics is just so powerful and "keeps me on my toes" on knowing which mob to use Transference and Transfusion on so to keep them with 0 end, while attacking the other mob(s).  Fulcurm Shift...well, we all know how much fun that is. :D

I also had a lot of fun with my Street Justice/Regen Brute.  Really loved the StJ set and was surprised at how well the /regen part of my character kept me alive, once I knew how to play regen that is hehe.

energizingion

• Minion
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 07:16:33 PM »
... I was so excited for Issue 24 and already had his build all worked out. ...I was so ready for the new rules for snipes :)

I was too!  I was playing around on the test server with my main (Kin/Rad blast def) and "couldn't wait" until i24 so that I could respec EI into the rad. blast's snipe power.  Loved the look and sound of that power.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 08:57:39 PM »
Actually my most powerful character was also my most fun character I think.  I loved playing my Energy/Devices blaster.  And I am hoping I will get to play him again

Blackshear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2014, 01:21:21 AM »
Most powerful?  I dunno.  I never played the game to be uber mega super.  I played for fun.

Most fun?  My thugs / traps MM, hands down.  I loved taking on high powered super threats with my little crew of gangsters.  Gang War was made of so much win I don't even know where to start.  Every time I used it up I'd obsessively watch the counter until I could use it again!  Watching my boys whale on some hapless AV with tire irons never got old.

Honorable fun mention to my MA / regen scrapper.  While I had to keep a close eye on his health, powering him up to full with Moment of Glory + Instant Healing + Dull Pain + Focus Chi turned him into a monster.  I had them all bound to the numpad so I could fire them all off in rapid succession.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2014, 06:39:57 AM »
I'm going with a couple of late comer sets for mine.

The most fun (surprisingly so) was my Nature Affinity/Dual/Dark Pistols defender. Although I never finished him, he was still able to go toe to toe with AVs (with mez vitamins) and had lots of aoe potential too.

Most powerful might have been the Dark/Dark/Lev controller. With a super rech build in place, that char had 5 pets (including Water Spout) to go with his contained damage/lockdown and some serious amounts of resist/def/-tohit/regen. Overall a very tough character as long as you didn't go afk. :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:49:21 AM by Ankhammon »
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Freakenstein

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2014, 04:35:09 AM »
I had the most fun playing my Dual Pistols/Dark Blaster or my Dual Blades/Dark Brute. For survivability, Elec/Elec Tank could usually handle almost anything. 'Cept Carnies. I [pancake]ing hate Carnies.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 03:23:22 AM »
Do they censor certain words and change them or is that a [pancake]ing forum thing?
Cause, I like [pancake]s.

Winter Fable

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 04:01:37 AM »
Most  powerful was my Illusion/storm.tornado,water spout phantom army, phantasm,freezing rain,lightning storm,slows,deceive,hurricane with a heal and invisibilty,you could really keep your team going.My earth/storm
was the same but not as powerful(maybe with more control though)still really fun.

Young Tutor

• Minion
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2014, 10:19:16 PM »
My most fun and my most powerful character was my Rad/Dark Defender (offender). Perma-hasten and perma-AM were a given. Her global recharge was so high she could run an attack chain of gloom/dark blast (with procs) or Nightfall/Tentacles depending on whether she wanted to do single target damage or AOEs. She could spam EMPs. Nowhere near softcapped on defense, but enough of it to dodge things if she pulled agro. She was set up to be really effective while exemplared (the purple bonuses didn't hurt much) and she would make AVs *melt* on TFs. I was very much looking forward to the new sets with i24 to make her build even more degenerate.

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2014, 03:22:43 AM »
Most Fun: Illusion/Storm troller

Chaos in a can with the most powerful battle terrain control I ever experienced.  The toon was a secondary character I made after leveling an Ill/Rad

Most Powerful: Toss up between Ill/Rad troller and Dark/Ice defender

Both had fun debuffs and safety built in, but the defender had more single-target holds than most controllers.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 11:18:53 AM »
most powerful - fire/fire tank
most fun earth/kin controller

in some cases the earth/kin was fairly powerful as well, and could hold a spawn completely helpless will the little stoner ran around on speed boost taking out the bad guys.
I solo'd Mot with my fire/fire tank toward the end, just to see if I could. Took a few tries, but managed to take him down.
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2014, 03:18:59 PM »
Most fun:
Plant/Storm Troller

Most powerful:
This one is tough.  Tossup between my MA/Shield scrapper, Inv/SS Tanker,  and Fire/Rad Troller.

--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2014, 06:57:35 PM »
Dark/fire brute for farming fire ae maps.

Fire/kin or fire/fire dom with rotp for stupid fast lawn mowing of at level mobs for recipes/purples

And this is from an electric whore.

Although 80 percent of my time was spent on either an elec/nrg blaster, elec/elec brute, elec/elec dom, elec/nin stalker or elec/time controller
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2014, 09:46:16 PM »
My most fun character was a Mind/Mind Controller named Cassadega Delgado (look to the left if you want to know what she looked like.) She was designed to do one thing...juggle.

Yup, I had a single character designed around an emote. I would stand in Atlas Park (Protector) for hours juggling, telling awful jokes, and reading peoples fortunes. Cass never wanted to be a hero, but kept getting dragged along anyway (my regular partners referred to it as 'kicking and screaming') and somehow in all that, she got to lv 50.

My most powerful character also came from Protector server and was a Kin/Psi Defender named Valentina Rose. Rose was MASSIVELY accident prone, and managed to end up dead in every single mission I played her in (I swear the game AI had a vendetta against her or something). Rose, however used the Kinetics set to serious advantage and could reduce even the toughest AV to the level of an anemic kindergartener.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2014, 10:19:10 PM »
Most Fun: Illusion/Storm troller

Chaos in a can with the most powerful battle terrain control I ever experienced.  The toon was a secondary character I made after leveling an Ill/Rad

Most Powerful: Toss up between Ill/Rad troller and Dark/Ice defender

Both had fun debuffs and safety built in, but the defender had more single-target holds than most controllers.

My wife is weighing in on this one too:

Her most fun and most powerful were tied for first:

Fire/Cold blaster, massive DPS and good crowd control.  Worked well solo or in teams.

Storm/Sonic defender, all-around -RES power and good terrain control.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Stratoburst

• Minion
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2014, 02:54:27 AM »
Most Fun:  Tie between Stratoburst (Peacebringer) and Mindful One (psi/mental dominator) - Confuse was a blast, and I juiced it up but good!

Most Powerful:  Brilliant Twilight (rad/dark defender, conceived as an "artificial Warshade that came out sideways"); T4 incarnate "around the horn"

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2014, 10:41:24 AM »
I think my most fun toon was my Mind/Psi/Psi Dominator - Mindwing.  She was pretty close to my most powerful as well.  My most powerful was my Fire/Kin/Fire Controller, Daughter Dawn.  If I wanted to go FAST I used her; otherwise I'd just hop on Mindwing and take a map at whatever pace I felt like - nothing could get through either toon's controls by the end of it.
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

Talon Blue

• Minion
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 03:12:28 PM »
As much as my Claws/SR was my favorite solo toon and a high DPS toon (I used her for the solo-pylon challenge), my Night Widow could play similarly to it at times. She was built for Perma-Mind Link and soft-capped defenses, but she also offered a far more versatile play-style for both solo and team oriented play. A jack-of-all-trades but master of none. A decent single target attack chain of Follow Up->Lunge->Strike->Swipe, fair AoE damage with Dart Burst, Spin, Electrifying Fences, and Ball Lightning, and an assortment of team wide buffs of Tactical Training, the Leadership pool, and Mind Link. She was not my strongest toon per-se in terms of numbers, but overall she did so many different things that it felt like she was.

Widows and Fortunata are very fun to play.

My most powerful? Probably my Dark/Shield Scrapper. Soul Drain+Against All Odds->Shield Charge->Fireball and Dark Consumption if necessary and say goodbye to that x8 wave of minions. Simple, straight-forward, effective.

Clave Dark 5

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2014, 04:14:52 PM »
Most Fun:  Most every toon I made was hella fun at some point or another, sometimes just based on if I played with a good team that night or not, but if I had to choose, I think I'd go with my Bots/Dark MM, "Watership Doom" who rocked a creepy bunny/Doctor Doom look.  I have always been a fan of the fun an MM gets from standing back and watching their pets wreak havoc and destruction, and Bots were really good at that, while Dark just exacerbated the problem.

Most Powerful:  I was never much of a builder until near the end so I never had many toons that I could say were powerful in any form of "power gamer" sort of way.  One of those few though was my namesake stalker, Energy Melee/Super Reflexes.  After finally yielding to the thought that building builds might build the fun, I sat down with him and after a little work and careful choices, I came up with a stalker who could tank for a team fairly well, something I sadly didn't get to do more than a handful of times - by the end, population on red-side, at night, was pretty much reserved for the "play Incarnate or go home" crowd, when there even was a crowd (I say crowd... a "handful" more like...)(actually that was mostly the blue-side crowd as well).  Sure, I might have moved him to blue-side, but that would have felt like an injustice.
"What you say is rather profound, and probably erroneous." - Joseph Conrad

Bleed

• Underling
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2014, 06:12:49 AM »
Most fun pvp stalker em/nin before all the changes that ruined pvp such a fun toon to play, a glass cannon with a nice mix or toys, my most powerful....most likely traps bots mm pretty hard to go past a toon that could solo most of the GM's and Heroes and AV's prior to all that post 50 epic garbage

My most powerful was my MM traps bots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs4rgG2NxkI
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 05:44:25 AM by Bleed »

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2014, 02:54:24 PM »
Most fun: Rekless my Energy/Energy blaster - because he is a reckless blaster!

Most powerful: Thwak my Broadsword/Willpower scrapper. In many TF's I would go on full scrapper lock and clear entire areas of the maps. The TF with the millions of Rikti - I would just go along slaughtering huge rooms full of Rikti.

rojahdom

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2014, 04:18:23 AM »
As far as powerful my street justice/ energy aura stalker, soled Ghost in the scrapyard,Death surge, and Rom with him. His DPS was not the best but he had endurence for days and could take hits like a tank.For fun electric/kin controller and claws/ will stalker.
Interestingly I found this from RV run in pvp with my stalker two attacks AS and Crushing Uppercut

Your Doublehit hits for 76.55 points of Energy damage!
Your Assassin's Strike waylays (name withheld) for 242.14 points of Smashing damage!
You land a critical hit with your Assassin's Strike for an extra 747.6 points of smashing damage!

Your Doublehit hits for 98.74 points of Energy damage!
You blast (name withheld) for 69.34 points of bonus negative energy damage!
You hit (name withheld) for 71.74 points of bonus Lethal damage!
Your strike (name withheld) with your Crushing Uppercut for 294.62 points of smashing damage!
You stun (name withheld) with your Crushing Uppercut!
You knocked (name withheld) from their feet!
You land a critical hit with your Crushing Uppercut for an extra 263.05 points of Smashing damage!

Good Times!

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2014, 09:17:43 AM »
Most fun:
tossup between Pengie, my penguin tanker and Tagalong Kristy (the brat with a bat LOL)

Most powerful:
Karmic Ashe, tank. She is amazing and hardly ever lost health/end even in a huge mob.

I can't wait to be able to play them again!!!
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2014, 05:36:56 AM »
Most Fun and most powerful Bots/Traps/Mu I created it when I got a free 2 week COV code. it's what brought me back to COH. It's the first toon I've created that I could solo AVs and GMs with. When GR came out I grinded trials. I had all LVL 4 incarnate slots and I would solo LAMDA sentry guns in reverse order while the league was fighting spawns this tendency caused some confusion amongst my leaguemates because they were so used to going after each sentry gun 1 after the other but when they played with me most were wiped out already lol

However my Time/Sonic/Soul was shaping up to surpass my Bots/traps/mu as most powerful by far if I had a chance to work in the sorcery powerpool; sadly the game ended before I was able to unlock incarnate

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 02:55:07 AM by Chance Jackson »
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2014, 06:05:38 AM »
How ever my Time/Sonic/Soul was shaping up to surpass my Bot's traps as most powerful by far especially with the sorcery powerpool sadly the game ended before I was able to unlock incarnate

I absolutely love it when someone states that their most powerful char was a defender.

I know that it couldn't possibly be true. I mean come on, it's a defender. We all know they are the worst AT in the whole game. Low damage, the buffs/debuffs they do can all be duplicated by a myriad of other ATs and just cuz they aren't the same strength they are still as good as the defenders version.

They look funny too.

Defenders are at best your little cousin who you have to take to the movies on Saturday when you want to go with your friends :)

Sarcasm just makes me happy... Lordy I want to log in and play my Time/Ice or TA/Sonic or NA/DP right now. 
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2014, 08:09:44 AM »
My most fun would have to depend on what kind of mood I was in. That was the beauty of CoH to me. You could play based on your mood.

If I wanted to farm, claws/fire brute or fire/kin troller.

If I wanted to farm solo with teaming if I got bored or a TF came up I wanted to do? Fire/kin troller, bots/trap MM, bots/pain mm.

If I wanted to team or do TF, I like playing support but still be able to take care of my self. So ill/kin troller, plant/cold troller, fire/thermal or fire/sonic troller.

If I wanted to farm and kill GMs when I got bored? bots/traps MM, thugs/traps MM, ect..

I never really got into dominators or defenders, which I regret and plan to do if/when the game comes back. :)

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2014, 01:47:10 PM »
I absolutely love it when someone states that their most powerful char was a defender.

I think the most hands down powerful character in the game was a Radiation Defender, Yeah a corrupter could do more damage but a Radiation Defender by itself with two toggles could gut any Non AV Non GM Mob, and if things went badly..

PBU + Vengence + Fallout was instant win on any fight pre-incarnate.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2014, 06:12:45 PM »
For me, it was Hyperstrike.  Once I got all his defenses sussed out, he was just ridiculous in regular play.  And the cool thing?  The IOs used weren't expensive at all at the time!

KaarsAerinstar

• Underling
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2014, 07:16:26 PM »
First post here... I just came across this thread, got super nostalgic, and couldn't help myself.

My "Most Fun" toon was probably what I would consider my "Most Powerful" as well...

Kaars: Mind/Fire Dominator

Perma Dom, Soft-capped to Smashing, Lethal, and Energy, Tier IV incarnates across the board... it was ridiculous.  Every mob got a wide variety of AoE mez, with sleeps, holds, confuses, and fears.  It had legit single target DPS and a seamless rotation, because Dominate had such a great, quick, animation that flowed so nicely into Blaze.  It was like the powesets were built for one another. 

I had well over 50 level 50's by the time they shut her down, but I always kept going back to my Dom.

Hedgefund

• Underling
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2014, 01:44:24 AM »
Most fun:  My last 50 - a Staff/Ninja Stalker.  I used to hate Stalkers, or rather I should say they were my least favorite AT, but the Stalker changes at the end (including the proc to put you back into Hide) made me do a 180 and my last 2 50s were Stalkers and I loved both of them (StJ/Ice being still a lot of fun, but just a little less)

As many others have said, most powerful needs a little more clarification.  Whether it's farming, AV/GM killing, or team support would cause me to give entirely different answers.  I'll just say it's a shame I never got to play live what would likely have been a character that would have been amazing at all 3 and would have been my answer to the question:  an i24 specced Fire/Time/Power corr.

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2014, 06:09:06 AM »

I know that it couldn't possibly be true. I mean come on, it's a defender. We all know they are the worst AT in the whole game. Low damage, the buffs/debuffs they do can all be duplicated by a myriad of other ATs and just cuz they aren't the same strength they are still as good as the defenders version.

They look funny too.

Defenders are at best your little cousin who you have to take to the movies on Saturday when you want to go with your friends :)

Sarcasm just makes me happy... Lordy I want to log in and play my Time/Ice or TA/Sonic or NA/DP right now.
While you may have loved your defenders Time/Sonic/Soul is a very very different beast. "Time May Change Me" is the only defender I bothered to get past 20 with and i took it all the way to 50 during the last weeks of the game stuck in f2p mode.

-Defender's version of sonic blast has the strongest -res component(at least -15 per blast) making it nearly equal over time to corrupter sonic blast in damage(I've heard that it surpasses the Cor version)

-Between +def, +healing, +recharge and the debuffs Time is a great  set especially in the hands of  adefender that can really exploit it

-Res is arguably the strongest debuff in the game it effects Minions, AVs and GMs the same (there is no resistance to it other than damage resistance itself) Between Time's -30res and all the -res in Sonic and you can  maintain -100 res on a hard target and/or -50 res on a group

-Soul mastery's powerboost drastically improves the AOE +def power of Time(nearly doubling it's base value) stacked with pool powers, being at 50-60 def to all doesn't require that large an investment in IO bonuses and the pet benefits from the buffs and the -res

-Incarnate Aoe and Pets would have been able to take great advantage of all the -res

-the sorcery pool would have provided significant +res to go along with all that +def and the +res could have been nearly perma

TL;DR your almost unkillable between all the +def, healing and +res; not to mention you and your pets do twice the damage you other wise would regardless of damage caps. This is a combo that should surpass bots/traps against AVs and GMs
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 06:23:25 AM by Chance Jackson »
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2014, 09:31:59 AM »
While you may have loved your defenders Time/Sonic/Soul is a very very different beast. "Time May Change Me" is the only defender I bothered to get past 20 with and i took it all the way to 50 during the last weeks of the game stuck in f2p mode.

-Defender's version of sonic blast has the strongest -res component(at least -15 per blast) making it nearly equal over time to corrupter sonic blast in damage(I've heard that it surpasses the Cor version)

-Between +def, +healing, +recharge and the debuffs Time is a great  set especially in the hands of  adefender that can really exploit it

-Res is arguably the strongest debuff in the game it effects Minions, AVs and GMs the same (there is no resistance to it other than damage resistance itself) Between Time's -30res and all the -res in Sonic and you can  maintain -100 res on a hard target and/or -50 res on a group

-Soul mastery's powerboost drastically improves the AOE +def power of Time(nearly doubling it's base value) stacked with pool powers, being at 50-60 def to all doesn't require that large an investment in IO bonuses and the pet benefits from the buffs and the -res

-Incarnate Aoe and Pets would have been able to take great advantage of all the -res

-the sorcery pool would have provided significant +res to go along with all that +def and the +res could have been nearly perma

TL;DR your almost unkillable between all the +def, healing and +res; not to mention you and your pets do twice the damage you other wise would regardless of damage caps. This is a combo that should surpass bots/traps against AVs and GMs

Nice analysis. Personally, I went Time/Ice/Dark for a tanker feel with lots of damage numbers. 

Give another look or two at defenders in general and you will see more possibilities than you might think.

For instance, I can put together a NA defender that puts out a +153.8% dam solo that's above what is slotted.

I can put together a TA/Sonic that leaves little to complain about compared to a controller and puts out huge damage numbers.

The list goes on and on.

Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2014, 04:33:17 PM »
Defenders were a class I could never really get into, my first character was a dark/dark defender, and it was 'good' for team play, but alone It was just garbage, in I1, and after getting it to 40 after a year and a half of just lounging around Atlas, I kinda gave up on it, unfairly, mind you, but it was a bad first impression, though, granted, I was ten/eleven, this was my first MMO, and I wasn't exactly smart at the time..So part of it is my own idiocy (My first 11 months of playing, I had no idea what enhancements were.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:44:16 PM by Waffles »

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2014, 06:27:12 PM »
Defenders were a class I could never really get into, my first character was a dark/dark defender, and it was 'good' for team play, but alone It was just garbage, in I1, and after getting it to 40 after a year and a half of just lounging around Atlas, I kinda gave up on it, unfairly, mind you, but it was a bad first impression, though, granted, I was ten/eleven, this was my first MMO, and I wasn't exactly smart at the time..So part of it is my own idiocy (My first 11 months of playing, I had no idea what enhancements were.)

Honestly, it was pretty a fair evaluation of Dark/Dark in the early days. It started as a broken set that they kept working on until it became a good combo. The heal took like 4-5 seconds to cast, tar patch was just a slow, the pet was stationary... it was just not well thought out.

I think it took the devs quite a while to embrace the offender style that made me really like the AT.

And since I took us down this side bar, I will get us back on track by electing a TA/H2O/Mace defender as an absolute beast of a farmer. Lots of Defense, controls, damage and even a smidge of healing when needed. A big plus is you would have slots to spare with it as several powers can go with a single or a double slotting.

Here's a quick build of one.
http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/download.php?uc=1535&c=709&a=1418&f=HEX&dc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
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2014, 02:19:35 AM »
Most Fun and most powerful Bots/Traps/Mu I created it when I got a free 2 week COV code. it's what brought me back to COH. It's the first toon I've created that I could solo AVs and GMs with. When GR came out I grinded trials. I had all LVL 4 incarnate slots and I would solo LAMDA sentry guns in reverse order while the league was fighting spawns this tendency caused some confusion amongst my leaguemates because they were so used to going after each sentry gun 1 after the other but when they played with me most were wiped out already lol

However my Time/Sonic/Soul was shaping up to surpass my Bots/traps/mu as most powerful by far if I had a chance to work in the sorcery powerpool; sadly the game ended before I was able to unlock incarnate
Adding to my earlier post there are other standouts in terms of fun:

INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 this the actualization of a character based on Ryo of Wildfire/Armor of Inferno that I had wanted to do since issue 2 so you know I voted for DB in that poll for new powersets from awhile back this is also my first brute to 50*the aoe fire dmg overtime created an interesting effect when combined with sword strikes it's hard to describe it was like a death from killing blow lag and it was awesome to see in effect

DOWN RIGHT FIERCE SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3 (Some may get the reference only one person in game did) inspired by Mirai Trunks this toon was a blast to lvl up especially while doing the Croatoa Arc since it gave my toon a Broad Sword and Energy Attack which were both in keeping with the toon's inspiration and highly effective in the hands of my brute due to Brute's Fury, SJ's -def, & -res along with those temps power's bonus dmg against red caps and fir bolg wish I had gotten a chance to try to solo Jack in Chains or Eochai. 2nd brute to reach 50

FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3 inspired by energy palm strike characters like Yorouichi and Naruto(post Rasengan) this is the only stalker i took to 50. I loved the guaranteed critical with hide from both AOEs and the Origin Specific Purple IO proc  made this that much better to play as I also loved slotting my APP hold with Hold procs and a BU proc thx to 32 second recharge time the recharge based procs got heightened rates of going off, the BU proc was at 53% while the hold procs would go off 100% you could hold an EB with 2 such procs(7 mag hold in total for 8 secs ajyway)

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2014, 12:10:59 PM »

I had a dark/dark named Doc Midnite, whom I mothballed for the longest time.   When I heard the game was passing, I finally decided to level him to 50, which I did.   I had plans to make him a Lambda iTrial beast - who could lock down Marauder in one place, but just didn't have the time to fully slot him out.
Oh well.

--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

Ashrael

• Underling
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2014, 02:47:43 AM »
Think my most powerful toon was either my kat/dark scrapper for survivability or my claws/fire brute for sheer damage.  My most fun was re-rolled as different ATs all the time but he was always the toon I would show up to events to.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2014, 02:33:55 PM »
It's a hard question to answer. I suppose, if pressed, I'd have to say Del Mannsfield was the strongest. He was an electric/regen scrapper, and he shredded everything. I never really paid much attention to the enhancements aspects of things, so he probably could have been even better, but I remember him being awesome. It could also have been the combinations of power pools I used. Not sure.

My most fun character, though, was my main. Safehouse was an energy/psi blaster, and he was an incredibly good time. Even though I had to kite a lot, because blapper, it was just a blast (pun not intended) to tear it up with my powers. He may have gone down a lot, but with him that didn't matter. Plus, he had a whole storyline where he was gradually turning to the dark side - actually thought of submitting the full story to a comic company. By level 30, he was a vigilante. By level 40, Scirocco had convinced him to join Recluse's cause. But, by level 50, he found his way back to the light.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2014, 07:50:26 PM »
My most powerful had to be my Broadsword/Shield Scrapper. I'd put a lot of inf into kitting the character out fully, and set my incarnate powers up so that I could basically fight most enemy groups at +4/x8.

I'd had a lot of inf, and had some close runners' up in terms of power. I had a Super-Reflexes/Street-Fighting tanker that was pretty powerful too, and also a lot of fun to play mechanically. That character would be my best choice for all around power & fun.

But my most fun character was, hands down, my Archery/Kinetics Corrupter. Though the character was viable in terms of power; again, I spent a lot of inf getting the right IOs to tweak the build, but still nowhere near the raw solo power of the melee-types. However, once I joined a party my character synergized with almost anyone else immensely and added so much to the group it was just amazing fun. Kinetics was like that, tbh. As a roleplayer, my character was a newshound/photographer and I could throw out a fulcrum shift and then just stop in the middle of fight, get the camera emote out, and ask people to pose for pictures, or start "interviewing" the enemies we were fighting. ^_^

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2014, 02:43:33 PM »
My bots/traps MM never really came up against much he couldn't tackle and a lot of the content I really didn't even have to put much effort into defeating. When I set my mind to it and leveraged his abilities well he was beastly, but I totally understand why some people didn't like the pairing all that much.

I think my most fun characters would have to be a tie between my 3xice blaster and my grav/kin troller. They were both concept builds and they were both pretty successful without lots of min maxing and dumping millions of inf into their IOs. They could have been more potent, but they worked and were fun just the way they were and that's what mattered to me.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2014, 03:13:33 PM »
I think my most fun characters would have to be a tie between my 3xice blaster and my grav/kin troller. They were both concept builds and they were both pretty successful without lots of min maxing and dumping millions of inf into their IOs. They could have been more potent, but they worked and were fun just the way they were and that's what mattered to me.
I had a grav/kin too! They could be awesomely fun, especially throwing cars and refrigerators and stuff at people. And wormhole... I loved that power. It was tricky to use right without angering everyone, but it could be really cool. I used to grab hellions off the street and then camera straight up and wormhole them at the sky. >.>

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2014, 04:37:19 PM »
Someone reminded me the other day of how much fun a sonic/sonic defender was to play.

Not so much solo, but when you were on a team you would be able to make your team tank/blasters. It seemed like any pug you were on would instantly start steamrolling once you did your +res, -res thing.

Added to it was with the defender inherent, you could quite often blast away without a care to your endurance.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?