Author Topic: Your most fun character vs. your most powerful character  (Read 15085 times)

Waffles

• Elite Boss
Re: Your most fun character vs. your most powerful character
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 06:58:06 PM »
My most powerful character was probably either my crabbermind, my plant/fire, or my SS/Fire/soul brute.

Most fun? Warshade.

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 01:14:46 AM »
Overall fun/power, I'd say my main - Shifter (Stone/Fire tank).
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

katycat737

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 06:41:47 AM »
My most effective and powerful character is probably my Earth / Psi dominator pre-nerf psychic Shockwave.
She mowed throw mobs while hardly taking a single hit, and this was also when she was still 46 not even 50. When she finally got to 50, she was unstoppable.
Side note: I realize that Fire/Psy was the go to farming build back then, but I always hate the idea of fire powers.

My most fun is any controller / dominator with Mind Control. When CoV first released (I was like what... 12 and idiotic), I constantly underestimated the Dominator archetype. Later when I couldn't pay for the Subscription fee, my friend told me about Guild Wars and rolled the Mesmer (rip gw1 mesmer). Then when I finally saved up money to play CoV/H again, I rolled a mind control dominator and I was blown away.

I rolled Mind Control because hey, Mesmers were basically Mind Control medieval controllers. Fell in love with not only the archetypes, but the power set too

So far, no other game I have ever played has matched the ability of control given to the GW1 Mesmer and CoH/V Controllers/Dominators. I have fun disrupting and controlling enemies, not seeing big damage numbers on a computer screen (although Mesmers and Dom/Controller can output some high numbers anyway :)  )
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:48:10 AM by katycat737 »

DBadger

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 04:47:29 PM »
Most fun was my Fire/SS tank. Squishy as hell but loved playing him

Most powerful was probably my Crab Spider or Katana/WP scrapper, but both were seriously pimped out.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 06:08:05 PM »
My all time favorite toon was my Earth/Kin/Stone Troller :) While everyone else had their fire/kins... I gladly rocked my earth/kin. If I wanted to farm outside of AE...this is the toon I used quite successfully :)

My most powerful toon... My Fire/Time/Power Corruptor which just so happens to be my namesake. Maxed Defense to ... EVERYTHING (45.7% was my "weakest" (Psi/melee)... with 62% Ranged defense)... plus major damage.... I was so excited for Issue 24 and already had his build all worked out. With Permanent 56.7% +tohit... I was so ready for the new rules for snipes :)

energizingion

• Minion
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 07:03:34 PM »
I was going to say that the most fun and the most powerful character would be the same for me but after reading a post or two, I don't think they are the same (still could be for me I guess).

My main, a Kinetics/Rad. Blast Def., was a blast to play and really got me hooked in CoH.  Kinetics is just so powerful and "keeps me on my toes" on knowing which mob to use Transference and Transfusion on so to keep them with 0 end, while attacking the other mob(s).  Fulcurm Shift...well, we all know how much fun that is. :D

I also had a lot of fun with my Street Justice/Regen Brute.  Really loved the StJ set and was surprised at how well the /regen part of my character kept me alive, once I knew how to play regen that is hehe.

energizingion

• Minion
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 07:16:33 PM »
... I was so excited for Issue 24 and already had his build all worked out. ...I was so ready for the new rules for snipes :)

I was too!  I was playing around on the test server with my main (Kin/Rad blast def) and "couldn't wait" until i24 so that I could respec EI into the rad. blast's snipe power.  Loved the look and sound of that power.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 08:57:39 PM »
Actually my most powerful character was also my most fun character I think.  I loved playing my Energy/Devices blaster.  And I am hoping I will get to play him again

Blackshear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2014, 01:21:21 AM »
Most powerful?  I dunno.  I never played the game to be uber mega super.  I played for fun.

Most fun?  My thugs / traps MM, hands down.  I loved taking on high powered super threats with my little crew of gangsters.  Gang War was made of so much win I don't even know where to start.  Every time I used it up I'd obsessively watch the counter until I could use it again!  Watching my boys whale on some hapless AV with tire irons never got old.

Honorable fun mention to my MA / regen scrapper.  While I had to keep a close eye on his health, powering him up to full with Moment of Glory + Instant Healing + Dull Pain + Focus Chi turned him into a monster.  I had them all bound to the numpad so I could fire them all off in rapid succession.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2014, 06:39:57 AM »
I'm going with a couple of late comer sets for mine.

The most fun (surprisingly so) was my Nature Affinity/Dual/Dark Pistols defender. Although I never finished him, he was still able to go toe to toe with AVs (with mez vitamins) and had lots of aoe potential too.

Most powerful might have been the Dark/Dark/Lev controller. With a super rech build in place, that char had 5 pets (including Water Spout) to go with his contained damage/lockdown and some serious amounts of resist/def/-tohit/regen. Overall a very tough character as long as you didn't go afk. :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:49:21 AM by Ankhammon »
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Freakenstein

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2014, 04:35:09 AM »
I had the most fun playing my Dual Pistols/Dark Blaster or my Dual Blades/Dark Brute. For survivability, Elec/Elec Tank could usually handle almost anything. 'Cept Carnies. I [pancake]ing hate Carnies.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 03:23:22 AM »
Do they censor certain words and change them or is that a [pancake]ing forum thing?
Cause, I like [pancake]s.

Winter Fable

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 04:01:37 AM »
Most  powerful was my Illusion/storm.tornado,water spout phantom army, phantasm,freezing rain,lightning storm,slows,deceive,hurricane with a heal and invisibilty,you could really keep your team going.My earth/storm
was the same but not as powerful(maybe with more control though)still really fun.

Young Tutor

• Minion
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2014, 10:19:16 PM »
My most fun and my most powerful character was my Rad/Dark Defender (offender). Perma-hasten and perma-AM were a given. Her global recharge was so high she could run an attack chain of gloom/dark blast (with procs) or Nightfall/Tentacles depending on whether she wanted to do single target damage or AOEs. She could spam EMPs. Nowhere near softcapped on defense, but enough of it to dodge things if she pulled agro. She was set up to be really effective while exemplared (the purple bonuses didn't hurt much) and she would make AVs *melt* on TFs. I was very much looking forward to the new sets with i24 to make her build even more degenerate.

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2014, 03:22:43 AM »
Most Fun: Illusion/Storm troller

Chaos in a can with the most powerful battle terrain control I ever experienced.  The toon was a secondary character I made after leveling an Ill/Rad

Most Powerful: Toss up between Ill/Rad troller and Dark/Ice defender

Both had fun debuffs and safety built in, but the defender had more single-target holds than most controllers.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 11:18:53 AM »
most powerful - fire/fire tank
most fun earth/kin controller

in some cases the earth/kin was fairly powerful as well, and could hold a spawn completely helpless will the little stoner ran around on speed boost taking out the bad guys.
I solo'd Mot with my fire/fire tank toward the end, just to see if I could. Took a few tries, but managed to take him down.
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2014, 03:18:59 PM »
Most fun:
Plant/Storm Troller

Most powerful:
This one is tough.  Tossup between my MA/Shield scrapper, Inv/SS Tanker,  and Fire/Rad Troller.

--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2014, 06:57:35 PM »
Dark/fire brute for farming fire ae maps.

Fire/kin or fire/fire dom with rotp for stupid fast lawn mowing of at level mobs for recipes/purples

And this is from an electric whore.

Although 80 percent of my time was spent on either an elec/nrg blaster, elec/elec brute, elec/elec dom, elec/nin stalker or elec/time controller
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2014, 09:46:16 PM »
My most fun character was a Mind/Mind Controller named Cassadega Delgado (look to the left if you want to know what she looked like.) She was designed to do one thing...juggle.

Yup, I had a single character designed around an emote. I would stand in Atlas Park (Protector) for hours juggling, telling awful jokes, and reading peoples fortunes. Cass never wanted to be a hero, but kept getting dragged along anyway (my regular partners referred to it as 'kicking and screaming') and somehow in all that, she got to lv 50.

My most powerful character also came from Protector server and was a Kin/Psi Defender named Valentina Rose. Rose was MASSIVELY accident prone, and managed to end up dead in every single mission I played her in (I swear the game AI had a vendetta against her or something). Rose, however used the Kinetics set to serious advantage and could reduce even the toughest AV to the level of an anemic kindergartener.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2014, 10:19:10 PM »
Most Fun: Illusion/Storm troller

Chaos in a can with the most powerful battle terrain control I ever experienced.  The toon was a secondary character I made after leveling an Ill/Rad

Most Powerful: Toss up between Ill/Rad troller and Dark/Ice defender

Both had fun debuffs and safety built in, but the defender had more single-target holds than most controllers.

My wife is weighing in on this one too:

Her most fun and most powerful were tied for first:

Fire/Cold blaster, massive DPS and good crowd control.  Worked well solo or in teams.

Storm/Sonic defender, all-around -RES power and good terrain control.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A