Author Topic: What Stuff Have You Forgotten Was in the Game  (Read 16475 times)

Serpine

• Biting Commentarian
  • Boss
  • Telegram force and ready
What Stuff Have You Forgotten Was in the Game
« on: July 07, 2014, 07:34:14 AM »
The recent discussions have made me start remembering things that existed in CoH that I haven't thought about in so long that I forgot the existed. For example, it totally slipped my mind that it had:

* Combat Minipets.
  * The ability to make your own labeled macro icons (which I used to love doing with emotes in particular) and stick them in a vast swarm of custom position bars.
  * A giant rikti ship to fight it out on (seriously, how do you mentally misplace an entire rikti ship?)

Anything others are starting to remember fondly in a "Oh yeah, we had that" sort of way?
Guns don't kill people, meerkats do.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
Re: What Stuff Have You Forgotten Was in the Game
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 07:40:41 AM »
Just recently I realized I forgot about [Propel]!  Which makes no kinda sense at all, since my main was a Grav Troller.

Aside from that, I don't think I've forgotten all that much really.  Things have gotten a little foggy, like exactly which options were available power sets for each AT, but that happened when I played too since there were so many of 'em!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 09:42:08 AM »
If I forgot it  it will have to wait for someone to mention it so I can have an "Oh yeah!" moment.

I don't have an eidetic memory but I do seem to remember most things.

In my head i can see just about where every badge was, generally. Except for Boomtown. I only badged it like 5 times.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 09:56:43 AM »
Just came to think of when you level up how you get max inspirations buffed on you :)

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 05:23:09 PM »
If I forgot it  it will have to wait for someone to mention it so I can have an "Oh yeah!" moment.
This hear I think I hve a good handle on most of the game to this day (almost two years post announcement :gonk: )
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 07:16:19 PM »
I wonder how many folks remember the gladiator pet battles?

Fridgy Daiere

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 07:18:09 PM »
There were gladiator pet battles?   :o

See?  This is why we need the game back; I'm a 6 year vet and haven't played everything yet!

Serpine

• Biting Commentarian
  • Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 07:35:32 PM »
I wonder how many folks remember the gladiator pet battles?
How about that there was the ability to use a prompt command to use gladiator pet names you had as your title (you couldn't just click on the gladiator in your UI, you had to know the exact index number)? There were some great options available that way. :)

DragonCommando

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 08:35:31 PM »
Even though I have ran Lambda Sector Itrial a gazillion times I forgot the facilities maps. Thanks to ParagonWiki I have seen the maps (http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Visual_Guide:_Lambda_Sector_Trial) and it all came back... :)

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 09:36:50 PM »
I hate to say this but Respecs!  I had so many (and so many tailor tokens) that I never gave doing a Respec a thought.  Now, though, when I'll be playing new powers...eeeeeekkk.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 09:45:25 PM »
I hate to say this but Respecs!  I had so many (and so many tailor tokens) that I never gave doing a Respec a thought.  Now, though, when I'll be playing new powers...eeeeeekkk.
Same here... I had like 8 respecs earned just from vet rewards . I'd make a C and it would just be one more of those "you've recieved" blurbs to get off the screen  at the start of the tut.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 10:18:25 PM »
There were gladiator pet battles?   :o

Yep.

How about that there was the ability to use a prompt command to use gladiator pet names you had as your title (you couldn't just click on the gladiator in your UI, you had to know the exact index number)? There were some great options available that way. :)

Yep.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 11:33:17 PM »
Remember the group mission transporters we got at the end? They came to mind the other day when I was doing a mission in Champions Online in Lemuria...  ;D

Serpine

• Biting Commentarian
  • Boss
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 03:48:11 AM »
Remember the group mission transporters we got at the end? They came to mind the other day when I was doing a mission in Champions Online in Lemuria...  ;D
I don't think I'm ever teamed in CO and not deeply wishing for things like that and good old Recall Friend. The CO options are just to crazy expensive, and expendable.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 04:03:13 AM »
i dont think ive forgotten much.. its ingrained..

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 04:22:50 AM »
I just had the biggest brain fart ever. I was trying to remember the name for leveling pacts.

I went to Paragon Wiki and typed in "duo" - well, pancake, no, that doesn't work. We didn't make a landing page for that.

Ummm. Multiple.... no, that's multiple builds.

Ummmm. Well, let's go looking in Issue pages. I have no idea when it was introduced! OMG. HOW DO I NOT KNOW WHAT THIS IS CALLED? Issue 18. Issue 16. Issue 15. NOTHING.

Ummmm ummmm. Well, it interacted with Sidekicking, so maybe we linked to it in there. NOPE.

Turn to my husband, doing some "base building" (housing plot work) in Wildstar: "Do you remember what it was called in City of Heroes when  a duo shared XP?" Him: "...shared...XP?..." Me: "Yeah, you ask to be buddies and split the XP between you so you stayed in sync!" Him: "...ooohhhh! Ummmm...." Me: "WHY AM I BRAIN FARTING THIS WORD???"

Looked down at the bottom of Sidekicking, because I remembered we have helpful breadcrumb navigation boxes. Me: "OMG!!! LEVELING PACTS!!!" Him: "OH MAN HOW COULD YOU FORGET THAT, MS WIKI?" Me:  :-[ :-[ :-[
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 04:49:08 AM »
I just had the biggest brain fart ever. I was trying to remember the name for leveling pacts.

I went to Paragon Wiki and typed in "duo" - well, pancake, no, that doesn't work. We didn't make a landing page for that.

Ummm. Multiple.... no, that's multiple builds.

Ummmm. Well, let's go looking in Issue pages. I have no idea when it was introduced! OMG. HOW DO I NOT KNOW WHAT THIS IS CALLED? Issue 18. Issue 16. Issue 15. NOTHING.

Ummmm ummmm. Well, it interacted with Sidekicking, so maybe we linked to it in there. NOPE.

Turn to my husband, doing some "base building" (housing plot work) in Wildstar: "Do you remember what it was called in City of Heroes when  a duo shared XP?" Him: "...shared...XP?..." Me: "Yeah, you ask to be buddies and split the XP between you so you stayed in sync!" Him: "...ooohhhh! Ummmm...." Me: "WHY AM I BRAIN FARTING THIS WORD???"

Looked down at the bottom of Sidekicking, because I remembered we have helpful breadcrumb navigation boxes. Me: "OMG!!! LEVELING PACTS!!!" Him: "OH MAN HOW COULD YOU FORGET THAT, MS WIKI?" Me:  :-[ :-[ :-[

OK, sorry ma'am, but that's funny as hell!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 05:16:24 AM »
WELL I MADE A LANDING PAGE FOR DUO NOW I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.  >:( I ALSO MADE LANDING PAGES FOR SHARED XP AND SHARED EXPERIENCE. THIS WILL HELP SOMEONE IN THE FUTURE, I AM SURE.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 05:46:38 AM »
No, prolly just you...  :P

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 06:09:27 AM »
I think about the only thing I forgot about was the update to Dark Astoria... Never got around to looking at it before the servers shut down (forgot about it in the months leading up to the sunset...), so taking a stroll through there with Icon made me a little sad that I never got to see it properly... Especially sad because Dark Astoria was my favorite zone in the game and I had wanted to see it get some love (like Faultline had) for years... :(