Author Topic: What Stuff Have You Forgotten Was in the Game  (Read 16458 times)

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
Re: What Stuff Have You Forgotten Was in the Game
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2014, 10:07:42 PM »
I played the first Shard TF and fell asleep at the keyboard after about 8 hours...  :-[

EIGHT hours?!?! Are you kidding me?!
I HAVE to try it IMMEDIATELY when/if CoH comes back. Anyone want to form a group in advance for this? :P

Tinybolt

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2014, 03:58:50 AM »
I HAVE to try it IMMEDIATELY when/if CoH comes back. Anyone want to form a group in advance for this? :P

Me! It's something I never did while in game but always wanted to...I never had the right characters for it when I had friends that ran it (super jump before temp powers=pain in the you know what).

And there's way to speed them but they're all endurance fests, even with the speed run.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2014, 04:01:52 AM »
I'll be happy to join you folks!  Its long and grueling, but I think I did all of them but 1.

*goes to check badges*

Edit: Nope, I actually did all 4 of 'em on my badger.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2014, 04:02:31 AM »
I never took eight hours to do any of them. I think my max time was five and a half for Dr Q.

Granted, later on, with mission port (and later, team mission port), time was cut WAY down.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2014, 04:05:46 AM »
I think my run of Doc Q was over 8 hours... but we did take an hour break for lunch IIRC.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2014, 04:23:28 AM »
I would gladly do it. I know it's long but I always wanted to. I'll even server transfer if I have to. I had to do Hami so why not?
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2014, 04:46:20 AM »
I'm sure I would need to practice using menu a little,  however, I haven't forgotten my fav places in Paragon.

Von Krieger

• Evil Emperor of German Chocolate
  • Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2014, 01:46:57 PM »
Was just reminded about how you could hit your battle cry button during the cutscenes. I never used my battle cry otherwise, but I now recall that I often had people cracking up by using my battle cry at the most appropriate (or inappropriate) places in the scenes.

Said battle cry was "...in my pants."

I think my shining moment of glory was on the BAF incarnate trial. I think damned near every line spoken was made hilarious by a perfectly timed "...in my pants."

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2014, 01:56:42 PM »
I never took eight hours to do any of them. I think my max time was five and a half for Dr Q.

Granted, later on, with mission port (and later, team mission port), time was cut WAY down.

Try doing it with a team of 40s on SOs (with the difficulty bumped up to +1 at the start and +2 when we levelled)  :)

We had a set team in the old days that could steamroller anything less than +5 easily, so we did a 13.5 hour Dr Q over 4 weeks one evening a week.

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2014, 06:35:27 PM »

Aye... There were a lot of team wipes. It was not a "clean" run.

Edit: It was all the [censored] Paragon Protectors that ate our lunch IIRC
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2014, 07:03:42 PM »
Here's where I admit to being something of a masochist...

Since my "bird-thing" characters were supposed to be Rularuu themselves (Non-canon, obviously. Their collective back-story was that they were Faathim's creatures-) I took a certain amount of pride in running those tedious, ye-gods-long Shard TFs on as many of them as I could. At the very least, I liked them each to have the Protector of Kindness badge from Justin Augustine's.

Nasty old Circle magi going after THEIR boss? They took that personally.  ;D
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2014, 07:15:48 PM »
I had made it a point to do all the Shard TFs at least once(for the badges...), but I think that the worst I ever had with Doc Q was about 7ish hours split between 2 nights of play. Yes it was a long TF, but once you got use to working with your teammates and knowing what they were capable of, you got into a good rhythm, really got to have fun with the folks, and the missions just flew by. For me anyways...

Then again I think I was on my scrapper, so Scrapper Lock probably took over and kept me from noticing anything else other than just mauling the crap out of things...... :P

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2014, 07:28:06 PM »
I like to maul things. I like to blast things. Sounds doable to me!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow

Serpine

• Biting Commentarian
  • Boss
  • Telegram force and ready
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2014, 07:42:41 PM »
Now to go a bit negative: Today thanks to a post somebody else made I was reminded of the random purchasable virtual card thing where you had like a 1 in 500 chance of getting a pet black dog. My mind had totally managed to blank out any recollection that CoX had such a thing, which allowed me to feel more annoyance at similar schemes in other games. Definitely something I hope doesn't transition if the game ever relaunches.
Guns don't kill people, meerkats do.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2014, 07:57:57 PM »
Yeah... I argued against those things pretty strongly on the beta forums... I was the one who opened something like 600 packs when they were testing it before I found the wolf. I still think it's just a bad, bad, bad idea to put ANYTHING exclusive into a rando-gen like that, especially if you're going to monkey with the odds to make those exclusives rarer than hen's teeth.
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

DBadger

• Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2014, 09:41:40 PM »
Was just reminded about how you could hit your battle cry button during the cutscenes. I never used my battle cry otherwise, but I now recall that I often had people cracking up by using my battle cry at the most appropriate (or inappropriate) places in the scenes.

Said battle cry was "...in my pants."

I think my shining moment of glory was on the BAF incarnate trial. I think damned near every line spoken was made hilarious by a perfectly timed "...in my pants."

Reminded me of when we ran levelling groups and in Faultline is was always a race to get to the boss spawn points before the cut scene to hit emots/battlecries etc

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2014, 11:04:08 PM »
Aye... There were a lot of team wipes. It was not a "clean" run.

Edit: It was all the [censored] Paragon Protectors that ate our lunch IIRC

Ah...Paragon Protectors. I kept being told that they were a pain to fight, but I never had any problems with them with my main character. What made them so bad?

Serpine

• Biting Commentarian
  • Boss
  • Telegram force and ready
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2014, 12:03:12 AM »
I battlecry "Squeek!" during that... Not nearly as funny.
Guns don't kill people, meerkats do.

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2014, 02:08:18 AM »
Ah...Paragon Protectors. I kept being told that they were a pain to fight, but I never had any problems with them with my main character. What made them so bad?

"Moment of Glory" or MOG... essentially sixty seconds of becoming an unkillable blender of death.

*shudders*
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2014, 04:15:57 AM »
"Moment of Glory" or MOG... essentially sixty seconds of becoming an unkillable blender of death.

*shudders*

yeah, you just stay away from them when that happens. Lucky none of them had a Mez so you could usually get away. Since I soloed with blasters so much, I'd try and pull them away and then if they went MoG pop a purple and let it wear out then smack the crap out of them. rinse. repeat.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow