Author Topic: What Stuff Have You Forgotten Was in the Game  (Read 16495 times)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
Re: What Stuff Have You Forgotten Was in the Game
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2014, 10:53:25 PM »
I never understood, why make the trainers into costume stores, I can understand things like small insp.

I think they were hoping Freedom would bring in a lot of F2Pers. The more convenient you make it for new players to do the cool things, the more likely they are to stick around and become paying customers. And one of the coolest things to do in City was the costume creator. Already taking a break from the action to train up? You can edit your costume right here! That convenience was most likely designed to help sell costume pieces from the market.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2014, 10:58:23 PM »
The costume window was also where we were slapped with all these "buy it now!" signs: more costume slots? Buy them now! More costume pieces? Buy them now! Etc. etc. lol
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2014, 11:19:38 PM »
Ha! Yeah I could have lived with a way to turn all that crap off, for sure. I can see wanting to make it easily visible for the new kids, but still.... menu option, please!

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2014, 05:05:39 AM »
I think about the only thing I forgot about was the update to Dark Astoria... Never got around to looking at it before the servers shut down (forgot about it in the months leading up to the sunset...), so taking a stroll through there with Icon made me a little sad that I never got to see it properly... Especially sad because Dark Astoria was my favorite zone in the game and I had wanted to see it get some love (like Faultline had) for years... :(
What is the name of the new map?   The one I see listed at CoH Codex looks like the old one.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2014, 05:16:13 AM »
Was just reminded about how you could hit your battle cry button during the cutscenes. I never used my battle cry otherwise, but I now recall that I often had people cracking up by using my battle cry at the most appropriate (or inappropriate) places in the scenes.

Said battle cry was "...in my pants."

I think my shining moment of glory was on the BAF incarnate trial. I think damned near every line spoken was made hilarious by a perfectly timed "...in my pants."
Hee hee...I like it.

I made up several phrases for cutscenes and assigned them to keys....I guess that's what I can't remember.   :-[    I just remember making them as absurd as possible to get laughs.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2014, 06:02:35 AM »
ok...finally remembered something I forgot.  (this is hard!)

My first character first got a taste of being held by the Tsso ink men.   (Blaster...so yeah..that sucked)   I never forgave them and always stopped to get revenge whenever I saw them from that point onward.    So those poor guys always had to be on guard for a random lvl 50 character dropping out of the sky to pound them into the pavement.   ;D   I like to think they grew to hate me over time and they may have even spoken my name in whispers.

artbunker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2014, 05:04:17 PM »
I recently loaded the game up on ICON. I forgot that ASDW arent the main moving controls its QWES. I know you can of course alter the buttons and all, but still that was a interesting few minutes readjusting to those controls

gypsyav

• Boss
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2014, 05:09:29 PM »
Ha! Yeah I could have lived with a way to turn all that crap off, for sure. I can see wanting to make it easily visible for the new kids, but still.... menu option, please!

I think I remember there was an option to only show the pieces you had access to. Don't remember where it was though.
Imagination is the seed of intelligence. Nourish it and watch it grow.

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2014, 09:14:44 PM »
What is the name of the new map?   The one I see listed at CoH Codex looks like the old one.

List of Zone Maps

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2014, 01:02:33 AM »
List of Zone Maps
Thanks!   I actually looked on P-Wiki and couldn't find that list.

Bookmarked!

DBadger

• Lieutenant
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2014, 01:50:14 PM »
Was just reading something which reminded me that basically any group of players could form a working team to do pretty much any content (unlike every other MMO out there regardless of whether you need a trinity you need certain builds)

8 of the same AT, no problem. No tank, no problem we have trollers/MMs/defenders. No healers, who cares?

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2014, 02:38:36 PM »
Old DA is still available to stroll through too. I liked going between the two to see the differences.

Much as I like the new DA, I wish they'd found a way to keep the fog effect in some degree or other. I really loved the spookiness of stumbling through that stuff, especially when you'd see silhouettes of figures walking in it, only to have them turn out to be ghosts.

I forgot that the Shadow Shard had 4 different Task Forces that I unfortunately never tried. I heard that they took a long, long time to complete, which may be why no one I knew in-game ever wanted to do them whenever I asked. :(

I only ever did one, possibly two, myself (though I'm pretty sure it was one). I heard, but obviously cannot verify myself, that the later additions to the game- notably some of the Paragon Market items and travel devices like jetpacks, etc.- made it less of a slog and quicker to finish them.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2014, 04:14:21 PM »
Was just reading something which reminded me that basically any group of players could form a working team to do pretty much any content (unlike every other MMO out there regardless of whether you need a trinity you need certain builds)

8 of the same AT, no problem. No tank, no problem we have trollers/MMs/defenders. No healers, who cares?
I think the only time I ever ra into problems in the game was when I ended up on a TF team which was 95% blasters... It was a slog fest of attack and run away that time, but otherwise, yeah, just about every makeup could run any event, tf, or raid in the game, nothing specifically was required for any one thing.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2014, 04:54:32 PM »
when I took a small break I forgot that City of Heroes actually had a story-line instead of power leveling. Is that disappointing?

DocHornet

• Lieutenant
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2014, 05:27:26 PM »
I not so much forgot but just realized Perez Park was a reference to George Perez, along with neighborhoods named after Neil Gaiman, and Bill Everett. I just finished reading the city of heroes novels and realized that the covers of the novels were done by none other than George Perez.

Also, the "Around the Bendis" exploration badge in PP is a Brian Michael Bendis reference.

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2014, 06:59:02 PM »
Until I gave my opinion to the "most underrated power set" post, I had forgotten about how fun it was to toss around mobs using Levitate from Mind Control, or to have a parade of mobs bouncing away from you because of Telekinesis.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2014, 02:30:00 AM »
Here's something that I had forgotten about, combining enhancements.
I usually used IO's which don't combine.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2014, 08:24:02 PM »
Here's something that I had forgotten about, combining enhancements.
I usually used IO's which don't combine.
yeah, combining enhancements could come in really handy if you ran a lot of TFs or Trials and ended up with stacks of crap that were of little use to you.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Von Krieger

• Evil Emperor of German Chocolate
  • Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2014, 02:29:38 PM »
I'm reading through the coffee talk summaries that I have on my hard drive, and I'm stumbling over things that I'd forgotten about.

Like epic power pool access being moved up to level 35.

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2014, 11:15:08 PM »
I also forgot that there were Doppelganger missions. I immediately played them when they came out but then I got into AE missions and I legitimately forgot about those missions