Author Topic: What Stuff Have You Forgotten Was in the Game  (Read 16493 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: What Stuff Have You Forgotten Was in the Game
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 06:11:53 AM »
Old DA is still available to stroll through too. I liked going between the two to see the differences.

/loadmap maps/City_Zones/Hazard_03_01/Hazard_03_01.txt
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Fridgy Daiere

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 12:53:49 PM »
I think about the only thing I forgot about was the update to Dark Astoria... Never got around to looking at it before the servers shut down (forgot about it in the months leading up to the sunset...), so taking a stroll through there with Icon made me a little sad that I never got to see it properly... Especially sad because Dark Astoria was my favorite zone in the game and I had wanted to see it get some love (like Faultline had) for years... :(

If/when we are able to play again, definitely run the story arcs there.  They're some of my favorites!

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 01:13:33 PM »
In my head i can see just about where every badge was, generally. Except for Boomtown. I only badged it like 5 times.

Some exploration badges are a bit foggy in my mind.  Quite a few stand out, but I will be looking up locations of the rest!!  It's torture to fly over them in ICON and not hear the collection sound  :gonk:

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 01:36:24 PM »
The Cavern of Transcendence Trial.
In fairness, I guess I can't claim to have forgotten about it, since I never had a chance to actually do it. I understand it was a pain in the ***
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 02:07:30 PM »
How, when, do you load the maps?  From icon, or just open up the program runner (yes I knowz all aboutz com-put-oors).  If you don't want to give a detailed description, please point me to a link if that is easier.  I keep all my COH files on an external drive since I lost Sentinel.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 02:59:56 PM »
How, when, do you load the maps?  From icon, or just open up the program runner (yes I knowz all aboutz com-put-oors).  If you don't want to give a detailed description, please point me to a link if that is easier.  I keep all my COH files on an external drive since I lost Sentinel.

/loadmap while in Icon....check this: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Titan_Icon.  Have fun!!

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 04:19:42 PM »
I think about the only thing I forgot about was the update to Dark Astoria... Never got around to looking at it before the servers shut down (forgot about it in the months leading up to the sunset...), so taking a stroll through there with Icon made me a little sad that I never got to see it properly... Especially sad because Dark Astoria was my favorite zone in the game and I had wanted to see it get some love (like Faultline had) for years... :(

Small consolation, but at least you can read through the mission arcs on the wiki. Check out the Dark Astoria contacts on this list.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 05:22:32 PM »
Some exploration badges are a bit foggy in my mind.  Quite a few stand out, but I will be looking up locations of the rest!!  It's torture to fly over them in ICON and not hear the collection sound  :gonk:

Yeah. I created a guy in icon and badged a few zones, but with not life in it it is not the same. I did it when I hit 15 for all zones so It had an element of risk. I almost always died once in Eden because there is a whole troop of DE standing almost on top of one badge. Also, the canopy makes it hard to find the right clearing at times.

I hope this happens. I'm so high on hope now that a fall from these heights may kill me!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 06:11:33 PM »
Yeah. I created a guy in icon and badged a few zones, but with not life in it it is not the same. I did it when I hit 15 for all zones so It had an element of risk. I almost always died once in Eden because there is a whole troop of DE standing almost on top of one badge. Also, the canopy makes it hard to find the right clearing at times.

I hope this happens. I'm so high on hope now that a fall from these heights may kill me!

I did the same on redside (minus the PvP until lvl permitted) and then eventually went rogue at expansion and so forth to get the rest.  I was a stalker so that helped early on  8)  I'm high on hope as well  ;D

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2014, 06:22:45 PM »
yeah, I never got round to trying the revamped dark astoria either :'(
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Ultraamann

• Minion
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 08:30:36 PM »
The Striga Isle nut punch.  Still one of my very favorite things.  I know I have a clip of it around somewhere.  I'll have to find it.

Ezuka

• Minion
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 01:16:10 AM »
I had forgotten about how much I enjoyed collecting badges, even though I never had an impressive collection. Sure, pretty much every game on steam has achievements, but for some reason badges were actually satisfying to acquire. I guess it's because badges were feats that showed what my toons had been through, and I had thousands of badges to work towards over the course of years. Achievements, though, feel confined to a single game as one experience. Each badge was an experience to me.

PsychicKitty

• Underling
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 08:22:10 AM »
The recent discussions have made me start remembering things that existed in CoH that I haven't thought about in so long that I forgot the existed. For example, it totally slipped my mind that it had:

* Combat Minipets.
  * The ability to make your own labeled macro icons (which I used to love doing with emotes in particular) and stick them in a vast swarm of custom position bars.
  * A giant rikti ship to fight it out on (seriously, how do you mentally misplace an entire rikti ship?)

Anything others are starting to remember fondly in a "Oh yeah, we had that" sort of way?

you combat mini pets where not actual combat pets....they took one hit and died.....granted they would give a minor buff if they survived....like 1% to damage or to hit.

City of heroes had a lot of things....a giant floating thing the seed of hammidon in an area with litteral shadow paths...that you could click and then teleport to the other dimension of that world.

They had leagues you could make made of multiple teams and powers that didn't just work on your team but the entire league.

you had cross server chatting....you had badges that when you had the right ones made accolades that would give you special powers or a bonus...like +5% health or +5% energy.

I could list tons of things city of heroes had that many games do not.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 09:01:17 AM »
I could list tons of things city of heroes had that many games do not.
Yep, as could I... but that isn't really the focus of this thread...

I was thinking about new characters I might want to make, and I realized that I totally and completely forgot most of the power sets that were being added in i24 (or at least before i25, that is) that are up on the Wiki.  Wind Control?! I was, excuse the pun, blown away!  Now I really want to re-make my desert nomad as a Wind/Dark/Stone Controller and have his powers look like sand.

Man, it's stuff like that that really makes me want the game back.

Blue Cloak

• Minion
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 07:58:55 PM »
It might be because it was only really available at the end, but i had forgotten about the Low level sewer trial in the LFG tab. I remembered the original sewer runs just fine though.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2014, 09:22:25 PM »
I had to look at an old video the other day to remind myself what I'd named my mastermind's ninja... and I can't even begin to recall the names of everyone's powers, or the enhancement sets I used for some of them.

I've never forgotten an entire zone, though, or that there's a big alien Mothership out there in desperate need of a good raiding.  8)
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 09:36:46 PM »
I forgot that the Shadow Shard had 4 different Task Forces that I unfortunately never tried. I heard that they took a long, long time to complete, which may be why no one I knew in-game ever wanted to do them whenever I asked. :(

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2014, 09:46:03 PM »
I forgot that the Shadow Shard had 4 different Task Forces that I unfortunately never tried. I heard that they took a long, long time to complete, which may be why no one I knew in-game ever wanted to do them whenever I asked. :(
I played the first Shard TF and fell asleep at the keyboard after about 8 hours...  :-[
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 09:58:45 PM »
I've never forgotten an entire zone, though, or that there's a big alien Mothership out there in desperate need of a good raiding.  8)
I'll second that raid!!!  That's one of the many things you'll never forget, but truly miss  :gonk:
As far as forgetting some more things....I've totally forgotten where most of the Headjuiced plaques are in Praetoria. 

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2014, 10:06:37 PM »
I'll second that raid!!!  That's one of the many things you'll never forget, but truly miss  :gonk:
As far as forgetting some more things....I've totally forgotten where most of the Headjuiced plaques are in Praetoria.

yeah, A few of those would be tough. Only badged those like 3 or 4 times. I'd need to be refreshed. I do remember the two in the long tunnel that lead to the correctional facility. One was easy to miss because it was so close the other that you could overlook it sometimes.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!