Author Topic: What Stuff Have You Forgotten Was in the Game  (Read 16620 times)

gypsyav

• Boss
Re: What Stuff Have You Forgotten Was in the Game
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2014, 05:07:31 AM »
I just had the biggest brain fart ever. I was trying to remember the name for leveling pacts.

I went to Paragon Wiki and typed in "duo" - well, pancake, no, that doesn't work. We didn't make a landing page for that.

Ummm. Multiple.... no, that's multiple builds.

Ummmm. Well, let's go looking in Issue pages. I have no idea when it was introduced! OMG. HOW DO I NOT KNOW WHAT THIS IS CALLED? Issue 18. Issue 16. Issue 15. NOTHING.

Ummmm ummmm. Well, it interacted with Sidekicking, so maybe we linked to it in there. NOPE.

Turn to my husband, doing some "base building" (housing plot work) in Wildstar: "Do you remember what it was called in City of Heroes when  a duo shared XP?" Him: "...shared...XP?..." Me: "Yeah, you ask to be buddies and split the XP between you so you stayed in sync!" Him: "...ooohhhh! Ummmm...." Me: "WHY AM I BRAIN FARTING THIS WORD???"

Looked down at the bottom of Sidekicking, because I remembered we have helpful breadcrumb navigation boxes. Me: "OMG!!! LEVELING PACTS!!!" Him: "OH MAN HOW COULD YOU FORGET THAT, MS WIKI?" Me:  :-[ :-[ :-[

Trying to be polite and not laugh too much. **near bursting** Oh what the heck,  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

P.S. If anyone had asked me before I read this I probably wouldn't have remembered either.
Imagination is the seed of intelligence. Nourish it and watch it grow.

gypsyav

• Boss
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2014, 05:09:02 AM »
If/when we are able to play again, definitely run the story arcs there.  They're some of my favorites!

Agreed. Though I don't think I got to do all of them before the shutdown.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2014, 06:32:46 AM »
Going to sound like a smart ass response.  But I can't remember what I forgot........Oh!  How each enemy has an option to read their info!  I LOVE this.  It really made me get into the lore and feel like it was a personal fight!

Serpine

• Biting Commentarian
  • Boss
  • Telegram force and ready
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2014, 07:08:38 AM »
How each enemy has an option to read their info!
That's a good one. Sometimes the info was a bit cut & pasted across a group, but some of it was brilliant (and a bit disturbing).
Guns don't kill people, meerkats do.

Remidi

• Minion
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2014, 08:30:34 AM »
Yesterday I was watching a video that panned through a bunch of zones, and I suddenly realized I couldn't remember some of their names.  I had to go look them up.  I'm so ashamed.  How could I forget the name of Kings Row???

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2014, 09:42:20 AM »
Ah...Paragon Protectors. I kept being told that they were a pain to fight, but I never had any problems with them with my main character. What made them so bad?

They had the old broken version of MoG not the nerfed one the players had so capped def/res for a minute. If you had an aura taunting tank without an autohit taunt power, they would be unable to hit the PP to maintain aggro and squishies would die. If you had a lot of debuffs, you could get round this.

gypsyav

• Boss
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2014, 10:56:39 AM »
They had the old broken version of MoG not the nerfed one the players had so capped def/res for a minute. If you had an aura taunting tank without an autohit taunt power, they would be unable to hit the PP to maintain aggro and squishies would die. If you had a lot of debuffs, you could get round this.

This was one place my Electric/Electric blaster shined. Drain their END fast enough and they couldn't MoG on you.

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2014, 01:07:25 PM »
yeah, you just stay away from them when that happens. Lucky none of them had a Mez so you could usually get away. Since I soloed with blasters so much, I'd try and pull them away and then if they went MoG pop a purple and let it wear out then smack the crap out of them. rinse. repeat.

Relitner wasn't a ...smart blaster...  ;D

Shoulda been an energy scrapper, really...
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

solarblaze

• Underling
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2014, 06:18:15 PM »
This thread just makes me want to find the post from the CoH forums that listed A LOT of stuffs that CoH had that made it stand apart from other games. So much was pointed out on that list. Anyone have a link to that list or can list the entire list again?

Can't think of anything I have forgotten. But on the flip-side, I'm still trying to forget the sound of death.
Right after tankers lost most of their taunting (and before it was given back as an archtype passive)....
Being a fire/fire blaster (or blapper), even standing next to tanks (while aoe'ing) and still... "SHINK"  oh no !!!  Rikti swordsman cuts me down, full hit points down to zero in one swing. Time and time again. I earned every bit of those Debt Badges.

But would be nice to see that long list and then people can see what they have forgotten.

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2014, 06:32:43 PM »
"Moment of Glory" or MOG... essentially sixty seconds of becoming an unkillable blender of death.

*shudders*

Huh..I never knew that MoG was a bad thing. I always found it just as an annoyance, but that is probably because I never spent too much time with my alts. If I did, I may have known this. Well, if/when the game comes back, I know another thing to watch out for with all the alts I've been planning since the shutdown! :D

Blondeshell

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2014, 09:08:23 PM »
This thread just makes me want to find the post from the CoH forums that listed A LOT of stuffs that CoH had that made it stand apart from other games. So much was pointed out on that list. Anyone have a link to that list or can list the entire list again?
[...]
But would be nice to see that long list and then people can see what they have forgotten.

Check my sig.

Mageman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2014, 09:31:13 PM »
Trying to forget the sound of the "Targeting Drone" from my Fire/Devices blaster (pre-ED when you could 6-slot it with +ToHit). Took a while and a lot of trolling the forums trying to figure a way to shut it off!
My Reality:
#1 I love my wife!
#2 I miss CoX!
#3 Refer to rule #1!
#4 I seem to have an itch!

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2014, 01:35:21 AM »
Something that is not so much forgotten, as badly fading in my memory... the old pre-freedom tutoria and running around in the basement of city hall to meet with the contact who was specific to your origin for early missions.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2014, 03:47:02 AM »
How, when, do you load the maps?  From icon, or just open up the program runner (yes I knowz all aboutz com-put-oors).  If you don't want to give a detailed description, please point me to a link if that is easier.  I keep all my COH files on an external drive since I lost Sentinel.

In the Icon article that was replied to you, you'll find some info on the Pop Menus specifically. Better info is stickied at the top of the Icon forum section. That's a nice way to change maps.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2014, 09:40:19 AM »
I not so much forgot but just realized Perez Park was a reference to George Perez, along with neighborhoods named after Neil Gaiman, and Bill Everett. I just finished reading the city of heroes novels and realized that the covers of the novels were done by none other than George Perez.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2014, 07:03:14 PM »
I not so much forgot but just realized Perez Park was a reference to George Perez, along with neighborhoods named after Neil Gaiman, and Bill Everett. I just finished reading the city of heroes novels and realized that the covers of the novels were done by none other than George Perez.

Dark Astoria has references to horror icons, too: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Ingame_References
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2014, 09:57:55 PM »
I didn't know there was a Icon In Atlas, until I watched a few let's plays  ???
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2014, 10:06:42 PM »
I didn't know there was a Icon In Atlas, until I watched a few let's plays  ???

They added it the same time they turned all trainers into tailors. Which means they wasted a decent amount of map making time fitting the Icon building into Atlas Park, only to directly supplant that with turning all trainers into tailors.

They added a Facemaker to Mercy Island at the same time. Again, wastefully.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2014, 10:32:44 PM »
They added it the same time they turned all trainers into tailors. Which means they wasted a decent amount of map making time fitting the Icon building into Atlas Park, only to directly supplant that with turning all trainers into tailors.

I remember one of the devs saying the Atlas revamp was the work of one person (maybe two; been a while now :P ) over the course of about a year. The Icon was finished well before they decided to make the trainer-tailor change. Still lost time, but at least it was "honestly lost" and not just poor planning like some folks thought.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2014, 10:37:33 PM »
I remember one of the devs saying the Atlas revamp was the work of one person (maybe two; been a while now :P ) over the course of about a year. The Icon was finished well before they decided to make the trainer-tailor change. Still lost time, but at least it was "honestly lost" and not just poor planning like some folks thought.
I never understood, why make the trainers into costume stores, I can understand things like small insp.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.