Author Topic: Which hero would you recreate first -  (Read 11330 times)

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
Re: Which hero would you recreate first -
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 01:54:04 PM »
A Dark/Dark Scrapper probably. :)

Fridgy Daiere

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2014, 03:16:14 PM »
A Dark/Dark Scrapper probably. :)

That was the first toon I ever created without Hubby's input, and she was a LOT of fun!

The one I'd probably re-roll first was originally a throw-away toon created to run with the Iron Eagles--a when you die, you're out, so don't get attached unless you're REALLY careful kind of SG.  Her name was Calli Shri, an Illusion/Radiation controller based on her backstory that she was the creator of a line of mineral makeup that went horribly wrong...or terribly right as the case may be.  (I had purchased make-up that day, so it was on the brain, OK?  :-P)

She turned out to be so much fun to play both in teams and solo that she quickly became one of my mains.

Harlequin565

• Lieutenant
    • Shuttercount - A Photography site...
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2014, 03:54:56 PM »
My first toon back in 2004 was an En/En blaster. She'd get a remake in a heartbeat because it was my first and my 2nd most enjoyable toon to play. After that it would be my Fire/Storm controller that would be remade (for me the most "fun" AT combo in the game). After going through all that it would be my Storm/Energy Defender.

My main used to be an Emp/Psi defender. I wouldn't torture myself with that combo ever again. Ever.

-H

MaxEternal

• Minion
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2014, 08:10:49 PM »
My Plan/Fire Dom, then a Rad/Rad Defender or Corrupter (still deciding) as my go to TF PUG toon.

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 08:25:47 PM »
Energy/Energy Blaster  8)
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2014, 02:15:15 PM »
All of Them.. day one..

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2014, 04:31:58 PM »
That's a hard one. I had a lot of characters that I'd want to play again...but I'd probably go with my main.

She wasn't my original character, but I'd probably remake Scitenik, which became my main character over time. She was a kinetic melee/willpower brute. Not the most effective combination, but after I sunk a fair amount of inf into her build, it worked out all right.
I did a  Kin/wp brute at the launch of Going Rouge, a little trickier then most builds but he was my FIRST heroic brute.

Blue Cloak

• Minion
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2014, 01:57:03 AM »
Definately going to remake my spines/regen scrapper Xerine. I actualy got exited when I heard the news and tried my hand at making a new build for her. After every thing I ended up with MoG up every minute. And with maxed out incarnates 3000% Regen. It's really nuts though.

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2014, 03:33:14 AM »
Risha, but since I didn't know what I was doing at the time she was a mind/emp troller which is tough to solo AVs on...so, after advice on the other thread, I'll be making her a mind/kin troller.  Then another troller, Ill/emp (love trollers, my best was illusiva who was ill/rad and wonderful)...then a beast mistress, then my dark/dark scrapper, then one of my best tanks, then a Staff Tsar (or Staff Tsar Gent).
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2014, 03:39:41 AM »
Super Strength/Invulnerable tank!

First toon I made, no idea what I was in for over the next 7 years or so!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Serpine

• Biting Commentarian
  • Boss
  • Telegram force and ready
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2014, 07:28:54 AM »
Almost surely it would be Robo-Santa, my grav/storm controller. He was my first character in The Sims Online (where he originated actually), my first in CoH, and my first in CO (where he is a pretty amusing gadgeteer), so it is kind of required that he scouts out the territory for the rest in any relaunch situation.
Guns don't kill people, meerkats do.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2014, 09:43:23 AM »
All of Them.. day one..

Yep. This. I hope I can buy more slots immediately!!!!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2014, 10:09:11 AM »
I won't be "recreating" any of my characters exactly, I don't think.  I will reinvent a few though.

As for first?  If we are given it, I will go for a Psi/Invuln Brute or Scrap as a re-make of my main: Pointsphere.  He may be born with a new name though, I'm thinking something like Psipher.  For my second character, I will likely do some version of Gravity Control as a second sort of re-invention of my ex-main.  Maybe a Dom?  Grav/Elec?  Grav/Psi?  No idea.

Remidi

• Minion
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2014, 01:54:03 PM »
I would make all of them the first day, but just as name-holders.  I would make new characters to actually play.  The old ones would just be shadows of their former selves, and I think it would be less painful to start fresh.

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 08:23:15 PM »
I am torn I had 7 level 50 scrappers (had 1 non scrapper at 50 ill/rad controller)

My very first 50 was
katana/sr

I also have some love for DM (I had a dm/sr and a dm/da)

I was an AV hunter and one of my favorite to solo AV's was fire/sd but then EA came out and I went db/ea

Spines/da while fun when I did it back before IO's I think is not in my top builds I want to recreate

the one I know I would skip again is db/elec; ill/rad (yes the controller was powerful just not a scrapper)

I am torn about the decision darn this is harder than I thought gerr

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 08:28:04 PM »
Risha, but since I didn't know what I was doing at the time she was a mind/emp troller which is tough to solo AVs on...so, after advice on the other thread, I'll be making her a mind/kin troller.  Then another troller, Ill/emp (love trollers, my best was illusiva who was ill/rad and wonderful)...then a beast mistress, then my dark/dark scrapper, then one of my best tanks, then a Staff Tsar (or Staff Tsar Gent).

My first level 50 was an illus/emp, back in 2004. Back in the day when healers were deemed essential to a team. I figured Illus could let me solo decently while empathy would get me a lot of team invites.

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2014, 08:52:16 PM »
My first level 50 was an illus/emp, back in 2004. Back in the day when healers were deemed essential to a team. I figured Illus could let me solo decently while empathy would get me a lot of team invites.
  Thanks!  I haven't played one before, but I have high hopes!
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Von Krieger

• Evil Emperor of German Chocolate
  • Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2014, 11:53:07 PM »
It'll probably end up being my SS/Fire Brute, Infernal Infested. I had her one purple candy off of the positional defense softcaps AND she had permahasten.

I think my main challenge that I was going through was how to keep all that and squeeze in Sorcery in there for Enflame. just to add to the cackling glee of burnination.

I'll probably also end up making another Crabstermind, Soldier of arachnos with the two sets of spider-pets perma. It's a blaster, it's a tank, it's a mastermind!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 12:06:50 AM »
  Thanks!  I haven't played one before, but I have high hopes!

Before that I had some other toon, I forget what it was even. I was on a team and when I first saw Phantom Army I thought they were the bad guys and tried to attack them LOL.

After seeing that I basically made my Illus right after that mission. I just HAD to have one.

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2014, 12:15:20 AM »
Bah!!!  too many windows open.  posted into wrong one.

I'm still running my rig from the final days of coh.

Basic business desktop: hp pavillion with an amd 840T
Ram:  16GB
Video: evga nvidia 560 Ti
All I had to do was swap the video cards and install a bigger power supply.  That rig ran all settings in ultra mode.  It run gw2 today in the highest settings.  not real issues.

I ran 2 copies of the game at the same time.  Both windowed.  On separate displays driven by one video card.  Also ran, wmp for music, firefox for browsing, notepad for notes, excel for my toon info, pidgen for IMing, ventrillo for chatting and sometimes other apps as well.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:36:48 AM by LadyVamp »
No Surrender!