Author Topic: Which hero would you recreate first -  (Read 11341 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Which hero would you recreate first -
« on: June 25, 2014, 02:33:36 PM »
If (or hopefully, when) the game actually comes back live, if we have to start all over, who would you make first.

I had like 40 alts - 20 I played more or less regular and maybe 4 or 5 I played the most.

it would be my first 50 - Doc Heal - Illusion , Empathy - though I didn't play him much the last 2 years or so, he was the only toon I made way back in 2004 that I kept all the way to the end.

He saw me through many great TF"s and missions and whatnot over 8 years and I feel a certain loyalty to him.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
Re: Which hero would you recreate first -
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 02:43:02 PM »
My Sonic/Ice blaster!

ag88t88

• Lieutenant
  • Ice_Wall
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 04:36:58 PM »
Its a toss up.  My main was an AR\Devices Blaster whom I adored and had built up to a really insane level.  On the other hand my namesake was my Ice\Ice Tanker who was also fairly badass, though admittedly a little more difficult to build.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 07:51:27 PM »
My Dual Pistols/MM blaster - The Shadow's Ghost!

AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

AlphaFerret

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 08:02:34 PM »
I would bring back my original claws/sr scrapper.  He was my first toon, and I did not create an alt until he hit 50.  I still associate the game with that character.

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 08:09:01 PM »
I'd recreate the first character I ever created, which was also my main character for the whole four and a half years I played the game. He was War Mace/ Electric Armor, though I think I'll change War Mace to Electric Melee or Super Strength.

Kederren

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 08:15:55 PM »
I didn't have as many as some, but I had quite a few.
These were my top five:
The Black Librarian: Blaster  Psy/energy (An homage to my Warhammer 40K Character)
DeepStryker: Stalker Spines/Super Reflexes (My main soloist)
Then I had my two "project" toons
KageNoKami:  Dark/Dark (The Master of all Darkness. While he started as a corrupter, I had copies of him across the servers in all of the AT's that could spec as dark/dark)
Actinic Glare: Electric/Electric (A full body cyborg that started as a brute, but had modules that allowed him to fill other roles as needed)

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 10:45:38 PM »
"IF" it were to happen, the first character I would recreate would be my illusion/storm controller  ;D  Still patiently waiting for CoT  ;)  I've waited this long...I can wait some more 8)   (not really, but I keep telling myself to be patient..lol)

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 10:49:07 PM »
Brand X, my claws/regen brute. He was the discount supersoldier weapon, with nearly-indestructible metal grafted to his skeleton. He was pretty good at what he did, so long as your standards weren't too high. But what he did wasn't very nice.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 02:35:50 AM »
Brawling Humiliator.  No question.  Brawl/WP Brute. :)

Dawn Sisters would be next.  Ruby (Mind/Emp 'Troller), Cerise (Mind/Psi Dom) and Rose (Mind/Kin 'Troller)

And then Thing of Bigness, SS/WP Brute.  He'd be my main, but those other four are important.  Must haves.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 11:51:58 AM »
Scrapper Dark Melee/Regen super-speed theme. 

Dynadash -- Time for Crime to get the check
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 11:01:13 PM »
For me that's easy. He was my first character in beta, first character when the game went live and the one I was playing when the game went down. I ended having about 10 different versions of him across most of the servers.  Captain Neat-O

That's not cool... its neato!
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 11:14:09 PM »

I think it will be Eazy_Ryder5 Street justice, will power brute( blue side)
after that  Pale_Ryder5 DM/WP brute( red)

Microcosm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 12:02:36 AM »
If I could make khelds, Mr Microcosm, my Warshade. Otherwise it would have to be my Staff/Ice stalker.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 12:19:07 AM »
if/when the game comes back and I would have to start over I would remake my main a fire/fire blaster :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Skull Thuggery

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 01:14:21 AM »
I'd start with a Street Justice/EA stalker, then remake my Stone Melee/Regen brute. After that, the sky's the limit.

Mouse-Man

• Minion
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 01:27:03 AM »
My first will be my Tank, Willpower/Super Strength (but may reroll as Street Fighting). The second would be my Trick Arrow/Archery Defender.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 08:06:00 AM »
My first would probably be my street justice / willpower scrapper, though I might make her energy aura instead. Then, once I got them unlocked, my fortunata.

Banebritch

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 08:58:19 AM »
I would remake my bs/regen scrapper, but I would be really tempted to make him shield or wp instead.

Scitenik

• Underling
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2014, 09:46:16 AM »
That's a hard one. I had a lot of characters that I'd want to play again...but I'd probably go with my main.

She wasn't my original character, but I'd probably remake Scitenik, which became my main character over time. She was a kinetic melee/willpower brute. Not the most effective combination, but after I sunk a fair amount of inf into her build, it worked out all right.

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 01:54:04 PM »
A Dark/Dark Scrapper probably. :)

Fridgy Daiere

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2014, 03:16:14 PM »
A Dark/Dark Scrapper probably. :)

That was the first toon I ever created without Hubby's input, and she was a LOT of fun!

The one I'd probably re-roll first was originally a throw-away toon created to run with the Iron Eagles--a when you die, you're out, so don't get attached unless you're REALLY careful kind of SG.  Her name was Calli Shri, an Illusion/Radiation controller based on her backstory that she was the creator of a line of mineral makeup that went horribly wrong...or terribly right as the case may be.  (I had purchased make-up that day, so it was on the brain, OK?  :-P)

She turned out to be so much fun to play both in teams and solo that she quickly became one of my mains.

Harlequin565

• Lieutenant
    • Shuttercount - A Photography site...
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2014, 03:54:56 PM »
My first toon back in 2004 was an En/En blaster. She'd get a remake in a heartbeat because it was my first and my 2nd most enjoyable toon to play. After that it would be my Fire/Storm controller that would be remade (for me the most "fun" AT combo in the game). After going through all that it would be my Storm/Energy Defender.

My main used to be an Emp/Psi defender. I wouldn't torture myself with that combo ever again. Ever.

-H

MaxEternal

• Minion
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2014, 08:10:49 PM »
My Plan/Fire Dom, then a Rad/Rad Defender or Corrupter (still deciding) as my go to TF PUG toon.

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 08:25:47 PM »
Energy/Energy Blaster  8)
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2014, 02:15:15 PM »
All of Them.. day one..

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2014, 04:31:58 PM »
That's a hard one. I had a lot of characters that I'd want to play again...but I'd probably go with my main.

She wasn't my original character, but I'd probably remake Scitenik, which became my main character over time. She was a kinetic melee/willpower brute. Not the most effective combination, but after I sunk a fair amount of inf into her build, it worked out all right.
I did a  Kin/wp brute at the launch of Going Rouge, a little trickier then most builds but he was my FIRST heroic brute.

Blue Cloak

• Minion
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2014, 01:57:03 AM »
Definately going to remake my spines/regen scrapper Xerine. I actualy got exited when I heard the news and tried my hand at making a new build for her. After every thing I ended up with MoG up every minute. And with maxed out incarnates 3000% Regen. It's really nuts though.

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2014, 03:33:14 AM »
Risha, but since I didn't know what I was doing at the time she was a mind/emp troller which is tough to solo AVs on...so, after advice on the other thread, I'll be making her a mind/kin troller.  Then another troller, Ill/emp (love trollers, my best was illusiva who was ill/rad and wonderful)...then a beast mistress, then my dark/dark scrapper, then one of my best tanks, then a Staff Tsar (or Staff Tsar Gent).
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2014, 03:39:41 AM »
Super Strength/Invulnerable tank!

First toon I made, no idea what I was in for over the next 7 years or so!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Serpine

• Biting Commentarian
  • Boss
  • Telegram force and ready
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2014, 07:28:54 AM »
Almost surely it would be Robo-Santa, my grav/storm controller. He was my first character in The Sims Online (where he originated actually), my first in CoH, and my first in CO (where he is a pretty amusing gadgeteer), so it is kind of required that he scouts out the territory for the rest in any relaunch situation.
Guns don't kill people, meerkats do.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2014, 09:43:23 AM »
All of Them.. day one..

Yep. This. I hope I can buy more slots immediately!!!!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2014, 10:09:11 AM »
I won't be "recreating" any of my characters exactly, I don't think.  I will reinvent a few though.

As for first?  If we are given it, I will go for a Psi/Invuln Brute or Scrap as a re-make of my main: Pointsphere.  He may be born with a new name though, I'm thinking something like Psipher.  For my second character, I will likely do some version of Gravity Control as a second sort of re-invention of my ex-main.  Maybe a Dom?  Grav/Elec?  Grav/Psi?  No idea.

Remidi

• Minion
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2014, 01:54:03 PM »
I would make all of them the first day, but just as name-holders.  I would make new characters to actually play.  The old ones would just be shadows of their former selves, and I think it would be less painful to start fresh.

hejtmane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 08:23:15 PM »
I am torn I had 7 level 50 scrappers (had 1 non scrapper at 50 ill/rad controller)

My very first 50 was
katana/sr

I also have some love for DM (I had a dm/sr and a dm/da)

I was an AV hunter and one of my favorite to solo AV's was fire/sd but then EA came out and I went db/ea

Spines/da while fun when I did it back before IO's I think is not in my top builds I want to recreate

the one I know I would skip again is db/elec; ill/rad (yes the controller was powerful just not a scrapper)

I am torn about the decision darn this is harder than I thought gerr

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 08:28:04 PM »
Risha, but since I didn't know what I was doing at the time she was a mind/emp troller which is tough to solo AVs on...so, after advice on the other thread, I'll be making her a mind/kin troller.  Then another troller, Ill/emp (love trollers, my best was illusiva who was ill/rad and wonderful)...then a beast mistress, then my dark/dark scrapper, then one of my best tanks, then a Staff Tsar (or Staff Tsar Gent).

My first level 50 was an illus/emp, back in 2004. Back in the day when healers were deemed essential to a team. I figured Illus could let me solo decently while empathy would get me a lot of team invites.

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2014, 08:52:16 PM »
My first level 50 was an illus/emp, back in 2004. Back in the day when healers were deemed essential to a team. I figured Illus could let me solo decently while empathy would get me a lot of team invites.
  Thanks!  I haven't played one before, but I have high hopes!
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Von Krieger

• Evil Emperor of German Chocolate
  • Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2014, 11:53:07 PM »
It'll probably end up being my SS/Fire Brute, Infernal Infested. I had her one purple candy off of the positional defense softcaps AND she had permahasten.

I think my main challenge that I was going through was how to keep all that and squeeze in Sorcery in there for Enflame. just to add to the cackling glee of burnination.

I'll probably also end up making another Crabstermind, Soldier of arachnos with the two sets of spider-pets perma. It's a blaster, it's a tank, it's a mastermind!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 12:06:50 AM »

Before that I had some other toon, I forget what it was even. I was on a team and when I first saw Phantom Army I thought they were the bad guys and tried to attack them LOL.

After seeing that I basically made my Illus right after that mission. I just HAD to have one.

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2014, 12:15:20 AM »
Bah!!!  too many windows open.  posted into wrong one.

I'm still running my rig from the final days of coh.

Basic business desktop: hp pavillion with an amd 840T
Ram:  16GB
Video: evga nvidia 560 Ti
All I had to do was swap the video cards and install a bigger power supply.  That rig ran all settings in ultra mode.  It run gw2 today in the highest settings.  not real issues.

I ran 2 copies of the game at the same time.  Both windowed.  On separate displays driven by one video card.  Also ran, wmp for music, firefox for browsing, notepad for notes, excel for my toon info, pidgen for IMing, ventrillo for chatting and sometimes other apps as well.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:36:48 AM by LadyVamp »
No Surrender!

DragonCommando

• Minion
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2014, 12:33:12 AM »
I won't recreate any. I have made 52 new Mid's builds since the shutdown. The first one that I will create is a Sonic/Kin corr...

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2014, 12:34:27 AM »
It would be a toss up for me.  Either the ill/storm troller or my ff/dual pistol def.  Both were played more than any other toon.  Both were a hell of a lot of fun.  Bestest toons I had  :'(
No Surrender!

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2014, 01:01:40 AM »
My Mind/Kinetic Controller, and my Ice/Ice Dom.

Microcosm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2014, 05:29:16 AM »
I'm also thinking water/storm corr or storm/water def, but can't decide. Anyone have thoughts on that?

Biowraith

• Underling
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2014, 01:39:07 PM »
My Crab Spider.  Partly because he was probably my favourite character, and partly because the name I gave him wasn't very creative so I'd want to make sure I got it before someone else grabbed it.

After that my namesake (who was a Dark/Dark/Dark Defender), simply due to sentimentality.

Ezuka

• Minion
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2014, 02:12:31 PM »
I'll probably recreate my dark/dark corruptor first. I had SO much fun on her. Tenebrous Tentacles and Howling Twilight: I get excited just thinking about casting them again.

Benchpresser

• Minion
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2014, 02:26:29 PM »
First would have to be my namesake- Benchpresser, a INV/SS Tank (though I'd alter him to a INV/StJ)... I need that to be my Global so :)  Afterwards... my main villains- Burn Pattern (a FireX3 Dom) and Kong Fu... a SS/INV Brute (though might go SS/WP)

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2014, 06:22:00 PM »
Engine Jean. My second toon, created after I finally managed to log back in after the shutdown announcement. Originally drafted as a cyborg villain, re-drafted as a villain masquerading as a hero to dupe Paragon City heroes into helping her take revenge on another villain responsible for crippling her (cue a major change of heart after realizing she enjoyed being on the side of angels).
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2014, 06:55:44 PM »
Jem my ill/rad controller would be my first!

Without_Pause

• Minion
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2014, 07:12:10 PM »

I don't think I could pair Emp with anything else. I struggled with Emp as a set trying a number of other sets but always was kind of fond of the idea of running an Ill/emp. Once I did, I never looked back.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2014, 01:21:39 PM »
Katanna/super reflex Scrapper

DBadger

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2014, 04:26:49 PM »
I would take the name from my Spines/Regen Scrapper Death Badger and remake him as my Katana/Willpower Scrapper (who was Peril) who became by far my most played and pimped out character

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2014, 04:52:53 PM »
ill let you know.. if we get character data back.. first toon being built is Mind/Electric Dominator..

if not.. I dont know...

energizingion

• Minion
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2014, 06:06:06 PM »
My main of course:  Energizing Ion.  Kinetics/Rad. Blast Defender

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2014, 07:38:18 PM »
If I can have my big, fluffy vet reward wings back from the start instead of having to wait for them?

Grey Kestrel (rogue DB/WP Stalker) and Palrah (hero WP/DB tank), my red and blue side mains. No question about that.
They're the two characters who meant the most to me, and the two I'd most love to have back. They'd be restarted concurrently, because I can't choose between them.

(Kestrel... with her Adept partner and constant companion, Cardinal)

(Pally, who was always surprised just how devoted snowbeasts were to keeping their candy)

They'd be followed in very short order by Nemissary, my much-beloved "Crazy Death Mage" (A dark defender)...

If I *can't* have my bird-thing's wings... It'll all be down to Nem. And maybe Hanano, my hero-side Ninja Mastermind.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 08:05:47 PM by Brightfires »
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

Claw guy

• Underling
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2014, 09:37:10 PM »
Probably my main Scrapper, Claws/Regen (When I started wanted to make Wolverine). I'll probably change Regen to Fire though, just because near the end I was having a lot of fun with a Fiery Aura toon, and Regen just wasn't to much fun for me.

Also, if the game comes back with Psionic Melee in it, probably Psi Melee/Energy or Willpower Brute. Made a GL-like toon on Icon, and really want to test out Psi Melee in-game.

Charged Mastermind

• Lieutenant
  • I was 10 when I made this name i know it is dumb
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2014, 02:14:34 AM »
Either my Dual Pistols/Devices Blaster and remake him as Dual Bullets/Fire
My Robotics/Pain Dom MM, probably make one similar but with FF's or Traps
My Empathy/Psychic Defender
My Fire/Kin Controller (you cannot make a controller without making a Fire Kin). Such godly combo's
My Stone/Stone Tank
My Energy/Regen Stalker

That's all I can think of. I got some other stuff I would make if they finish Issue 24 with Pyschic Melee and stuff. That looks sweet.

TBoxer

• Underling
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2014, 03:38:59 AM »
My main was an Ice/Fire/Soul Tanker, but I'm going to reroll him as an Ice/Elec/Pyre Tanker this time around. As much as I loved using Fire Sword Circle > Combustion > Dark Obliteration for AoE carnage, I remember getting a bit bored by their animations. So I'm going to see how well Lightning Rod, Chain Induction, Thunder Strike, and Fire Ball do for AoE mayhem.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:51:49 AM by TBoxer »
/jranger

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2014, 12:34:56 PM »
"Hero"?

All the characters I most want to recreate are villains. :D  (Elec/Inv Brute, Bots/Storm MM, Grav/Elec Dom)

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2014, 10:39:56 PM »
Nice images, great work.

Yes, I also would start out with the same characters.
I've grown a bond playing many missions with them, and doing a lot of nothing
at Atlas Park, chatting, too....silly isn't it?  :roll:

Taliseian

• Minion
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2014, 06:30:58 AM »
I only had one hero get to 50, and I had an absolute blast playing her.

Lady Daethstryke - Dark/Dark Scrapper

I had others I enjoyed - Rad/Rad Defender (very tiny and funny looking when running around town with Super Speed), Fire/Fire Blaster (Amun-Re - an Egyptian Pharoah that was awakend by CoT when a new museum exhibit was in town) - but Lady Daethstryke will be recreated first.

T

microc

• Boss
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2014, 10:04:19 AM »
If I24 bio drops on the restart...use it to make mini guy call him Q-tip.
(dont put q-tips in your ear!!!!)
use rad for his main power tank.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2014, 12:10:24 PM »
That's a tough one...not!

I'd remake my ice/ice blaster. I'd start off with the ice mastery until I got red side and get the pet spiders back for the bonuses. (unless respecs are a thing of the past for some reason)

Followed by my fire/fire brute and then my ill/rad controller

No! Wait, I'd reroll my ...no! I'd ..well, I really dunno what I'd do after I got my blaster, brute and controller back up and running.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

artbunker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2014, 05:02:21 PM »
I would create my mind/Kin toon first out of respect for it being my first toon. Afterwards, I would remake my rad/rad defender because lots of folks love rads. Finally I would recreate my Widow . I loved that widow. I wasnt the greatest with her, I didnt have the chance to make her great like i knew she could be, but she made me love COH all over againa fter I stopped plaing for 2 years

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2014, 05:33:39 PM »
Fire Melee / Shield Defense Scrapper, the the next 14 characters I have lined up with builds and costumes waiting, Mids & Icon come in handy while waiting for the games return  ;D

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2014, 06:12:22 PM »
Tubbius, of Justice, Plant Controller and Empath.

Crashed

• Underling
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2014, 07:27:38 PM »
I've got two characters that fit the bill here.

First is Coldcrash, an Invulnerability/Ice Melee Tanker. He was my first 50 and the one character I experienced most of the game with for the first time. It took me a while to figure out the Tanker's actual role, and for a good bit I played him like you would play a Melee DPS archetype. Eventually he just kinda clicked with me and I got really sucked into finding new ways to push his limits as a Tanker. I spent countless hours tweaking his build in Mids and fine-tuning him to fit my playstyle. He's the character who taught me how to use IOs. He was my go-to guy for badges and new content. He was virtually indestructible - I had his defense softcapped to all types but Psi, and I had capped hit points with perma-Dull Pain on top of Invulnerability's inherent resistances. played with the idea of rerolling him as something else if we ever get the game back, but honestly no other powers fit nearly as well for him in my head, and I love Invulnerability and Ice Melee enough to where, even though there are more well-rounded pairings out there, I would totally do it again.

The other one is Wild Streak, a Beast Summoning/Sonic Resonance Mastermind that I fell in love with shortly before the game shut down. I had already played a Mastermind to 50 (a Necro/Poison), but I guess I had a better understanding of the game's mechanics by the time I started Wild Streak that I had a much easier time getting used to the pet mechanics. Sonic worked really well with Beasts - with all my shields, their resistances where nicely stacked. The resistance debuffs helped me rip things to shreds, plus I felt pretty confident in my contribution to teams. I just really enjoyed the overall experience with this character. He probably would have rivaled my Tanker in terms of activity level if the game didn't shut down.

Neutrio

• Minion
  • Omega neutrinos! Defend us!
    • Heroes Inc
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2014, 04:06:46 AM »
I'd have to recreate my namesake [Neutrio - Emp/Rad defender] -- might choose something else as a secondary.

After that, would come my Inv/SS tank -- she was so much fun to play

Then I'd try out other ATs & powersets I never got around to -- like SJ

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2014, 05:02:45 AM »
It is a difficult decision.
Each one of my toons was a part of me.
The confident Paragon Avenger Ill/Kin controller,
The silly Super Fire Dragon wp/fire tank,
The stoic Tattered Avenger MA/dark scrapper,
The frightening Necrophillia necro/dark MM,
The experienced Kolissa Fortunata Widow,
The calculating Paragon Comptroller earth/rad controller,
The show-off Dr. Wos broadsword/regen scrapper,
The insane Flower Night arrows/something blaster
(I did rp having her sad because she had lost her 'K'),
The entertaining Umbral Schrumbral warshade
(Some post said that all WS should be named Umbral something.  I disagree.),
The well put together Super Kollider wp/ss tank.

All of those except the insane one made it to 50.
And some exceeded the hard-cap level 50.
(incarnate stuff).

So where do I begin?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:07:50 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

TheCynical1

• Underling
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2014, 03:07:33 AM »
Good question...tell you the honest truth, I don't really know. However, I'd probably make a few new concepts instead of rebuilding the old ones. Although I'd have to have a Fire tanker, plus an Energy Aura Brute of some sort, and an array of Scrappers, with an Ill/Rad to round out the mix.

TheCynical1

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2014, 08:26:06 AM »
It's funny you asked this, because there were several characters that were literally under the "delete" button, and for a reason or another I didn't do it, and later on I enjoyed playing them a lot, a few of them even reached 50+3... but I think I'd start back with my 1st 50 ever, my elec / empath fender.
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

Masharific

• Underling
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2014, 03:53:34 PM »
My ss/invuln tank.  Haven't been able to create one to equal her in any other game I've played since.  Sux dying a lot!  haha

Masharific

• Underling
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2014, 03:55:08 PM »
and BTW....how do you post a picture in this??

Myrmydon

• Minion
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2014, 05:25:06 PM »
I'd make a single Tanker to make Tanker Tuesdays (if we have enough people to continue that event), however, if we have the options we did at Freedom I'll switch over to Brute as my primary AT.

Ultraamann

• Minion
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2014, 03:23:56 AM »
Ultraamann, my Inv/SS tanker..

or maybe Powerfrost, my Ice/EM tanker...

or Dissident Aggressor, my Stone/Mace tanker...

or Magistor, my Inv/EM tanker...

or Middle-Age Man, my WP/Axe tanker...

or Hell-Knight, my Fire/Dark tanker...

or Superunknown, my Dark/Ice tanker...

or Tesla 2.0, my Elec/Elec tanker...

or Officer McGrath, my Shield/Stone tanker...

or Crazy Scot, my SR/StrF tanker...

or Bird o' Prey my Inv/Staff tanker...

or U II, my Inv/Titan tanker...

so hard to decide...

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2014, 03:34:44 AM »

so hard to decide...

I know, try running a defender.
Especially, an empathy defender.

Just for a change.
You know, see how the other half lives.

JKPhage

• Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2014, 04:05:01 AM »
My Staff/Invulnerability/Leviathan Scrapper, Ocean Knight, probably with a better name, and definitely with a couple of costume tweaks. I loved playing this guy more than I rightfully should have. I once ran him with a PUG that was doing +4 missions once I hit 50 and managed to tank a mob of 16 Knives of Artemis by myself, covered in caltrops and web grenades for five minutes straight after my team wiped, giving them enough time to all hosp/wakie and get back to finish the group off. That pretty much cemented him as my favorite character ever.

Ultraamann

• Minion
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2014, 07:17:30 PM »
I know, try running a defender.
Especially, an empathy defender.

Just for a change.
You know, see how the other half lives.

I'm simply not built for defendering.  I tried multiple versions of it, and the only ones who ever survived were Racer Stripe (Kin/Rad) and Winterking (Ice/Ice).  They just never worked for me.

Myrmydon

• Minion
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2014, 08:20:27 PM »
I'm simply not built for defendering.  I tried multiple versions of it, and the only ones who ever survived were Racer Stripe (Kin/Rad) and Winterking (Ice/Ice).  They just never worked for me.

You know, those two are the only ones I ever remember you being on.

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2014, 11:13:43 PM »
My Warshade.

Warped One of Virtue, I miss my chaotic little imp D:

primeknight

• Boss
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2014, 11:54:45 PM »
My first two characters were the ones I played the most and I'd want them both back.

My claws/sr/bm scrapper was my first character and my first 50.  He was the very first super hero I created when I was a kid.  I learned the game with him.  And he started off with just super speed back in Issue 3 so playing him taught me the lay of the land on hero side very well.  He also allowed me to play at such a fast pace that after him, most other characters were slow and I lost interest.  He was my main for most of my time playing.  And he was my funnest character to play.  Prior to Galaxy City's destruction I purposely left him there to defend the zone because that was his starting (and my starting zone).  I once told myself he'd replace Backalley Brawler and become the trainer in that zone.  Well, on the last day of the game I logged back onto the character to take screenshots and found that he was still in Galaxy City (not the echo), and he didn't get kicked to another zone.  I ended up standing him right where Backalley Brawler used to stand so he could be the defacto trainer, took a bunch of screenshots and then logged off him for the last time, almost crying when I said goodbye. 

My mind/kin/psi controller was my second character and my second 50.  The character was patterned off another character of mine, but he also became a sudo me (a me with telekinesis and flight :P ).  I picked him to log in with to get his name as my global.  I toyed with the idea of changing him to my main for years since I saw more of myself in him than my other character.  He was also much more versatile than my scrapper.  Once incarnate content came out I realized I didn't have the time to incarnate both characters out so I made the command decision to main my controller and went to 50(+3) with him and just had a blast.  He was the character I stayed logged in with when Liberty server shutdown for the last time:  just hanging out in Croatoa chasing and being chased by his dog.

Good times! And couple tough choices for me :)

Ultraamann

• Minion
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2014, 01:55:10 AM »
You know, those two are the only ones I ever remember you being on.

Well, I made all kinds of them, but early to mid 30s or so, I'd just lose interest.  I guess it was all the soloing.  Those two made it to fifty because they were actually fun to play on their own.

Solinarius

• Underling
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2014, 01:50:19 AM »
High fantasy magic and wizards really intrigue me and I'm usually a mage class in games, so, assuming I could create a blueside villain straightaway (please xD) or could move him Going Rogue style, it would be my Fire/Rad Corruptor, Chromystic. I tried to make his powers similar to Dr. Strange, and I think it worked out quite well. I would definitely rename him, though.