Author Topic: Favorite combat power?  (Read 15344 times)

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
Re: Favorite combat power?
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2013, 12:36:04 PM »
I came late to Stone Melee, but oh boy Seismic Smash was great (and Fault, paired with Obsidian Shield, was perma-stun, never mind the knockdown.)
I think you meant Oppressive Gloom here. If your build could stomach the end drain of the Dark heal, it must have been fun, yesssss...

Still prefered the "Everybody *slams foot* DOWN!" of the knockdown ^^ grinned all the time. Footstomp didn't do that 100%, even though it did damage.

Funny thing was that Oppressive Gloom's damage was reduced by fighting higher-con mobs, instead of increased, because it was you power, not the ennemy's, that was doing the damage.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 12:45:07 PM by Mister Bison »
Yeeessss....

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2013, 06:23:51 PM »
Oh yeah, Gloom, should have checked my work.

Dollhouse

• Boss
  • "What will happen? Will I dream?"
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2013, 09:11:25 PM »
I'll just pick one from the "short list" of powers that never failed to delight me.

Lightning Rod...on a fully Incarnated Stalker. Think about that for a sec: a Superior damage AoE, with knockdown, that auto-criticaled out of Hide.  :o

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2013, 06:05:44 AM »
Lightning Rod didn't crit as it was a pet spawn power. The cool thing was that it didn't un-hide you so you could immediately follow up with Thunder Strike from hide for more AoE mayhem.

GoliathBirdEater

• Underling
  • Far Beyond Metal
    • Muh Twitters
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2013, 09:15:49 PM »
My personal favorite attack power was Supression.

It wasn't the best numerically, but it was the definitive Crab Spider attack power.

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2013, 07:33:27 PM »
Gotta say Vorpal Judgement for the sheer awesome of splitting into 40 parts and decimating entire rooms in a single shot.
I never got to develop that power myself. But saw it in action. It was epic.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Richpur

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2013, 12:48:25 AM »
Ionic Judgement on a SS/Shield brute before they stopped global damage buffs affecting the bounces.

So broken. So fun.
Note To Self : Toggles.

Nealix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2013, 01:09:32 AM »
I was pretty hooked on the water blast set near the end.  My water blaster was probably the character I got to 50 the fastest just out of the sheer fun I had playing him.  Geyser was probably my favorite power though I also loved whirlpool, water burst and water jet.

Candie Firestar

• Underling
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2013, 10:47:21 PM »
Well, being a Fire/SS Tank, mine was Burn, followed up by Foot Stomp.  Those were good times before they nerfed Burn with the fear effect so mobs would run out of the flames.  I was sooo happy when the Devs removed that fear effect several Issues later.  They did reduce the damage from Burn, but I could live with it.

Sailboat

• Boss
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2013, 05:25:55 PM »
Well, this wasn't one power, but I was very happy when my Fire/Fire/Pyre Tanker got enough recharge to chain Fire Sword Circle, Combustion, Burn, and Fireball essentially continuously (and Burn would recharge in time to be up continuously).  Talk about AoE mayhem!

FourSpeed

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2013, 08:36:55 PM »

Hmmmm...  No way I could pick a single power... Too, too many awesome ones to pick from... 

Certainly, a few of my favorites would be (in no particular order)

* T4 Judgement -- Now *that* was what a Blaster's "nuke" should have been from the get-go...   :P

* Propel - slow, and unwieldy, but funnier than hell seeing the various items that would show up.

* Ninja Blade's Assassin Strike - Nothing like a katana (out of the blue) thru the gizzard ftw.  :)

* Tesla Cage - Beautiful to behold, cheap and quick to cast, and would pretty much lock a baddie down
for an entire fight - with a hold proc in it, it could even leave a boss twitching uncontrollably. What's not to love?  :)

Cheers,

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2013, 08:17:29 PM »
I was gobsmacked with 'Confuse'. It was SO much fun to watch the baddies turn on each other, and was especially useful when soloing. Even better, was confusing a boss!
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Consultant

• Underling
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2013, 05:21:21 PM »
My favorite power was certainly fireball.  No doubt.  and the incarnate version of it, pyronic judgement (which I always called pyronic justice).  The animation was so great, and the best use of the fireball power is to "introduce" my character to an entire mob.  just fire it off, and imagine your toon is shouting "hello, my name is Charcoal Blaster, and you're all on fire."

Absolute

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2013, 03:28:32 AM »
Chain Induction from the Scrapper primary Electrical Melee.

The DPS was insane for the small cast time and the mechanics behind it were interesting. Something I found very odd was how Chain Induction would limit the enemies' interruptible casts. I never understood why opponents couldn't use things like [Aid Self], -recovery wasn't supposed to interrupt it. Something else did.

It also reminded me a lot of the original Energy Transfer, as it used the same model animation.

Edit: Case closed, thanks Reiraku
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 05:20:03 AM by Sentry44 »

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2013, 04:53:20 AM »
Funny thing about the -recovery from electric melee is that it would do a lot of things it wasn't supposed to, such as interruption of powers. It also would re-aggro enemies immediately after a placate if the effect was still active for stalkers.

thunderforce

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2013, 02:45:35 AM »
The Bone Smasher. With Build Up going it could be glorious (or a good dose of old-Defiance), and it just looks amazing.

SentaiRed

• Underling
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2013, 08:55:41 PM »
Footstomp. There was just something glorious about stomping, and then having all the enemies around you flop like fish out of water.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2013, 01:27:36 AM »
So many choices that i'll list my favorites from a few sets...
Dart Burst because i liked the look and concept of riddling enemies with dozens of needles followed by Poison Dart as a close second since it functioned as a finisher for my Widow throughout her career. There was just something about firing off a single dart as an enemy with a sliver of health tried to make a run for it and watching them drop a couple seconds later.

Poison Trap on my Defender for several reasons. The way it incapacitated enemies and then when it was procced out at 50 seeing a group of minions charging in set it off and watching several of them collapse instantly. And when the occasional AV or GM would be left retching helplessly.

Bright Nova Scatter on my PB with 2 dmg/range HOs. i could aggro most spawns in a large room with one shot. Bright Nova Detonation was a close second. The last few months it was easy to make a PB extremely durable without much investment so trying to steal everyone's aggro was a viable tactic.

Foot Stomp with the punching animation. i just loved the way it looked. The damage wasn't bad either.

Carrion Creepers because of the disturbing sort of whispering noise they'd make when following from one spawn to the next before erupting from the ground.

The last one i'll list is Whirling smash from Titan Weapons. i loved the look and the damage. For some characters the pacing of Titan Weapons seemed perfect. Bursts of rapid fire destruction tearing through whole squads of enemies with brief pauses to assess surviving targets before launching into another burst. In a strange way it reminded of the Sherlock Holmes movie where he'd pause a second to plan out his sequence of attacks before taking out a whole group with a single chain of moves.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

navyrayne

• Minion
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2013, 01:31:12 AM »
Oh man, to many to count, but if I had to pick?

Pyronic Judgement

I like fire...like, ya know, A LOT  8)
Community and Media Relations Manager - Pixel Constructor LLC - Grumpy Witch
Formerly,
Community Manager - Kerbal Space Program - Squad Games
Community Manager - Legends of Aethereus - Three Gates Studio
Community and Media Relations Manager - Heliborne - JetCatGames

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2013, 06:13:16 PM »
A couple come to mind.

Thunderous Blast... back in the day when you could do wolf herding missions, the excitement of waiting for that Tanker to bring them all to me.

Fire Imps... waiting and soloing and dying and dying until... level 32 baby.  Having "perma-hasten" and spawning 12 imps was like you had your own army.  It took forever to reach 32.  With the Imps, level 50 came in a flash.

Everyday, my wife and I miss this game.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.