Author Topic: Favorite combat power?  (Read 15374 times)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Re: Favorite combat power?
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2014, 07:44:55 PM »
Nova.  Pre-target cap I once hit about 120 targets with one shot.  Using it in Infernal's portal room was one of the sure-fire ways of breaking the client's FX limit.

I was really looking forward to I24's rapid-fire blaster nukes.

Although I have to say I had a lot more fun than I really should have playing around with Arbiter Hawk's broken I24 Power Thrust on beta.  He decided to put a little repel into PT.  He put a little more than he should have.  You'd hit a target and he'd repel off practically over the horizon, even striking walls and continuing to repel alongside them until they got free.

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2014, 04:03:11 AM »
Top five: Carrion Creepers, Confuse, Ice Slick, Levitate & Ion Judgement

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2014, 05:55:44 AM »
Since I'm a MM at heart, I'd have to go with Noxious Gas on my Bruiser.

Or my Bots/storm MM with the Thunderclap, Freezing Rain and Lightning Storm combo (yeah I cheated alittle. :P)

and for simple joy, pistol whip on my thugs/poison MM.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2014, 07:19:53 PM »
I think the gunslinger was one of the niftier ones, but I thought they could have done more..

Maybe a weapon-based Judgment?

I just sayin'.  8)
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2014, 12:45:50 AM »
What is that from? The gif.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2014, 05:25:02 AM »
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Spellcaster Hana

• Minion
  • City of Heroes will always and forever be my home.
    • Hana's Deviantart
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2014, 03:11:47 PM »
It's so hard to choose one since I have tons of favorite combat powers but I'll keep my list short:

- Blizzard/Ice Storm (I'm an AoE addict)
- Hibernate (it's my panic button and have saved me lots of times)
- Assassin's Strike (people say it's clunky but I love the damage)
- Bullet Rain/Executioner's Shot/Piercing Rounds (who doesn't like Dual Pistols?)
- Explosive Arrow and Crushing Field (another AoE powers)
- Vorpal Judgement (I've never seen any power as cool as this in any other game)
- Time Manipulation buffs/debuffs (I couldn't choose because I find there are no useless power in this set)

Well, there's more and I was planning to add Wind Control and Martial Combat but since it was never released, I'll stick with these for now...
"Sometimes, crossing the line is necessary in order to move forward."
"ALL HAIL EMPEROR COLE!!!" ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
----------
My Deviantart: http://hanariblue.deviantart.com

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2014, 08:05:55 AM »
Thanks for the info LadyShin

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2014, 08:48:16 PM »
Foot Stomp and T4 Judgement were awesome, but my favorite power had to be Assassins Strike, I just loved the visuals.
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2014, 05:46:39 PM »
I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one who liked the lowly Assasain Strike over all the upper echelon abilities 8)
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2014, 02:37:54 AM »
Since we're on the topic of Stalkers, HIDE was one of the greatest powers in the game. As a Stalker you could kick on stealth at lv 1 and be invisible to almost everything (curse you Rikti drones.) You could stand right next to a GM or an angry AV and nothing would happen. Now that, is power.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2014, 03:03:28 AM »
That reminds me of when they were first doing Stalker revamps on test, and Assassin Strike was going to do a percentage of damage based on the enemy's HP. As soon as test came up, me and a few other stalker enthusiasts got on to check it out and wondered how much damage it would do against Hamidon. BAB spawned one in The Abyss and pulled aggro for me while I whacked it for over 30k damage in a single hit.

I really miss my stalkers.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2014, 12:11:33 PM »
I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one who liked the lowly Assasain Strike over all the upper echelon abilities 8)

Well.. not saying I didn't like it...I found it to be a necessary addition to the other assassin abilities. I would divide up my attacks based on cooldown times (had 2-3 groups of attacks I'd use) and would space them out with AS.

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2014, 02:51:16 PM »
Well.. not saying I didn't like it...I found it to be a necessary addition to the other assassin abilities. I would divide up my attacks based on cooldown times (had 2-3 groups of attacks I'd use) and would space them out with AS.

And...the (don't leave home without it) Build Up to accompany the AS!!  I really miss the Bloody Bay days  :'(

Chance Jackson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2014, 12:10:29 AM »
That reminds me of when they were first doing Stalker revamps on test, and Assassin Strike was going to do a percentage of damage based on the enemy's HP. As soon as test came up, me and a few other stalker enthusiasts got on to check it out and wondered how much damage it would do against Hamidon. BAB spawned one in The Abyss and pulled aggro for me while I whacked it for over 30k damage in a single hit.

I really miss my stalkers.
That sounds awesome
Chance Jackson was my Global, I mostly played on Triumph Toons: LIEGE CHEETATRON X - Bots/Traps/Mu lvl 50 +3; DOWN RIGHT FIERCE - SJ/Fire/Soul Brute lvl 50 +3; FIGHT OF YOUR LIFE -KM/Nin/Fire Stalker lvl 50 +3; TIME MAY CHANGE ME - Time/Sonic/Dark; INFERNAL SAMURAI - DB/Fire/Fire lvl 50 +3 replaced by "NITORYU" - DB/WP probably a brute; THUNDEROUS BRUTE - Elec/Shield Scrapper; And Many More!

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2014, 09:49:42 PM »
-Stands on top of the Atlas statue and shouts-

LF stalker 4 DIB!!!!

Yoru-hime

• Minion
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2014, 08:15:05 PM »
If I had to pick one and only one, I'd go with Fearsome Stare. So subtle, yet so ridiculously powerful. It also led into the below.

Fearsome Stare + Tar Patch + Ion Core Final Judgment = My petite little dark/dark defender walks into a room full of bad guys, gives them the evil eye, Very Bad Things happen, and five seconds later she walks out of an empty room.

Also great fun:

Soul Storm + Petrifying Gaze - To render the boss who may have survived the above almost instantly helpless.
Executioner's Shot - The animation just perfectly fit the idea behind my mercenary Traps/DP Defender.
Confuse - Great in regular play, but find the right type of enemy and it just got ridiculous. Embalmed Vahz? Sorcerers? Force Field Generators? Bring em on!
Howling Twilight - I never got it to brew tea for me, but otherwise it pretty much did everything.
Pyronic Core Final Judgment - Do you really need a reason?
Assassin's Blade - See above.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2014, 10:42:07 PM »
Too Many to name..

However my most favorite thing I discovered was when I made my Shield/SS Tank and changed to the double fisted animation for KO Blow, it looked like you were smashing the opponent with the shield.. which was very very cool.

crashpositron

• Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2014, 12:22:03 AM »
My all-time favorite was the spinning roundhouse AOE punch in Street Justice - can't remember the real name right now - and that meaty SMACK! when it landed.  Many fun times taking a 23 Street Justice Brute into the old DA and taunting ten-member mobs into converging on me  . . and wiping Dat Ass Right Out!

The original OP Shield Charge when you could wipe out a tightly-spaced mob with one rush - and send the bodies tumbling!

And the whole martial arts set  . . .and . . .

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2014, 01:13:59 AM »
My all-time favorite was the spinning roundhouse AOE punch in Street Justice - can't remember the real name right now - and that meaty SMACK! when it landed.  Many fun times taking a 23 Street Justice Brute into the old DA and taunting ten-member mobs into converging on me  . . and wiping Dat Ass Right Out!

The original OP Shield Charge when you could wipe out a tightly-spaced mob with one rush - and send the bodies tumbling!

And the whole martial arts set  . . .and . . .

It was simply called.. Spinning Strike... I had a Street Justice/SR Brute with it..