Author Topic: Favorite combat power?  (Read 15282 times)

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
Favorite combat power?
« on: August 13, 2013, 06:27:55 PM »
Out of any combat power, from your basic attacks all the way up to the last Incarnate ability..What was your #1 favorite power?

Mine was...

Crane Kick.

Why? simply because of the ability to enhance knockback distance.

When you're being annoyed by a flunky who just won't stop bugging you...Fire off a crane kick...and watch him fly across the room into the opposite wall. Sheer gratification.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 06:33:31 PM by LadyShin »
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
Re: Favorite combat power?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 06:30:39 PM »
I liked my dual claws and dual blades, where combo patterns ruled the day, so it's hard to pick one.... buuuuuuuuuut. I'd have to say Assassin's Strike. the ability to crawl up to someone, shiv them, and freeze their buddies in mortal fear always put a smile on my face, be it as a hero or as a villain.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 07:13:13 PM »
Gotta say Vorpal Judgement for the sheer awesome of splitting into 40 parts and decimating entire rooms in a single shot.
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 07:23:51 PM »
Tough one...

For "Everyone in this room is going to die" factor, i have to say Dark extractionx3 with the build up proc in them while i tank in Dark Dwarf form.

For looking like someone you do NOT want to mess with, Any illusion controller with Perma PA.

For locking enemies down while looking just friggin' cool? Tenebrous Tentacles/Midnight grasp.

For just showing off and looking hardcore? The entire Martial arts set.

but...

If i -HAVE- to pick my ABSOLUTELY BESTIEST BEST POWER OF BESTIEST OF ALL BEST...I have to say it was Trip Mine.

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 07:30:09 PM »
I loved the big T4 Judgment attacks... Kestrel's Ionic and Palrah's Pyro in particular. There was just something fun about lobbing one of those into a big group of goons and watching them all evaporate.  ;D

I also thought DB's Sweeping Strike was pretty stylish, along with Claws' Spin and Soul Mastery's Soul Storm... And, yeah, I loved the look and the sound of pretty much everything my Peacebringers did.
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

Flow-Vector

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 08:10:56 PM »
Ninja Blade's assassin strike was a lot of fun to use, bu i'd have to say my absolute favorite attack was Kinetic melee's focused burst
"It is said that irony is the true guiding hand of fate, and what we call destiny is the cruel humor playing out its joke on the world."

I just love this quote from Sirocco.

Profile picture is Flow- my Kin/Regen scrapper from freedom and beta

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 08:11:25 PM »
I loved the big T4 Judgment attacks... Kestrel's Ionic and Palrah's Pyro in particular. There was just something fun about lobbing one of those into a big group of goons and watching them all evaporate.  ;D

I also thought DB's Sweeping Strike was pretty stylish, along with Claws' Spin and Soul Mastery's Soul Storm... And, yeah, I loved the look and the sound of pretty much everything my Peacebringers did.

I remember the first time I saw someone looking for PB's...I was like...what...peanut butter?  :o
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 08:20:57 PM »
Hail of bullets for sure. I saw that and bought Duel pistols immediately after.
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 08:36:32 PM »
Power burst.  Nice, solid hit with knockback, on corruptors the double damage was very fun.

Edit: I notice you said combat powers, so let me correct myself.  Derp.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 08:55:13 PM »
Lightning Rod/Shield Charge/Spring Attack/the Martial Combat teleport-attack that Blasters were getting in I24. Basically, teleporting attacks are my favorite.

Rain of Arrows (which I called Rain of Pwnies) is a very very very close second.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 09:18:47 PM »
Knockout blow.

The sound effect made it sound like it was going to hurt. Not to mention the animation was the right amount of cheese. Not overdone not underdone, just the perfect amount that I have yet to see get done to that level of perfection* in any other game fist melee set.

Then they added the amination choice but always prefered the original one.

*Note-Of course perfection meaning depends on the eye of the beholder and the judger and thus used in with my view and the only set of two eyes I have. What is perfect to one is totally a hot mess to another with neither view being absolute correct or wrong in any way. Both sides can be perfectly correct and wrong at the same time.

Ultraamann

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 09:26:44 PM »
Foot stomp, mostly from the good old days of herding hundreds upon hundreds of rikti monkeys and then freezing the screen when you stomped them all.

A close second would be Crowd Control from War Mace.  I loved the animation on that.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 10:14:59 PM »
Easy, Propel. It was the most fun for me.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 11:02:22 PM »

ARC OF DESTRUCTION!

Seriously, there's nothing like sweeping an I-beam with a chunk of concrete on the end through a whole crowd of dudes at one time and watching them drop like flies.

Titan Weapons as a whole is a fun set for this reason.  I can remember fights against Lord Recluse and his dizzying bevy of bane spiders, where I continually pounded Lord Recluse and my sweeps left the bane spiders in various stages of falling on their rears.

Closely following it in second place:

SUPPRESSION

I always wished this attack was stronger.  It's just so cool to simply hunker down and blaze away with energy cannons from all four Crab Spider Pack limbs at the same time, filling the air with hissing bolts of energy.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 11:22:58 PM »
Lightning Rod was my favorite; It looked AWESOME, the damage was amazing, and I had enough recharge on it to use it on every mob (although, to be fair, I was fighting fairly big mobs, so they took some time to dispatch).

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 11:31:17 PM »
Easy, Propel. It was the most fun for me.

Okay, yeah. I was trying to think of one and Propel is definitely it. It was the only reason I even had a Controller.

"So you can dodge bullets, eh? Well let's see you dodge... a forklift! Ha!"     ;D

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 03:03:26 AM »
Nothing was better than Bitter Ice Blast. Properly slotted, it was a thing of beauty. Alternating between Aim and Build-up, one shotting minions and two shotting LTs was great fun. At least, I think I was two shotting lts, I forget. It's been almost a year.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 03:24:10 AM »
Brawl, Six slotted.

It may have taken forever to take 'em down, but I was putting down mobs of +6 boss, 2 +6 LTs, and 4 +6 minions with Brawl/WP and all the goodies I could cram into Brawling Humiliator.  Even EBs at +3 were no match for his mighty B****slap of win.

/AVs and Pylons.. it was a standoff.  Which was cool. I just couldn't put enough dps on 'em.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 03:26:08 AM »
Sands of Mu -- quick super-speed punch against an area with a bonus -- sweetest traditional Super-hero attack ever (once the color fix was available to take the "dark energy" idiocy off it)
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 04:59:46 AM »
Claws, Shockwave.

It had good range for a scrapper, decent damage when slotted properly, and not to mention a fairly good cone radius for hitting everything in front of you, plus it recharged pretty swiftly considering how good of a power it was overall. Besides, knocking a dozen enemies on their butts at a time always made me smile. 8)

Only issues with it was when I got the occasional PuG where someone complained about knockback all the time... I'm knocking them on their butt so they can't attack us until they get back up, giving our team greater survivability when the team has no controller or the controller we do have isn't doing their job properly, and they're complaining? Sheesh...

Speaking of which, I swear there were times when my scrapper felt as much like a controller as he did a scrapper, particularly when I would occasionally respec to have Darkness Mastery(Something about Tenebrous Tentacles always drew me back to the set...)... Shockwave to knock 'em down, Tenebrous Tentacles to keep 'em rooted, Petrifying Gaze to hold a particularly nasty mob (Such as a Sapper or Quantum) plus the IO in Focus that had a chance to hold enemies, not to mention it's knockdown and the fact that Focus recharged ridiculously fast for as powerful as it was.... Heck, with Hasten up, there were times I juggled enemies to death and they never got off a single attack on me... Still, I think Shockwave was the key opening attack to any attack chain I put together with all the various powers I had.