Author Topic: The very first hero you ever made in the game?  (Read 18744 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
The very first hero you ever made in the game?
« on: June 07, 2013, 12:33:54 AM »
You buy the CD, or download, install - log in for the first time ever -

what did you make?

I made an energy / energy blaster called Radiation Dude - which was a complete rip visually of the Simpson's Radioactive Man.

I think I got him to level 8 or 10 or something and then deleted him.

In fact the first the 3 or 4 toons I made I deleted since I didn't like them much. Like my MA/SR scrapper - back when MA sucked.

Of course this was back in May 2004 - a lot of things have changed since then.

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
Re: The very first hero you ever made in the game?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 12:38:21 AM »
My first was Psifire a mutant Force Field/Psionic Blast Defender. While my first he probably took the longest to get to 50... and was the last 50 I ever achieved I believe. My Illusion/Radiation controller quickly over took him and she became my main.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 12:58:49 AM »
I immediately created two characters

tank-Luftballon

inv/ss

The other
MA/SR scrapper-Schlagendes

Both 50 shortly after i7 but Schlagendes got deleted by i8, due to issues with SR. It would not be until i13 period before another SR is made.

Luftballon lived until the end and joined the other 98 luftballons and all 99 went into the sky with Nena singing. Gold Finger was in attendence. (in storyline).

Klendarin

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 01:30:39 AM »

I made an energy / energy blaster called Radiation Dude - which was a complete rip visually of the Simpson's Radioactive Man.

I think I got him to level 8 or 10 or something and then deleted him.

I also went energy / energy blaster with Fusion Girl, a teenager who gained her powers following a mishap with a tanning bed.  Like Doc, I leveled her for a while then hit delete...perhaps the start of my incurable altitis.
AKA @Great_Cthulhu, Kelvoro, Virtue Server

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 01:42:21 AM »
I made a burly pirate named Jolly Rodger, Broad Sword/Super Reflexes Scrapper.  Got him to level 8 before I started a new character on the server my friends were on (didn't know which server they were playing on when I rolled him and since the patch got done in the wee hours it's not like an IM/e-mail would get answered right away).

This new character was Agent Kei, modeled after Kei of the Dirty Pair (my friends were all anime buffs) and she too was a Scrapper (our foursome needed a Scrapper) but Martial Arts/Super Reflexes.  A few days later I made my namesake, an Ice/Ice Tank.  Then a couple of days after that, Issue 2 happened.

Stupid floating eyeballs with teeth.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Optimus Dex

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 02:08:54 AM »
A claws /regen scrapper named TomCat.  But the first night I made about 6 different characters . Altitsis struck early and often with me.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 02:20:27 AM »
Elec/Elec/Elec (later Mu) Blaster named BluePulse (lack of space deliberate), loosely based on one of my old text-based roleplay characters.

I never deleted him, but I didn't get him to 50 until only a couple of days before the game closed.

(If the game came back but I had to start my characters over, I'd probably remake him either as a MA/Elec/Mu Scrapper or an Elec/Martial/Elec Blaster instead, both of which are closer to the old RP version)

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 02:20:43 AM »
Claws/Regen scrapper, Crimson Nomad.  Didn't... really hit it off.  Made Ruby Dawn, Mind/Emp 'Troller, and that was it, my main until CoV happened.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 02:29:44 AM »
El Habenero. Fire/fire tank. It was on a friend's account, and it was probably a year on my own account before I rebuilt him. When the lights went out, he was still in the low 20s. My global was Commander Boxershorts, tho. I wish I had a screeny for him, but I'll let your imaginations run with that one. Think Captain Underpants meets Sloth from The Goonies.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 03:06:10 AM »
My superpowered self :P
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Crowne

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 03:24:34 AM »
CirCus MaxxiMus...He was an Electric/Fire Blaster, and everyone made sure to remind me that I had selected the worst blaster combo in the game.  I had SO much fun with him though, and up until shut down, he was still played every day.  And I miss him even now... :'(

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 03:28:19 AM »
My first was an electric/ice blaster called "The Blue Egyptian".   She never made it to level 50 but she did survive until the end of the game.

My second character, Ms Blue Eyes, was an invulnerable/energy melee tank.  She was my main hero. 

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 03:35:04 AM »
The very first character I ever created was a Dark Melee / Regen scrapper. After reading the descriptions those were the choices that seemd best suited to playing solo. Because back then I was still quiet and shy, and based on my recent experiences in WoW, "I don't want to spend time around the kind of knobs that play MMOs anyway". (Irony much? Hehe)

The costume I made was terrible. It was too dark, too bland, and I hadn't yet figured out that you could unlink the colors and use more than just two. Yikes. Sometime later a random passerby called me "Grape Girl", and I kinda got the hint it was time for a makeover.....

Also, sadly, the name I wanted was taken. And the second one, and the third and fourth. Finally I said "aww pancake it" and just pulled a random name out of my - umm, out of the air. "Triplash". As I said it out loud a few times, the name sounded... well it sounded stupid, really. But I was like, come ON, just start it already! Surprise surprise, a random made-up word wasn't taken, so away I went into Outbreak. (Side note: it took me a year and a half, plus returning after a couple months break, to finally like that name. Love it now though.)

I did everything wrong. I barely made enough inf to keep myself in SOs, I slotted Brawl and Sprint, I picked terrible powers because they sounded like fun, I grinded my entire 30s levels against green- and blue-con enemies because I was so newb it hurt, and at long last I finally dinged 50 with a hot mess of random enhancements that a level 40 would be ashamed to still be using.

.......And it was a BLAST!!!  I'd do it all again in a heartbeat! ;D

Energy Aura

• Boss
  • Mids' "Data Entry Drone"
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 03:45:48 AM »
First guy I made was also an Energy/Energy Blaster.  Did multiple runs in PP (2004) and deleted him several times as I played with travel powers etc.  Finally got it right and my signature hero Energy Aura, (yes they named a set after me too) was born.

Second was a Empathy/Energy Defender.  Those were some leveling days for that one.  Healers were the rage in the early days.  She made it to 50 before my main...Sad but true...

Arnabas

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 04:09:18 AM »
Maiden Canada, a classic Inv/ SS Tanker. I wanted a Superman-like  character, but then decided I liked the concept of a girl in her early teens with that kind of power, who villains would underestimate upon looking at her, only o be surprised when she'd easily kick their butts.

She was my first and in many ways my best character. She was the last one I played, just as the servers were shut down.

Sigh.

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 04:14:48 AM »
My first character was an Elec/Elec Blaster.  He never got past Kings Row because it was there that I saw an Energy Blaster.  Of course at that time, I had no idea how both powerset compared to each other.  However, Energy blasts' effects were way more powerful looking and sounding.  Pshoosh...BAM! Knockback!  :D  While Electric was a lame Pzzst...Orgasmic shiver! :P  I slept on it and then made an Energy/Dev the next day.  The Elec/Elec hung around on the shelf for a couple of months before I delete him. 

To this day, I have found almost every Electric type powerset's offensive powers to be aurally disappointing.  Electric Melee's Lightning Rod is the only exception.
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

Mysterious J

• Minion
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 04:16:55 AM »
A Fire/Fire Tanker named Magma Maid just after Beta.  I think I got her to about 6 before altitis set in....   I eventually did get a Fire/Fire Tank to 50 as part of a Burn Tanker project, about six months before shut-down, but I never really (ahem) warmed to it.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 04:42:11 AM »
My first character was in CoV, Der Zilla, a claws/SR stalker. I wasn't terribly fond of the game until I found out there was a Heroes version of it, and my first hero was Aggelakis! Empathy/archery defender, instantly my main and probably the best version of her I've played in any game. (she's a staple character that gets rolled in any game I play, no matter the format or genre, as some sort of "support" style)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 04:46:47 AM »
My first character was an ice/ice Dominator named Frozen Chains (because I liked using the chain-wrap boots, gloves, etc., and I couldn't think of anything at the time).  I joined shortly after the CoV launch, so this was before Domination was upgraded. 

She got deleted fairly quickly once I discovered Corruptors, but I always wanted to find a Dom that I liked because of her.

Oddly enough, I HAD a couple Doms in progress that might've been a Good Fit for Me when NCsoft pulled the plug.   >:(

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2013, 05:41:46 AM »
My namesake; but there's a funny story there.

My account was actually in my son's name. He was 13 or so at the time, and wanted to play with a friend of his that had just gotten the game himself (It had just came out). He worked out extra chores for his allowance to cover it and he played for a few weeks and being a fan of super heroes and comic books, he told me I would love this game.

I wanted nothing to do with 'online games' or MMO's or anything else. I saw them as a way to take your money for something you didn't even own, and designed to waste your life away (I lost friends to 'Evercrack' in at the least a figurative sense and saw one divorce due to the effects of 'online' gaming and addictiveness at that point). I let my son play because I knew he would at least be monitored and allowed limited online time, in addition to his previously mentioned 'earned' ability to do so.

Well his interest waned for scheduling reasons (going out to play and actually interacting with others- which we encouraged) and his friend that actually started playing got involved in another game (WoW at launch- both of them played Warcraft). My son insisted I'd like this game though, and wanted me to try it.

Now, I'm a fan of werewolf films, literature (older myth and legends-compared to the stuff out there today). One of my favorites was originally the tale of the Bisclavret, a werewolf who was a hero regardless of his circumstances and Theiss of Keltenbrun who proclaimed to be a hero from the start. So just to get him off my case, I asked him "Fine. Could I play a werewolf?" and he said "There's nothing that says you can't, and the costume creator probably can pull off something close..." So I decided the 'best' hero I could make was one who could... should... be something evil and chose otherwise against all odds... (what, it was '04 and 'anti-heroes' were seeing a bit of a revival)

And so I made my namesake. Claws/Invul scrapper (because I didn't want to Wolverine out and get Regen. and figure Invul. made sense since nothing could hurt me but sliver bullets, right?- by the way, I never regretted that decision) I did it to humor him, to be honest, but found I actually enjoyed it. Not in the crazy kind of way that made me give up my life, but I had fun.

I soloed because I didn't want to get involved in the social aspects at first, but eventually met a few other people in my age range that I got along with. Through them I got into an SG (URA it was called- never knew what that stood for) and due to some kind of drama or another (that I ignored the hell out of to be honest, because I didn't know the people involved) a few of us and friends broke away and made the SG we still have today after Paragon's close. It, too, is not without its drama and stories but we shrugged a lot of that off and stuck together while the dramatic personae and others drifted off (or stuck through it) to form our SG and friends today.

City of never has 'dominated' my life. I have friends and family that always comes first, but I made strong friendships that have lasted over 8 years now and still grace my life with their existence but for the grace of the internet. Through moves, military deployments, job changes, and life changes, we've seen a lot. Most of it by avoiding the drama and accepting that we're a group of folks to just hang out with where you don't have to bring it, but we'll listen if you just have to, from time to time. Just don't be upset if we think it's stupid, and tell you ;)

It became an important, and relevant, part of my (our group's) lives. One I'm glad I've continued to have the pleasure of being a part of.

So, Lycantropus isn't the most creative character (just made the name up off the top of my head at the time) nor was it my most powerful (though he was close). It was my first, the one everyone calls me by (Lyc, for short) even to this day even when it wasn't the main character I played in teams with early on... It carried enough of me with it to make it connect that to me, I suppose.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks for the topic!

Lyc~ the historic werewolf