Author Topic: The very first hero you ever made in the game?  (Read 18771 times)

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
Re: The very first hero you ever made in the game?
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 07:29:00 AM »
My very first was a spines/regen scrapper by the name of Kalihma, on Victory. At the time I just picked a name from thin air that I thought sounded cool - it wasn't until some 25 levels later when some guy started quoting Indiana Jones at me while I was standing in Wentworths that I realised where my subconscious pulled that name from.

She was my first 50, too, though I never got around to getting incarnate stuff or a proper IO build for her.

Nightwatch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 08:40:23 AM »
1) Claws / Regen scrapper called Extant.  He had bug eyes and long long antannae.  Gold colouring that shaded into black from his chest up.

The backstory had to do with finding a mystic scarab which linked him to the ancient Egyptian God Khepri. In Egyptian mythology, the scarab beetle rolls balls of dung across the ground, an act that the Egyptians saw as a symbol of the forces that move the sun across the sky. Khepri was thus a solar deity. Young dung beetles, having been laid as eggs within the dung ball, emerge from it fully formed. Therefore, Khepri also represented creation and rebirth, and he was specifically connected with the rising sun and the mythical creation of the world. The Egyptian connected his name with the Egyptian language verb kheper, meaning "develop" or "come into being".

2) Illusion / Forcefield troller called Lightsmith.  He belonged to an intergalactic soiety of lghtsmiths that used their abilities to create light structures to police the universe.  Pretty ool guy that I genuinely only belatedly realised was my version of a Green Lantern!

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2013, 10:21:20 AM »
Hmm...First time I had a chance to try, I believe I made a Dark/regen scrapper named Kuroi Yuuki, or something like that.

When I finally had my own account, I made a Fire/Something scrapper named L'thes, who got deleted the moment I saw you could have bows.

Alt-itis hadn't struck me too hard yet.
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2013, 10:51:57 AM »
Hercules
Inv/SS Tanker.

I had just gotten into preorder beta, and the TV series "Hercules - The Legendary Journeys" was still very popular.
Even though it was still beta, I was very surprised the name wasnt taken by the earlier beta testers.

That was the name I reserved on Freedom for when the game went live.
--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

CheerGunbunny

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2013, 12:03:05 PM »
My name here, my global, my main (on Pinnacle.....didn't even start on another server till post-CoV)

AR/Dev blaster, loosely inspired by Julie Brown's "Homecoming Queen's Got A Gun"  Ton of fun, first 50, incarnated T4 everything...i hit 50 before ED with her....had so many powers 6-slotted with hami-Os, I never respecced.  EVER.  Did respec trials, sure.  Bounced a few SGs, ended up Carl and Sons. 

LydiaFrost

• Minion
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2013, 12:46:07 PM »
My first was Deathsong a Sound/Sound Corruptor
I had Howler from the Champions RPG Rulebook in Mind, but i didnt find the right powers. In Champions RPG you can start complete with Forcefield, Energy Blast and Flight.
She didnt get deletetd. but stopped at around 15, when I had trouble killing anything.

That was when Lydia was born.

I reactivated her at the last few weeks before Closure. but didnt get her to 50.

Lydia Frost MM

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2013, 01:28:38 PM »
Indigo Fey, my avatar on this site, apparently the name was taken so went with next lvl hero OzonePrime, for my name here. She's a katanna melee/super reflex mutant scrapper. Miss playing her the most!
Also, the alt I spent "the last day" with on Guardian. Have 12 hours of screenshots from Atlas Park on that day, up to 3 seconds before server blackout. Watch that slideshow often! Lots of fellow Guardianites in shots. Great memories!

adarict

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2013, 02:38:08 PM »
First time I logged in, right before I3, was my main character throughout the life of CoX, an Empathy/Electric Defender.  My first level 50, and still my most active character by the time of the shutdown.  It was also the character that cemented my enjoyment of playing Defenders in general.  I had never played an MMO before, so I didn't know anything about the idea of "having to be a healer".  Not knowing what I was doing ended up making me play my Defender more like a blaster who happened to also be able to heal and buff.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2013, 04:30:20 PM »
Infernus Hades, a Fire/Fire blaster. I played him for a very long time and would delete him and rebuild him as the years went by.

I have to say I loved the challenge of being a blaster the most in the game.

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2013, 05:06:57 PM »
Very first character?  That would have been a very short lived toon named PaganBlast. I know his primary was Energy...can't recall his secondary. Very poorly thought out (hey, I had no clue what I was doing at the time LOL).

Nebularian was my second attempt.  An Energy/Energy blaster.  Originally created on the Champion Server, but did not reach 50 until I moved him to Virtue...much later.   In fact, he was one of only two male toons that I ever got to 50.

I sorta felt silly the first time I made a female toon. But then learned that I could get into the character better (probably because I spent so long writing fan-fiction about female characters.) 

My first female toon was Nurse DarkLight.....and Emp/Dark Def that turned out to be my first 50.
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 05:19:40 PM »
<------- (minus the "07" bit, and later became "Knight'Hawk" when I moved to Freedom)

MA/SR Scrapper. That's not his original costume, though. Originally, he had the full Justice set except the gloves were just shiny/spikes, and had a domino mask. It changed a bit more over the years.

willowmanson

• Underling
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2013, 05:29:48 PM »
HotFlash...........I fire/fire blaster............He was my main from day 1 till the end......I hope to see him again one day

TheMindfulFool

• Underling
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2013, 05:32:27 PM »
Matchstick Man, I think was the very first. I didn't keep with him for very long cause I was like slotting rest a lot... but he was the first. Fire/Fire scrapper, I believe.

Sajaana

• Boss
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 05:39:04 PM »
Sajaana was my first character: a villain, since I received City of Villains first.  I was on Triumph first (2005) and was an energy/kinetics corruptor. I eventually migrated away from Triumph to Freedom, and from Freedom I went to Virtue, which became my permanent home.

I also created a Sajaana on Freedom about 2010 or so.  Same type of character.

I later created a hero Sajaana on Virtue the year of the shutdown, when we could create villain ATs on the Blueside.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2013, 05:49:24 PM »
Lightslinger, my forum name, global and main character was actually my first hero. I'd joined CoH during Issue 2 or 3 I think, but all I did was make some silly character and try the game out. I only played for a couple of days, it didn't really click.

Then during my hiatus I got inspired by the Gunslinger from The Dark Tower books, decided to roll up a superhero named "Lightslinger", planned the look out and resubbed to CoH during Issue 7. Lightslinger was an Energy/Energy Blaster on the Victory server, eventually moved to Virtue and was there for the last 10 or so Issues.

(sorry the graphics kinda suck, using Icon on an older comp of mine today)

This is Lightslinger's first look:

LS got a cape and aura as soon as possible, completing the "classic" look:

Some minor updates, new pant stripe, darker blue, starburst aura.

The big update done around Issue 20, this was his "main" costume until the lights went out:

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:11:46 PM by Lightslinger »

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2013, 06:01:41 PM »
My first was Amethystine Invul/mace tank, made early July 04 on Triumph, got to level 6, realised my RL friends were on Freedom, toon was level 8 at shutdown.

My next few toons all made 50 on Freedom:

Mr Minotaur - Stone/axe tank
Ms Blizzard - Ice/storm troller
TheoPWildebeest - nrg/nrg blaster
Psycho clown - Ill/kin troller
Pleasure demon - Fire/FF troller

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2013, 06:22:07 PM »
my first... :roll:
A faceless, striped dark purple/dark blue Gravity/FF Tech-Origin Controller, named Kinetos
After running (or sliding to be precise) around a bit I was given a few thousand inf 'cause another player liked my costume so much ;D
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

zendarin

• Minion
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2013, 07:05:20 PM »
My first was an En/En blaster named Gearloose. His costume was "inspired" by Iron Man's stealth suit. I never deleted him but due to altitis he never reached 50 (I think he reached level 34).

Cobra Man

• Boss
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2013, 07:30:40 PM »
My very first character was also an EN/EM Blaster. I gave him the catchy name of Ace Cobalt.....

I took him to mid teens and then to 50 several years later.

AlphaFerret

• Boss
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2013, 08:35:27 PM »
My first toon was a claw/sr scrapper named Alpha Ferret.  It took me almost a year to get him to 50.  I had no alts at the time.  Once he hit 50, I almost quit the game to go to wow.  I am so glad I stayed in Paragon City.