Author Topic: The very first hero you ever made in the game?  (Read 18778 times)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
Re: The very first hero you ever made in the game?
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2013, 03:21:22 AM »
By the way, it worked. I married that hot girl in 2006.

Before the shutdown, our kids had heroes in the game.

Oh snap! Rock on, GenericHero05! And congrats on starting yourself a supergroup :D

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2013, 08:37:06 AM »
Oh snap! Rock on, GenericHero05! And congrats on starting yourself a supergroup :D

Many thanks.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2013, 04:05:49 PM »
And they all have the same face... oneofusoneofusoneofus :-[

You can make them look sort of different by playing with the sliders, but that sadly takes a level of artistic skill few people possess. I wish they'd add some presets or something.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2013, 05:47:21 PM »
it's also a skill which is hidden. the sliders controlling head shape are hidden in a sub menu under the body size menu at the end of the customization menu. unless you're specifically looking for it, it's very easy to skip right past. And even then, it doesn't do much to change the face, just the shape of the head it's mounted on. eye shape, mouth shape, and skin texture remain largely the same
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Hellgeist

• Underling
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2013, 10:07:15 PM »
You can make them look sort of different by playing with the sliders, but that sadly takes a level of artistic skill few people possess. I wish they'd add some presets or something.

You can also set a facial expression/attitude on one of the last tabs, the one where you choose your standing/walking stance. There you can choose 'Determined', 'Angry', Happy, etc. Setting that makes a HUGE difference in your facial appearance, I use that one a lot. It takes your sliders and multiplies the possible combinations by about 6 times.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2013, 01:22:53 PM »
You can also set a facial expression/attitude on one of the last tabs, the one where you choose your standing/walking stance. There you can choose 'Determined', 'Angry', Happy, etc. Setting that makes a HUGE difference in your facial appearance ...
The problem is that they make a huge difference.  Seriously, those are the most over-the-top facial expressions I've ever seen.  Of them, I only ever finding myself using "normal" and "pleasant" because they're the only ones that don't seem to put your character through uncanny-valley levels of facial contortion.

Especially "Courageous."  *shudder*

Eyebrows do not work that way!

Lenya

• Underling
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »
Mine was KinThalas, an old character of mine in SpellForce 1. He was a claws/regen scrapper on Triumph, my first 50 and the one who had the honor to test new stuff in CoH. He went on with me to The Secret World and I certainly hope the two of us can either go back to CoH one day, or start over in a new superhero game.

@KinThalas

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2013, 09:51:19 AM »
First character I ever made was a Dark/Regen scrapper named Name Theft.  The name was suppose to be Modnar (random backwards)  because I just hit random a few times then was ready to create the character.  Sadly someone had already made a character with that name.  So I went with Name Theft.