Author Topic: www.cityofheroes.ca  (Read 12945 times)

CraZboy

• Minion
www.cityofheroes.ca
« on: April 01, 2013, 01:31:55 PM »
I know its April 1st, but, I assure all of you that this is not a joke!  The City of Heroes site is back online!!

As I did for Earth and Beyond, I have started to recreate the last known release of the City of Heroes web site. The site is far from finished, but, once the recreation is complete, I would like to add other pages that would bring together the other materials created by the community, so that its never lost.

I am far from finished. A site this size is never finished. However, I did manage to salvage ALL the videos, and ALL the screenshots from the City of Heroes web site. What you are seeing is each page recreated one by one. Yes, I loved this game, I pray that it will return to us very soon.

The one thing that really amazed me, is that, during the recreation of this site, I was able to read and view all the updates available in City of Heroes, and even after 8 years, I still haven't had the time to do it all. I teared up watching all the videos, and looking at the screenshots.

Also, I was able to recreate the Going Rogue web site. Its combines with this one, but I am missing ALL the screen shots, so if anyone has a copy of them, please let me know at crazboy@cityofheroes.ca. Just a reminder, this is a fan site. Its privately funded, and is not used for monatary gains. I do not accept donations .. well, I do, in the form of materials that I can use to improve the content of this site if you get my meaning. So, enjoy, be patient for the missing items and pages, it will be done when I can.

CraZboy
crazboy@cityofheroes.ca
http://www.cityofheroes.ca
http://www.cityofheroes.ca/going_rogue/

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
Re: www.cityofheroes.ca
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:57:22 PM »
You absolute genius. That is perfect.

As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 02:40:28 PM »
Bravo!  Nice Work!

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 03:14:19 PM »
I remember spending hours on your Earth and Beyond website! I don't know if you remember but when your forums were up I used to post there too (Proteus). I'd post updates about how the emulator was progressing. I was also Proteus on Galileo. At one point early in the EnB emu's history, Ayusaki (remember him?) was getting irritated about all the casual people getting nosey about the project. Several of the devs were too. Because up to that point, it was mostly just the devs and a few of us crazies who ran our local servers and sent in bug reports. So I remember Ayusaki was thinking about making the forums non-public. He never did that, but I was trying to talk him into directing all the casual fan chatter to your site, because it felt so much like our old home, and your forums looked just like the old forums. Seemed like a great idea! I remember looking for you but you were taking a break at that time. And then your forums got glitched. :'(

Long story short I thought you were the bee's knees like eight(?) years ago. You were always helpful. Now here you are, helping in some way to keep my second lost home alive too!  :D

Thank you so much for doing this!

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 03:19:56 PM »
That is a sight for sore eyes, my friend. Excellent work!

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 03:31:34 PM »
Wow, this is utterly fantastic.  It brings tears to my eyes.  I am so happy.  Thank you so much.

Long Live City of Heroes!!!!!

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 03:45:06 PM »
NICE!  Well done, friend!

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 03:53:35 PM »
Ended up clicking on the CoH: Freedom signup page and the first thing at the top of the page was this quote by PC Gamer magazine: "City of Heroes remains by far the best superhero MMO in
terms of content, systems and community.
" A glowing compliment by one of the world's most popular computer gaming publications.

I abhor pitchforks and torches and the mob. But this is why even I am moved to very choice words over NCSoft. This publisher might have some very smart people working in it, in fact I'm certain it does; but as a whole organization, as a business entity, NCSoft is just plain dumb and behaves erratically in spite of what are likely its best interests.

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 04:11:59 PM »
Wow, just Wow!
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 04:36:23 PM »
THIS IS AWESOME!

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 04:38:39 PM »
Best April First ever!
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 05:23:31 PM »
No joke dude, I teared up. I had to stop myself from clicking the play for free--because I know where that will end. But... it's beautiful. And wonderful. And if it disappears tomorrow I /will/ cry. But this is really wonderful. Navigating the site and not looking at that hateful announcement telling us to "fly free" stuff with the picture of States... Thank you. I sincerely mean that.

(I rather hate April Fools and mistrust everything on that day, but even if I can only get this for 24 hours, you've totally made my day. I really feel that it makes the game seem so much closer.)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 05:47:50 PM »
(I rather hate April Fools and mistrust everything on that day,

I thought it was gonna be a rickroll. I was gonna hurt someone if this had been a rickroll.

But it wasn't! It was an... honest-roll? ??? With awesome sauce :D

Littlemeg37

• Underling
  • @Rhi - Defiant
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 06:15:24 PM »
Oh WoW that's great!
@Rhi - Defiant

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 06:20:57 PM »
Although it's not the game coming back itself, it's indeed a great piece of news being able to log in again in the site... my compliments!
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 06:35:11 PM »
I thought it was gonna be a rickroll.
We'll have to file this under "missed opportunity."  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 06:43:53 PM »
Did anyone else Click the link to the forums, hoping it would work? :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 06:50:16 PM »
I thought it was gonna be a rickroll. I was gonna hurt someone if this had been a rickroll.

But it wasn't! It was an... honest-roll? ??? With awesome sauce :D

I stay off youtube during this day. Too much rickroll foolery on this day. Wish people got a bit more creative but hey, not all brains are creative enough to come up with something outside the current trends.
But when I get a chance I will watch this link.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 06:57:57 PM »
But when I get a chance I will watch this link.

Watch? Oh no it's not a video, sorry if I made it sound that way. It's not any kind of joke either. He's gone and recreated the game's official website. Nearly perfect too! It's well worth checking out. :)

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 07:03:24 PM »
Did anyone else Click the link to the forums, hoping it would work? :)

I did V_V