Author Topic: www.cityofheroes.ca  (Read 12995 times)

CraZboy

• Minion
Re: www.cityofheroes.ca
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 12:48:33 AM »
I'm happy that you all like this site....
Its built to preserve what was ..
Yes, all the comic books are there, the screenshots, the videos.

In time, once I have finished the site, I will reach out to the community, and perhaps I'll host your own videos and screenshots, stories and more.
I really want to preserve as much of City of Heroes as possible.

Did anyone save the Going Rogue screenshots?  I could use them if you have them.

This is for all of us.

CraZboy
www.cityofheroes.ca
www.cityofheroes.ca/going_rogue

SeaLily

• Lieutenant
  • green hair
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2013, 01:01:39 AM »
It won't let me sign up for an account and download and play the game, please fix this, tia
green hair

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2013, 03:15:39 AM »
Very charming. Must have taken a bit of 'midnight oil' creating HTML code to put  this together.

...I suppose this could be expanded with input from all of us.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2013, 05:00:59 AM »
Did anyone save the Going Rogue screenshots?  I could use them if you have them.
Some of them might have been uploaded to Paragon Wiki for use in various articles.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Peregrine Falcon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2013, 08:26:52 AM »
Did anyone else Click the link to the forums, hoping it would work? :)
It was the first thing that I clicked on.

Now if Crazy could perhaps link that to the titan boards (with Tony's permission of course) and perhaps some of the other fan boards...
I agree.
Paragon City refugee - "We're heroes, it's what we do."

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2013, 12:29:30 PM »
I'm not gonna be too quick to say Crazy should do this or that. It's been a few years since I've messed around with HTML, but I still know that this was a lot of work and a huge investment of time.

Thank you, Crazy. I'm sorry that I don't have anything to offer in the way of assistance. I'm OK with Java, but I never got the hang of JavaScript or Flash. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2013, 12:59:19 PM »
If anything, this is advertising 'City of Heroes' on the web; any word put out is good for getting our  effort to save the game out there. Maybe this will add recruits to our cause. :roll:

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2013, 07:03:54 PM »
Whoa...

At first I thought all of you saying how emotional you were getting when visiting this site were over-reacting a bit.

Then I visited the site.

:'(

First place I went was News > Server Status.

Damn!

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2013, 07:05:28 PM »
Well, that part is accurate... ;)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2013, 10:31:40 PM »
So I wasn't the only one who clicked on "Server Status".  It was a wish, hoping to come true. 

Regardless, the website is fantastic.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2013, 11:20:57 PM »
It looks great.  Now I am sad though lol

Desmartica

• Underling
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2013, 11:38:41 PM »
Did anyone else Click the link to the forums, hoping it would work? :)

Guilty

Golden Ace

• Boss
  • Moon Zone Damn it!
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2013, 12:51:13 AM »
I also did this.

First thing I clicked.... :-[

Cobra Man

• Boss
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2013, 02:43:34 AM »
You have my sincere thanks for doing this Crazy.

If you need any screenshots etc, just ask. I'm sure there will be no shortage of volunteers in that respect :)

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2013, 07:08:06 AM »
Thanks, thats very awesome.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2013, 08:50:34 AM »
This is definitely cool, but it makes me really, really sad.
Woo! - Argent Girl

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2013, 10:17:39 AM »
Re: all the comments about the forums, when he remade the Earth and Beyond website, CraZyboy put his own forums up which looked EXACTLY like the official forums had looked, every section, everything. I know it would be easier for him just to link here and I haven't got a clue what he'll do this time--but I will tell you... posting on CraZyboy's EnB forum had to have been one of the most calming, mood-uplifting things. :)

(which is why I still wish he'd fix them! :P )

CraZboy

• Minion
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2013, 10:34:01 AM »
Well thank you dude .. yeah, I do my best to recreate as close as possible .. and I am working on getting the look of the original forums for Coh up as close as possible as well, problem is that the original forums were done under vBulletin v3.x .. and I have lost my customer number .. waiting on vBulletin to respond to my e-mail to recover it .. and I will say this, once I get it, both the City of Heroes forums and Earth and Beyond forums will be back to their normal glory so we can spend hours watching Satanic Hamster post all of his pony pictures again and again and again and again ...

Damn .. I sure could use a Nemesis powerleveling mission in Grandville right about now .. Perhaps give Lord Recluse a slap in the face .. I sooo miss my Mini CrabSpider

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »
That is so AWESOME!!!

Oh and by the way heroes, Earth and Beyond is still an awesome game--even moreso than before because the emulator devs have added 3 new classes (which had been slated for Live before the game closed), plus new areas to explore, and out-of-game web-based tools that were never seen or heard of back in Live. As of late 2012 it is officially out of Beta and is "Now Live" (as opposed to Old Live--such terminology is useful during balance discussions). Your characters will never be wiped.

Account sign-up/management: http://www.net-7.org/
Community: http://forum.enb-emulator.com/

Even if you don't want to play, go check out the News and Announcement forum (regular patch notes there and in the community-built launcher), the Roleplaying forum, Technical Support, Game Master Public Support and so on. Check out the codes of conduct for players, GMs and devs, and the Player Advocate program which all provide checks and balances against exploits at the bottom and abuses of power at the top.

Done? Now for you doubters, every time you doubt what this community could do to create and maintain a community server and player support, I want you to remember that the Earth and Beyond team did it and does it with a fraction of the people and resources this community has.  :)

And one more thing.

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2013, 08:25:58 PM »
...Thank you...Thank you so much. Now I can proudly put a City of Heroes website back in my bookmark bar without fear of seeing that (large number of expletive) "send-off" garbage that THEY left us with. Really...This is amazing.
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html