Author Topic: If City of Heroes came back what might stop you?  (Read 61170 times)

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
Re: If City of Heroes came back what might stop you?
« Reply #220 on: February 08, 2015, 04:23:48 PM »
I will definitely miss the pile of vet rewards that are available for each noob I create, but I will be coming back regardless. 

I played from about 10 days after go-live, to the end (except for the last day...I just could not bring myself to watch the servers go-offline), had 25 L50 characters, many at various levels of Incarnate abilities.  My son started playing when he was about 6, and also played to the end, so he was practically raised on it.  By the end, he had a lot more than myself tied up in the markets, and crafting, but I can tell you that nothing will stop either of us from returning on day 1!

Besides, if you don't concentrate too much on what you lost, sometimes starting over can be fun in its own way.  Eventually we will all get back to where we were, and imagine all the fun you will have getting there!  Perhaps by then, the 1.5, and 2.0 versions of the game will be in Beta, and imagine how great that will be!
What was no more, is now reborn!

UruzSix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2015, 01:57:03 AM »
I'm hip-deep in Guild Wars 2 and Guild Wars 2 roleplay these days, I adore my sylvari to pieces. That said, there's no question I'd be back. I miss my widow and my animatronic superhero, I've never been able to properly re-build them elsewhere. I'd just have to split my time wisely between the two games.  :o

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #222 on: March 02, 2015, 01:55:03 PM »
I think the only things that would DETER me from coming back (not stop me completely, but would definitely leave a sour taste in my mouth) would be things like:

1.) A monthly pay system that was just unreasonably expensive. To the point where my finances would be all "...Okay, ouch."

2.) I know there were rumblings and talks of this earlier on, and I'm not sure if anything is concrete or set in stone with this...but I wouldn't want to see other toons from the other successor projects having the ability to come over to COH, and vice-versa. While I wish all of the other gaming titles in the superhero MMORPG genre the best of luck, I think everyone should just stay in their lane and remain separate games, lore and all.

3.) Any type of set-up with NCSoft (after the deal has gone through, assumingly) where if they want to pull the plug on the game like they did before, they have the power/authority to do so. Of course, beggars can't be choosers and I'll take whatever deal comes my way, as long as I get to play in Paragon again...but aside from them having certain creative jurisdiction over stuff and having their logo on everything, I would be nervous to know that they retained THAT much control over things.
Viva la Virtue!

Ghostly

• Underling
« Reply #223 on: March 03, 2015, 10:58:05 AM »
"NCsoft" and "Korean politics" are definitely the most likely deterrents to actually never make me go back to COX.
But ppl found the solution didn't they ?

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #224 on: March 05, 2015, 05:29:08 PM »
If all the NPC's were turned into Teddy Bears, I would have to find another game.
Teddy Bears!  Come on people!

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #225 on: March 06, 2015, 10:00:59 PM »
If I was unable to find a good group or manage to get my old group back together. We had an amazing group of around 4-8 people at any given time that was on practically every night, and we did move on to other games but nothing stuck and eventually life happened and we drifted apart.

I loved CoH, but after so many years the game was not what was keeping me there. The people were. As much as I want it back, as often as I check the progress on negotiations, I just have this feeling that it will never be even close to the same.

HeatSpike1

• Boss
  • CoH Global: @HeatSpike1
« Reply #226 on: March 25, 2015, 10:46:30 PM »
No more updates or new content? don't care. I can play the game in i23 for years to come, there's so much content and it's different each time with a new character.

If all character data was lost? Not a problem.  I think it would be refreshing to start all over, it's kind of like we all have access to CoH for the first time again on launch day! Plus remaking your characters isn't a problem.

If NCSoft was involved? I would be cautiously pessimistic.  Of course I would have to jump back in and try it out but I would fear that it would end again just like 2012. 

Pretty much nothing else would cause me to NOT return..

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #227 on: March 26, 2015, 12:48:42 AM »
If there wasn't free-to-play and the subscription price was too steep.  I guess I could give up eating, to save money, so that works, never mind.

HeatSpike1

• Boss
« Reply #228 on: March 26, 2015, 01:05:43 AM »
If there wasn't free-to-play and the subscription price was too steep.  I guess I could give up eating, to save money, so that works, never mind.

Just do a few eating and drinking emotes in game. As long as your logging enough hours (which shouldn't be a problem) maybe you can trick your subconscious into believing you're being fed!

artbunker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2015, 06:40:53 PM »
The Four Horsemen Riding, World War 3, Economic Collapse.

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2015, 08:57:37 PM »
* A large asteroid smacks into the earth in the town where I live.

* The power company cuts off my electricity just before the game went live.  Oh wait!!  I got battery backup NVM. :D
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

HeatSpike1

• Boss
« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2015, 09:51:51 PM »
damn I wan't this game to come back!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #232 on: March 26, 2015, 11:20:03 PM »
Nothing short of death or homelessness!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2015, 05:40:57 AM »
Too bad they can't do a board game even.  Something, man, I'm strung-out.  You don't understand.  I need my fix.  Somebody send me a tell.

HeatSpike1

• Boss
« Reply #234 on: April 10, 2015, 08:47:13 PM »
2.) I know there were rumblings and talks of this earlier on, and I'm not sure if anything is concrete or set in stone with this...but I wouldn't want to see other toons from the other successor projects having the ability to come over to COH, and vice-versa. While I wish all of the other gaming titles in the superhero MMORPG genre the best of luck, I think everyone should just stay in their lane and remain separate games, lore and all.

totally agree.  let each title be their own.  I'd be perfectly fine with letting CoH come back as issue 23 or 24 (even if it never developed or changed again).  Instead of merging with the successor titles and completely changing the game and the reasons we loved it. There's more than enough content to run through.  If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2015, 11:33:17 PM »
If it came back but we weren't able to do anything except run around and chat.
Actually, on second thought....  ;D
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Power Play

• Minion
  • Liberty Eagle-Virtue/Power Play-Guardian
« Reply #236 on: July 07, 2015, 01:47:08 AM »

One thing may stop me from EVER coming back to CoH.

I hated the invention system and totally despised the incarnate levels.  Unless I wanted to do incarnate missions, grind, craft, and all that garbage, I couldn't even have my characters work out with my SG mates in the arena, because my character was so gimped compared to theirs.  The whole thing which made CoH different, when it first came out, was there was NO CRAFTING and no having to find/purchase special items, just to be competitive.  DOs and SOs ruled.

I had limited playtime, due to taking care of my disabled wife and my kids.  The last thing I wanted to do was have to collect sets of enhancements and IOs.

Vr2Lrose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #237 on: July 07, 2015, 04:10:20 AM »
the community would be the desiding factor if there was no rp or costume contests
or if all the rp was Elitist (looking down on steriotypes of characters even if the rp quality is good) like it often is in other mmos that have rp these days.

I don't mind a fresh start on characters/bases  heck i might prefer it. Rebuying everything eould be a meh but its a livable cost. and id probibly VIP anyhow.

Crindon85

• Underling
« Reply #238 on: July 07, 2015, 04:37:25 PM »
Nothing that I can see would stop me from coming back to Paragon City.. Even if NcSoft was at the helm or not.. I dont care.. the possibility of being able to fly/jump around the city is by far the one thing that trumps everything else