Author Topic: Project Awakened  (Read 16087 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Project Awakened
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 05:01:26 AM »
The way I played, they were.  I've always loved summons, and CoH was the first and only game to do pets right.

I'm a fan of summons, but I prefer them to be largely autonomous and I certainly don't want them to be a couple of levels lower than me and by extension a good deal lower than the enemy.  A pet that just gets smooshed is a worthless irritation. 
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 02:00:14 AM »
Another update explaining more stuff

Video shows character creation prototype and some power prototypes.  Includes eye lasers.

BenRGamer

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 05:00:27 AM »

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 03:04:24 AM »
Some more information about powers, also they're going to have an AMA on reddit tomorrow:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1312036782/project-awakened/posts/406394

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 03:31:40 AM »
I was just reading the update email.  Customizeable attacks is interesting.
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 04:22:03 AM »
Reminds me of the create a custom hero stuff in Freedom Force.  Except this is the whole point of the game.

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 07:56:24 PM »
AMA is up, stuff is being answered.

The one reason Project Awakened keeps going is our passion to it. Even now, all our guys are working around the clock on kickstarter, not because we force them to, but because they love the idea and want it to happen

If we weren't super passionate about making this game happen, it would have died a long time ago. It would have died early in Midway greenlight committees. It would have died in executive reviews. It would have died when Midway shut down. We just keep forcing the idea to live because we see so much potential in it.
If the kickstarter doesn't happen, we will still find a way to make it live. It will just take more time.

Again, this game has many features, and we want to expose all of them on first beta release. Worst case scenario and Phosphor gets hit by a stray Russian meteorite after the kickstarter release, the game could easily continue through modders growing it to be whatever.

rianfrostdrake

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 05:39:37 AM »
OK, I just came here to post about this.  good to see its been covered.  Given how much I said a single player coh would be my dream game,i hopped on this fast.  will try to spread the word on the CO grounds too.

BenRGamer

• Underling
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 06:38:50 PM »
Here's another attempt to get publicity for this project,

Mass Twitter:
https://twitter.com/CynicalBrit

Goal: A "WTF is Project Awakened!" review by Total Biscuit! It's gonna happen in 28 mins... get on twitter, or create one... we'll do this!

Denmark
GMT+0100, and 08:00 PM! (27 mins from now)

Let's show him that we mean it! All those in favor, please do it!

/Casper

BenRGamer

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2013, 06:09:15 AM »

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 04:33:52 AM »
I just had an email from one of two City of Heroes SG's where we're keeping in touch (tho rarely see one another here on Titan) who just alerted me to this.   I am glad this is being discussed here.   8)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

kongman

• Underling
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2013, 06:50:20 PM »
I am a huge forum stalker and never post anything here so excuse my "uno post" status. I finally created an account just to post about this and found that you guys already have done so! But really, how awesome does this look? Obviously there is a whole lot of work that needs to be done still, but the overall concept is well, new.  A little searching tells me it kind of plays out as instanced missions rather than a more 'gigantic area for every hero to go to'. So that kind of has me a tad worried, as I enjoy how CoH had the whole MMO feel to it, whereas this seems more like Guild Wars (which isn't a bad thing), except cooler. 

I absolutely love customization in games and this really takes it to that next level that the other Plan Z projects are hopefully aiming for as well. I hope these games revolutionize the gaming industry and go away from that "if it works, don't change it" mentality. Because I have played so many WoW clones, i'm a bit turned off from online gaming now. I think Project Awakened (and the other hero projects) will change that. Granted were a few years away from them coming to us.

Long story short, back this bad boy up with a few bucks!

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2013, 07:44:14 PM »
Okay, that video, showcasing a "tank" with bullets just bouncing off of him and a "mentalist" making the enemies fight each other ... now I'm starting to get interested.

rianfrostdrake

• Underling
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 06:59:53 AM »
you know. one thing for this game.  given that this game has such a heavy emphasis on moddability, this really might be a stable platform for the project phoenix folks to look at.  would clear out a lot of the heavy lifting and allow them to focus on actually making mods to bring back some of the coh feel.  just a thought.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 09:03:28 PM »
Is this really an FPS? I know there's 3rd person FPS games but this feels more like it uses auto-targeting. Or semi-auto anyhow. If not, the game really needs a targeting reticle.

And if anything, this reminds me more of Bioshock than CoH. Though Bioshock could probably be traced back to the Jedi Knight games. You get conventional weapons as your main attacks, but with powers that you could use as wildcards without even putting the gun away. In Jedi it was all very force-centric, but Bioshock's powers were pretty interesting. Fire, ice, lightning, psycho-kinetics (pull an object to you and then throw it at someone - pretty sure you could catch bullets in a mind vortex and throw them back too), insect swarms, wind, illusions, hypnosis, hacking...

Btw, that mentalist demo... I don't think you actually 'confuse' the targets and watch the fur fly. I think you actually invade their minds and temporarily take control of their bodies, from their perspective. That's pretty darned cool.

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 11:49:14 PM »
Here's the latest Update with a link showing examples of modding that will be available to the community.

like it uses auto-targeting.
On of the examples (particularly the ranged weapons), you can see a little "+" at the center of the screen, so it appears to be your basic FPS targeting.
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 12:08:24 AM »
Is this really an FPS? I know there's 3rd person FPS games but this feels more like it uses auto-targeting. Or semi-auto anyhow. If not, the game really needs a targeting reticle.

This is really really really early prototype stuff, so not everything would be in.

Here's the latest Update with a link showing examples of modding that will be available to the community.

GIANT ENEMY CRAB, HIT WEAK POINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!!!!

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
Re: Project Awakened: Closest thing to CoH I've Seen Yet
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2013, 12:08:12 AM »
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1312036782/project-awakened
Project Awakened is being developed by Phosphor Studios which if I'm correct involves a lot of the same team from Psi Ops which was a pretty solid game. This is definitely something to keep an eye on.

!!!!!!!!! The Psi Ops team is still out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man that is the best news I have heard in awhile.  I have been waiting for several years sense Psi Ops to hear something new from these guys.  I was hoping Psi Ops 2 but anything would work and be awesome.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2013, 03:42:39 PM »
Alright checked out project awakened. It looks like more like a call of duty game skinned with hero. Or rather more accurately looks alot like something made from the game Bioshock. Not saying it's a good or bad thing, neutral. But think they will get that last 300,000 and some change in 6 days? But it's nice to see an effort for a single player based game that is of the super hero genre. Just wish some of the current offerings or more future offerings offered the best of both worlds. One could play solo with nothing, I mean nothing at all gated for them nor against them with no bonuses for them nor bonuses that they lack for not teaming

While at the same time, being able to join up with a team when ever a person feel like if they choose with nothing at all gated for or against them with no bonuses for them nor bonues that they lack for not soloing.

That would be my heaven but is probably someone else hell that might team not for chat, or socialization, or to be with friends or even care about the team members, but merely to use them to level quickly due to the xp and inf bonuses certain games gave to teaming compared to soloing.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2013, 06:04:02 PM »
Project Awakened will come out regardless of meeting the goal/deadline. The Kickstarter is to fund a full development team full-time instead of having their current development team doing this in their spare time like they've been doing so far.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal