Author Topic: How are you handling the loss?  (Read 187353 times)

Inkitgee

• Underling
  • Realignment!? But I am a HERO.
Re: How are you handling the loss?
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2012, 11:34:44 AM »
I feel you on that one Tahliah.  Me and Sary were playing earlier today on CO and we kept screaming at our computers.  We were seriously missing Paragon.  The ease of getting into a group, the ease of getting mishes done and not pulling our hair out because we just kept dying so much and were unable to finish what we started.

Ugh.

I don't want to play any other game.  I'm finding it very hard to go back to any other game.  WoW doesn't cut it... CO is just pretty and I have no desire for DCUO... I really don't.  I miss my emotes, I miss my base and I miss looking at all the effort I put into the game.  It's getting to the point where I don't want to hear about anything else, I just want my virtual home back!

I was invited to a CoH meet and greet today in Raleigh-Durham and I received some nice merchandise, (shirts and a small figurine of Widow) and a few more maps to put up on my wall.  The general mood was unanimous in wishing Paragon was still around.

CoX has a standard that other games honestly can't match.  If another game ever did match it I'd be surprised and I'd be willing to try it out, but I don't see that happening... or perhaps I'm just being stubborn?

I've been busy getting all the music I can from the game and saving it on my computer so I can listen to it whenever I want.  It helps me with my fan art.

I've been working on images of me and my supergroup in AP33 during the protest.  I keep thinking about how we wanted to get into AP1 but it was slam full so we settled on 33 xD

I suppose I'm not handling it?  Hrm.

Celtic Lass

• Minion
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2012, 12:17:35 PM »
New poster here...

For me dealing with the loss of CoX has kind of been a roller coaster.  One day I think, "Okay, it's getting easier.   I'm doing better about all this", than the next I either read an article or see a fan video and I find my eyes welling up again.  I think it will be awhile for all of us, to be honest.  This has always been one of the best community involved games ever in my MMO experience... and City of Heroes was my first and most beloved.

At the moment, I have been staying offline for the most part and have had no interest in playing another MMO or a pseudo replacement for City of Heroes... to be honest the idea of "replacing" just seems repugnant to me.  So, right now I have been playing old console games for nostalgia sake and to try and keep my mind off of the loss of CoX.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you, my favorite gaming community ♥
"Yes, and then I'm going to marry Bob Dole and raise penguins in Guam."

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2012, 04:34:55 PM »
So, I haven't played a game since and I get my City of Heroes fix from posting at this point, hopefully from helping other people out, notably in the demorecord subforum.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2012, 04:54:09 PM »
Welcome, Celtic. Very much what we're all going through. Pull up a chair and join in the fight.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2012, 04:57:20 PM »
I. Miss. Flying.  I miss regular flight, and I miss my rocket/hover board.  I loved that hoverboard thing so much.

I'm with you on everything you said, and this point especially. My thing was mostly super jumping and I miss it like crazy. I could spend literally hours at a time just super jumping or ninja running around, it was that much fun. I only had a handful of flyers, but when I saw that Void Skiff from the second super pack set... uggggghhhhh... I wanted it sooooo bad.

New poster here...

Howdy! Welcome to the forums.

*looks at your avatar*

Oooh! Looks like our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is here! Awesome :D

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2012, 09:48:32 PM »
I promised a tutortial for my group-demo, and here it is!

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7244.0.html
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Celtic Lass

• Minion
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2012, 10:55:00 PM »
Welcome, Celtic. Very much what we're all going through. Pull up a chair and join in the fight.

Thank you.  Oh yeah.  I've been leaving text gifties on NCSoft's Korean Facebook to relieve some of my frustrations.  I'm in it for the long haul.  ;D

Howdy! Welcome to the forums.

*looks at your avatar*

Oooh! Looks like our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is here! Awesome :D

I went through death and destruction in a TF for that hat.  No way was that ever coming off my main's head!  (And having 'Amy' around wasn't half bad either)
"Yes, and then I'm going to marry Bob Dole and raise penguins in Guam."

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2012, 11:07:12 PM »
At least until the end of the year I will not be playing any MMO. I'm not real impressed with what else is out there and I am not in any real hurry to play something else.

Electro

• Underling
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2012, 11:20:37 PM »
Very badly.   >:(

I'm playing World of Warcraft on the Exodar server.  The guild I'm in is <HELLBENT>.

WoW is nowhere near CoH in quality, but the <HELLBENT> guild does have a lot of CoH refugees.  The community is awesome, "adult content" only, believe me.

The game is playable.  A bit boring, but playable.  The level grinding is fairly atrocious.  No IOs, no slots, etc.  But it's playable.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:27:26 PM by Shapeshifter »

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2012, 11:38:33 PM »
I went through death and destruction in a TF for that hat.  No way was that ever coming off my main's head!  (And having 'Amy' around wasn't half bad either)

Totally understandable. It's a glorious piece of headgear, well worth spreading around a little death and destruction to get. And Amy's pretty decent company too, yeah :)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2012, 12:47:20 AM »
I promised a tutortial for my group-demo, and here it is!

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7244.0.html

I love you.  I'd offer to have your children, but they took the factory out a long time ago.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2012, 01:12:47 AM »
VV, you're gonna make me blush :)

Heh, thank you. I really hope it comes in handy!

Oh, by the way, I dig that particular Dido song. But then, there's not a Dido song I've come across that I don't dig on some level.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2012, 02:46:56 AM »
I still am not looking at screenshots. I have tested one demo to make sure I did it right. (Did not try to do so before the game was ending.)

I have been enjoying Champions Online a lot, to be honest. I just got to Monster Island this weekend and a fellow ex-COHer friend of mine helped me take down the robot T-Rex that wanders around there which was pretty fun.

I miss my characters, but I have been able to remake some of them in CO.

And as much as it hurts to know that it's not likely I'll ever fly around in Paragon City again, the thing that really kind of hurts is how so many of my friends are either moving onto games I don't care for or giving up gaming entirely.

I miss them more than the game, to be honest.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2012, 03:25:14 AM »
I think I am going to try learning what I can do with all the demorecords I made over the last monthish.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

faith.grins

• Boss
  • Split your lungs with blood and thunder.
« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2012, 03:42:31 AM »
And as much as it hurts to know that it's not likely I'll ever fly around in Paragon City again, the thing that really kind of hurts is how so many of my friends are either moving onto games I don't care for or giving up gaming entirely.

I miss them more than the game, to be honest.
I know what you mean.  I miss the Pinnbadges channel about as much as I miss playing my Doms.
Aram:  "Man, just look at all this.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that we get to live surrounded by such wonder."
Gamal:  "We don't live over there." Aram:  "We don't?"
Gamal:  "No.  We live over there." Aram:  "... But it's all on fire."
Gamal:  "Yes it is, Aram.  Yes it is."

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2012, 04:34:07 AM »
How can I make my demo records into mp4's or mpegs?

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2012, 04:56:08 AM »
I record mine with Bandicam:

http://www.bandicam.com/
... ^o^CORVUS^o^

Graphite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2012, 04:32:36 PM »
To be fair... I'm not doing very well.

Growing up in the military and being a part of three different base closings, I didn't expect the closure of City of Heroes to be so hard.  When the servers went down, it hit me like a ton of bricks.  My optimism for the world gone.  It's like someone reached into my soul, flicked a switch and I no longer care.  I've now lost being a part of two different worlds that I so desperately love.  I will be an Exile from now till eternity.  And I no longer care.

The Statesman Mickey is still not done since my wife is working on other projects to get ready for yule.  I haven't written my letter to Disney (as if it really would make a difference).  And perhaps more importantly I haven't written my essay for college admissions.  The plan was to go into the ministry as a Unitarian Universalist Reverend, but I honestly don't know if that is still the plan.  My self imposed deadline has come and passed, and I no longer care.

I don't care about my church.  I don't care about my work.  I don't about my wife and child.  I really don't even care about myself.

Don't worry.

I tend to have a flair for the dramatic and am not going any where.  Just don't expect to "see" me for a long long time.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »
i still have a burning hate for ncsoft atm

i been playing fallen earth some since i have a group of RL friends who play it, but im going as F2P as possible, definitely trying to not spend any money in it (so far i spent about $25 which is about all thats really needed)

ive also been playing a large assortment of other games i have on steam, but most are not MMO types

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2012, 05:15:57 PM »
Graphite,

As I mentioned before, an-hedonia and apathy are common symptoms of grieving. Do not worry that this is a crisis of faith or a permanent state. However ill-timed it is, you're human and far from alone in your reaction.

If it's of any comfort, as you get older you get a lot of grieving done for pets, loved ones, catastrophes and disappointments, traumatic experiences and so forth. It's rotten and awful but you do gain experience and learn to cope more efficiently. 'Least that's what I've found. Anyway, the grief is real.

Necro, wrath is my coping mechanism too, and it can be a dangerous one. Wear a "leash," and allow others to pull it. Hope that metaphor made sense.