Author Topic: Which AT will you miss the most?  (Read 7422 times)

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
Re: Which AT will you miss the most?
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2012, 09:38:51 PM »
I am going to miss my Emp=Defs most.  Mercy Vengeance, Nurse Dark-Light, Doc .45, Angel-Sprite.

I think I got the greatest fun out of playing the healers.

I can remember (or not remember, as the case may be LOL) going through entire arcs with only the slightest of clues who we were fighting because my entire attention was focused on keeping the rest of the team alive or revived LOL.   I only got to play for about 2 years, but in that time, I was able to play an okay blaster...an okay brute...never could tank worth a damn LOL  But I discovered I was danged good at playing emp-defs.   not quite sure if that is because I enjoyed them so much or the other way around :)
When I first played an Empathy Defender, I was so intent on keeping everyone at 100% I would exhaust myself.  Simple missions seemed like hours.  I later realized that keeping people alive was easier if I buffed them.

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2012, 09:48:22 PM »
When I first played an Empathy Defender, I was so intent on keeping everyone at 100% I would exhaust myself.  Simple missions seemed like hours.  I later realized that keeping people alive was easier if I buffed them.

Perhaps....but the point is...I enjoyed it :)  Seriously, I had a blast playing those emp defs :)   I even remember one team leader say something along the lines of "uh-oh, the healer has time to shoot at some one...time to raise the diff."   ;D

I tried playing the support types, but they really didn't interest me...don't think I got a troller above lvl 20 before I deleted it.
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

Undercat

• Minion
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2012, 09:52:01 PM »
My illusion/kinetics controller was probably my fave. It occurred to me one day that, instead of directing a measly six brain-damaged pets as a mastermind, I could use /kinetics to supercharge an entire team (or taskforce) of intelligent "player-pets" into a finely-tuned killing machine. Add Phantasm, Phantom Army and a situational pair of Lore Pets to the equation and the result was a screen full of exquisitely-buffed mayhem-makers. Mwahahahahaa!

-Ahem-

The runner-up toon was probably my electric/fire blapper. Switch on Hot Feet and Blazing Aura, wait for the tank to take the alpha, then literally hop into the middle of a pack and cut loose with an embarrassing arsenal of AoE attacks (Fire Sword Circle, Short Circuit, Combustion, Ball Lightning, sometimes Bonfire). And die, often enough...only to pop Rise of the Phoenix and have the last laugh. Not that most mobs would last that long except at +3/4 or in itrials, but it sure was fun when it all clicked. And Melee Core Embodiment would occasionally turn her into an unstoppable volcanic Cuisinart.

Ah, good times. I'm sure this empty spot in my gaming soul is only going to get larger over the coming weeks. -sigh-

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2012, 09:55:40 PM »
masterminds, nothing else like them anywhere. Stalkers too!

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2012, 09:58:31 PM »
I will miss my tanks. All 18 of them. :D
Much the same, 15 50s and several lower in my case including my first 50 to go with something like 10 50 brutes and 13 50 scrappers, throw in 4 stalkers, a bane a WS speced as a tank and a couple of full on blappers then you have about half my 50s as melee toons.

I love being able to tank most things without support, towards the end I moved away from tanks as my pipe wrench/stone brute Bob the boulder could tank like a tank and hit like a truck. My most fun single toon was probably the last one I rolled, MA/shield scrapper. I'd avoided MA because of the KB on the low level attack, fitted the -KB attuned IO and just kicked asses for the last few days of CoH. I really wish I'd rolled it earlier. Before that it was probably my elec/shield scrapper.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2012, 12:22:48 AM »
I always loved the responsibility of keeping others alive as a healer. Sometimes, it was so difficult on a big team, but an awesome feeling when I succeeded. (So many times I'd go invisible and travel all over looking for lowbies in battle and heal/buff them then take off....one of my favorite things to do.)
I think most of us have come to the realization that our favorite characters were little extensions of ourselves. (Being a villain allowed our dark sides to come out and play. Muhahahaha)
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Sajaana

• Boss
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2012, 03:15:16 AM »
Back when CoV first arrived, I started a corruptor named Sajaana on Triumph (energy/kinetics).  She was instantly the most popular girl in the Rogue Isles.

She could Heal!  She could Solo!  She could do Damage!  She could even do some light Tanking!  She could do any job you asked her to do.

Corruptors were some of what I would call the best "eighth villains," and later, "eighth heroes" in the game, from my standpoint.  By that I mean, if you have your basic damage sink (tanker, MM and brute), your damage dealer (blasters, dominators, controllers and scrappers), and your healer (defender), the corruptor was a great archetype to fill in the remainder of the group slots.  Because the corruptor could do a little bit of everything and could fill in anywhere when someone went down.

Of course, a lot of ATs were like that.  The ATs in CoH weren't, as a rule, one role builds.  They could do many roles, even ones they weren't 'designed' to do.

Cryfire

• Lieutenant
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2012, 11:01:47 AM »
Scrappers, Blasters coming in second.

My former lvl 50 scrappers...
Neverblade, Regen, Broadsword
Blade Pakdie, Regen, Katana
Red Brass, Regen, Martial Arts
Speedburst, Super Reflexes, Martial Arts
Dragon Cursed, Regen, Spines
Night Quest, Dark Armor, Claws
Dusk Sentinal, Dark Armor, Spines
Sol Suus, Willpower, Fiery Melee
Kyphris, Willpower, Duel Swords
Gold Condor, Super Reflexes, Claws

My former lvl 50 Blasters...
Cryfire, Electric, Electric
Blood Cricket, Archery, Mind
Power Boy, Fire, Energy
Trivod, Fire, Devices
Energy Master, Energy, Energy
Voyager Force, Duel Pistols, Energy

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2012, 11:14:55 AM »
All of them....all of them.

It was never the AT for me, it was always the character.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

FeeFyeFoeFum

• Underling
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2012, 01:31:42 PM »
Scrappers, Brutes and Blappers - for the sheer thrill of driving me fist/weapon/etc into the bad guys faces  ;)

Special place in me heart for Masterminds, just for the fun of soloing AV's with em.

Great times....  :D

FeeFye

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2012, 04:34:22 PM »
All of them....all of them.

It was never the AT for me, it was always the character.

Yeah. This. The ATs provided the flexibility to create anything I wanted.

I don't like talking about this in past tense.  :-(