Author Topic: Which AT will you miss the most?  (Read 7423 times)

JusticeBringer

• Underling
Re: Which AT will you miss the most?
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2012, 10:16:33 AM »
Beta: Blaster. Mesmerius, my 50 Psychic/Mental had always performed well, but Emissary of Justice (the original but mostly abandoned), my Fire/Fire/Flame Blaster suddenly became decently survivable. Also, I could finally turn his flames blue since his Epic Pool Powers could finally be changed to match! Blue flame primary/secondary attacks with standard flame colors for the Epic was completely unacceptable.

Live: Tanker. I only had one: my Willpower/Fire beast, Emissary of Justice., but he was all I needed. I've yet to encounter a superhero MMO that provides anything near the same survivability as he had. My flirtation with DCUO left me with a Fire Tank that felt weaker than my Fire/Fire/Flame blaster.

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2012, 10:25:06 AM »
I loved my mastermind Lina Moonshine, it's a character I can't rebuild anywhere else because no game have masterminds with robots....

...damn I will miss the entire game and everyone else...

Oliin

• Underling
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2012, 10:29:59 AM »
A full third of my characters were blasters of some stripe or another.  I think it's safe to say I'm going to miss them the most.  Sure I suppose you could say that there's nothing terribly unique about a ranged damage class but they just felt different than all the other ones I've played before.  More like ranged artillery than anything else ... squishy ranged artillery, but still.

Moses Jones

• Underling
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2012, 10:47:46 AM »
I will indeed miss Masterminds most of all.  No other game comes close to the flexibility and uniqueness with their pet classes.  Masterminds fill niche in comic books that's unique, in that their only real superpower is an amazing H.R. department.  In some ways they were the ultimate fun support class, because your Damage all came from your pets, so you could turn em loose on the mob, and then focus on healing, bubbling, trapping, whatever.  I will miss Masterminds the most, because there's no other game where you can play one. 

I will also miss the sheer variety of classes, including prestige classes, and the astounding range of possible power combinations for each class. 

Lastly I will miss Travel Powers.  Who needs mounts when you can fly across oceans, and leap over tall buildings?  Whatever the next worthy superhero MMO is, I think it should be designed with incorporating travel powers into the combat system. 

Ziggy1890

• Underling
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »
Most definitely peacebringers.

Lots of fun and can not be emulated in any other game.

FFFFFFFFF*BEEEEEEEEEEEP*

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2012, 11:02:18 AM »
My first toon ever was a blaster, and I went out on my blaster (my second one who became my main). 

But I think that I will miss MM's the most.  I loved playing mine (both ds/dark and ds/poison) . . . such fun!  I didn't get a chance to get my water corr to 50, but omg was she a blast (um, you know what I mean).  I also really loved playing unicorns, and I will definitely miss my plant/emp troller a lot. 

Sigh.

I already do.  Miss them all.  A lot.

EDIT:  lol, "controller," which I'd abbreviated to the T-word was auto-changed to unicorns.  I love it!  Yay, I will definitely miss playing my unicorns.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 11:08:45 AM by Tahliah »

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2012, 11:06:15 AM »
My Fire/Fire Blaster.  There is nothing like burning DOT.  Even if they did not die right away, you knew they would soon.  And my Ice/Dark Tank.  She could really take a beating and keep on going.  Man, I am going to miss them (Bernadette and Glacial Shadow respectively).  Oh, and Penelope Pistol.  She was so graceful in all her moves (Dual Pistols).  Ok, I think thats enough.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »
Support ATs, in general. The idea of support being a force multiplier through buffs and debuffs rather than just a healbot was one of my favorite things about CoH, and probably the thing I miss most playing Champions.

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2012, 11:33:15 AM »
Defenders, Corruptors and Blasters were all my favourite although I had 50s for all ATs except VEATS. Any toons I didn't enjoy playing got deleted at lower levels.

Edit:

Actually, thinking about it I had a crab Spider at 50 but no Widow.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 07:13:10 PM by ohms »

Paindancer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2012, 11:59:46 AM »
My E3

Nothing says love like battle inspired by Tsung Tzu
@vengeance mk2

The iReport:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
(read it, share it, recommend it)

candidate

• Underling
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2012, 04:33:00 PM »
Brute and Stalker.

Those were awsome.

Quinch

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2012, 08:30:10 AM »
Controllers, especially my mind/emp.

Because nothing says fun like whack-a-mole on championship difficulty.

ohsirus

• Underling
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2012, 11:58:52 AM »
ICE/STORM Troller. Everyone else on my teams were just pets.

McNum

• Underling
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2012, 02:24:26 PM »
Defenders.

So much diversity in one archetype. From making people nearly unhittable with forcefields, to shooting trick arrows at people, to summoning storms and mastering radiation. And every powerset did something different than the others. Or at least accomplished it in a different way.

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2012, 02:39:01 PM »
My controllers and defenders were my favorites...

Scendera

• Boss
  • Faith Manages.
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2012, 03:27:05 PM »
Loved my Peacebringer. She was officially biform, only picked up squid at the very end after reading how Kheldians could use their two forms to travel in space, and I wanted her to have a chance to survive, somehow...

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2012, 03:27:48 PM »
For uniqueness, Masterminds; there are pet classes in other MMOs, but the flexibility and variety in Masterminds was head and shoulders above other games.

For the other ATs, specific characters and powersets stand out. My AR/EM Blaster, who, with my Psi/EM Blaster, were built out to see if I could make Jack Emmert's assertion "range is a Blaster's defense" true. To a fair extent, it worked, although the Malta Group, whose Gunslinger lieutenants and bosses could, with pistols, outrange a Snipe with Range Boost added on, were always a pain. And it was always entertaining, on a Rikti mothership raid, to stand in the middle of the bowl on the ship, hit Range Boost, and Full Auto the Rikti standing up on the lip of the bowl. The Psi/EM Blaster became my favorite for ITFs, because all of her attacks fell neatly into the Rage hole, so when the Minotaurs and Cyclopes popped Unstoppable and everyone else's damage dropped into the low two digits, I was still doing three- and four-hundred point shots to them.

My DM/EA Brute I wish I had more time to tweak her build on; I feel I could have increased her survivability and made her a more rugged fighter. I was able to tweak my TW/EA Tanker, capping resistance to Energy and Negative, which made any mission against Rikti almost a cakewalk. With her I had to be careful not to fall into the Tanker equivalent of scrapperlock. Although the slow animations meant that, unless facing opponents with lots of HP or defenses, they would all be on the ground before she could get more than an attack or two off.

I could go on about my Dominators and Scrappers and the like, but in the end I have to say that there's no one AT that I'm really going to miss much more than any other; it all pales beside the loss of the game as a whole. Although if I were to do it again, I don't think I would have the dogged determination to get a TA/Arch Defender to 50 and an Arch/TA Corruptor to 29... while the combination of Trick Arrow and Archery is a ton of fun in a group -- you don't take down a lot yourself, but it's very easy to see how much faster things go down around you with all your debuffs flying around -- they require a very careful, measured play style to survive well solo at the higher levels.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2012, 07:36:31 PM »
The blaster. Specifically, my fire/mm blaster and my fire/fire blasters. My main was ice/ice - sturdy, solid. Quite capable. Perfect for very tough challenges - but not built for speed.

The Fire/MM blaster - I had only just rolled one in June, had so much fun with it, after I got it tier 4'd, I rolled another one on another server. A lot of people feel that blasters were "squishy". Pure hogwash. When built properly, a blaster can survive easily. (with clever use of inspirations from time to time)

Still, opinions vary.

Second favorite is the brute. Brutes have great damage and high hp couple with the potential for soft-capped defense and a good amount of resistance, depending on your powerset choice. I love the SS/Fire brute for sheer killing speed. A great farm toon. (Even better than tw/fire with my play style.)
Will miss them all from time to time.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Dollhouse

• Boss
  • "What will happen? Will I dream?"
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2012, 09:09:30 PM »
Toss-up between Defender and Stalker for me.

In the former case, D3s in particular. They were a bit of a specialty for me, and were really as much Controller as Defender. I loved their incredible versatility...it seemed like there was a club in the bag for every situation. Very solo-worthy (way, way back in the day, they could solo AVs...), and game changing on a team. In the early days of the game, no one wanted them. That was when it was hard for any Defender who was not an Empath or a Bubbler to get an invitation.

But some people knew. One of my favorite moments  ever in the game was getting a then-rare invite and the first thing I heard on Team chat was the leader saying "We got this now. I found us a Dark Defender."  :D

Now that I think of it, two of the other most gratifying, chest-bursting-with-pride things I ever heard from another player were D3-related. On Spookie's stretch run to 50, she was streetsweeping on PI, and had taken on a full spawn of Nemesis minions (at +3). Harder than most spawns for her, since they resist Fearsome Stare, but she was whittling them down. I got an incoming /tell: "How are you still alive??" When I had time to reply (she was scrambling pretty seriously...), I replied, "I make 'em miss a lot."  Good times...

The other? Rolling through some endgame content using "D3 Snaring" tactics, and hearing a team mate say "Having a D3 is like Team Godmode." I think I grinned my fool head off for the rest of the session.

Okay, the Stalker stuff's gonna have to wait. Recalling the above was a bit too bittersweet.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:20:32 PM by Dollhouse »

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2012, 09:30:13 PM »
I am going to miss my Emp=Defs most.  Mercy Vengeance, Nurse Dark-Light, Doc .45, Angel-Sprite.

I think I got the greatest fun out of playing the healers.

I can remember (or not remember, as the case may be LOL) going through entire arcs with only the slightest of clues who we were fighting because my entire attention was focused on keeping the rest of the team alive or revived LOL.   I only got to play for about 2 years, but in that time, I was able to play an okay blaster...an okay brute...never could tank worth a damn LOL  But I discovered I was danged good at playing emp-defs.   not quite sure if that is because I enjoyed them so much or the other way around :)

(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne