Author Topic: Which AT will you miss the most?  (Read 7419 times)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: Which AT will you miss the most?
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 07:11:04 PM »
I like tanks, but I was only just really getting the hang of 'em. Regen scrappers and brutes are nice, but my highest levels are blasters and corrupters.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Profit

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 07:13:35 PM »
I will miss my tanks. All 18 of them. :D

voltknuckle

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 07:32:23 PM »
I'm gonna miss my arachnos soldier, he was part of one of my best RP experiences ever  :'(

but what I'll miss even more is Titan Weapons, Never has a giant weapon powerset been done so perfectly, especially for a giant dude in red armor wielding an axe the size of someone's body

Foxlight

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 07:35:15 PM »
Brutes.

Just felt like the best ratio of damage/not dying.

Also, there's something about getting right up in bad guys face and punching them.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 07:56:12 PM »
Defenders ended up being my favorite archetype.  I was working on a new main, Storm/Fire, when Black Friday came.  I had just gotten his first t4 Incarnate ability.  I love Defenders because of their versatility; two different combinations were two entirely different characters, who performed different roles.  Example, my Storm/Fire did a lot of damage and had some modest debuffing capability.  But an Emp/Sonic would focus entirely on buffing and debuffing, leaving damage as a tertiary concern.  Whereas something like Rad/Rad would be caught up in the middle. 

This isn't entirely unique to Defenders, but I feel that they have the biggest disparity between combinations of powersets.  On a Brute or Scrapper, the powersets play differently but perform (mostly) the same role.  The same is true (though less so) for Controllers, Masterminds, and other support archetypes.  Defenders are different, having amped up buff/debuff numbers make them more defined by the powersets they choose, leading to more versatility.  Also, my first and last level 50s were Defenders, which is cool :)

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 08:44:45 PM »
I'll miss Scrappers. I had about 15ish of them and although I've always found the powersets of all the ATs were amazing, but I could only play a Scrapper really well, seeing as I've still charge into combat as a Controller or Defender.  :roll:
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

HarvesterOfEyes

• Lieutenant
  • Mine is to collect from the wicked.
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 09:04:10 PM »
I'll miss Peacebringer, especially for the sound-effects.

Shaz

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 10:05:59 PM »
Brutes. Absolutely Brutes. Something about the Fury mechanic... it would totally overcome me. GOT FURY CAN'T STOP GOT FURY CAN'T STOP, and I would go on and on and on and absolutely love every second of it.

Masterminds. Because wow, I have an ARMY of my OWN. Thug/Traps is what I fell in love with first, and has always had a special place in my heart.

City of Heroes may have been the first MMO I ever pre-ordered because of how fantastic I thought it was in beta, and I may have enjoyed all of the Heroic archetypes, but it was City of Villains that I truly fell in love with.

Palladiamors

• Minion
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 10:11:17 PM »
My mastermind.  Leveled every type up to at least 32.  My only fifty is a mastermind.  Just something about having my own little army that appeals to me.  I have always loved pet classes,  and Masterminds are a pet class+.  I will never be able to find another MMO with a class like that, sadly.  I know.  I've looked.  The closest I can get are carriers in Star Trek Online,  or maybe Drone/Fighter carriers in EVE.  Still not the same feel though.

After that,  Soldier of Arachnos.  A good mixture of damage and later,  pets.  Made me all sorts of happy.  Bah,  this is all making me depressed.

Heraclea

• Minion
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 10:36:19 PM »
Tankers.  My first character was one.  I have as many level 50 tankers as I have of all the other ATs.  If I have one level 50 on a server, it's a tanker.

I've rolled tanking classes in other games, and playing one in most other games is not nearly as much fun.  My favorite, in the end, was my Inv/Dark Melee tanker on Victory, Omphale.  If Dark Melee had been available to tankers when Heraclea was rolled, I would have used it instead.  Absolutely the toughest character I've ever had in a game, and with adequate DPS. 

Ichaerus

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 10:38:47 PM »
Corruptors, especially Ice/Dark, Dark/Dark, or Dual Pistols/Dark for combinations.  I always liked that proc chance inherent to a Corruptor.
Brutes: Dark/Dark Brute(Duck duck goose?), or Dual Blades/Willpower were my favorites.  And the fury mechanic was just great.
Scrappers: Titan Weapons/Fire Aura, or Martial Arts/Regen.
Stalkers: Electric Melee for the best looking animations.
Blasters/Blappers, for the stories I heard about these plucky heroes/villains.
Masterminds: Because it was the only AT I played that came w/ a whip powerset.

My only 50 is a Titan Weapons/Fire Aura scrapper villain.  I love the hell out of him.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 11:09:49 PM »
First it was the MM, then after a lot of trying and waiting (when SR went out for this AT), the brute.

You can just loathe the other games not providing this army-command.

And brutes. Now I really enjoyed upping 1-50 with my dark/SR brute, even the elites were cake. Felt truly powerful. And still is now.
Yeeessss....

LightofthePhoenix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 12:24:46 AM »
My first 50 (and a couple other 50s) was (were) Controllers.  I loved Controllers.  Built right they could sit there and toy with a mob for ages until eventually finishing them off.  It was so sadistic yet satisfying.

My second 50 was a Tanker.  I've never had another Tanker get very high but this lone Tanker has had the most time I spent ingame on a character.  Will never forget her indestructibility.

My third 50 was a Defender.  She was soooo much fun.  I had another Defender or two get to 50 and they were fun as well, but that one Defender... she could stand on her own with ease despite being a 'support' set.

I got a couple Blasters to 50 and, no pun intended, they were also a blast to play.  My Blasters were so powerful it was great fun to just run into a large mob and knock em all out before they could return the favor.
My CoH documentary class project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGcFC197rfQ

Spellcaster Hana

• Minion
  • City of Heroes will always and forever be my home.
    • Hana's Deviantart
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 12:34:24 AM »
I would say all of them but I will miss ice blasters and dual pistols of any AT the most.
"Sometimes, crossing the line is necessary in order to move forward."
"ALL HAIL EMPEROR COLE!!!" ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
----------
My Deviantart: http://hanariblue.deviantart.com

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 01:30:13 AM »
ATs? Mechanics mean little to me..
I'll certainly miss my tanks, and brutes, and controllers and spider... >.>

What I will really miss though, are all my characters, and the wondrous creator they gave us.

Stratoburst

• Minion
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2012, 02:10:17 AM »
For just an archetype,  the Defender - it's so versatile.

For a character - I will miss my Peacebringer, because that character had the best biography I ever wrote.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2012, 04:27:55 AM »
 "I can see how you might feel like you're twiddling your thumbs while your Corpse Corps do all the work."

Exactly! I need suggestions for a very active MM set for when CoH reopens. I expect the sorcery blast and the fighting pool enhancements will make a big difference too.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2012, 07:07:36 AM »
Archetype. . . Controller.  Specifically, XX/Empath.  Even more specifically, my two main toons, Tubbius (Plant Control/Empath/Ice Mastery) and Waddle the Penguin (Ice Control/Empath/Ice Mastery).  Tubbius is one of Justice's more prominent Santa Claus lookalikes; Waddle is the character dearest to my heart in terms of story due to his development over the four PENGUIN Architect Entertainment arcs and over his appearance in a fifth arc, This Costume Contest Sponsored by Tubbius.

Why do I love Controllers?  I'm a fairly natural leader who likes playing mid-range in the action, where I can both manage the action and call the shots.  As an Empath, I've never gone for Fortify, Clear Mind, Heal Other, or Absorb Pain, favoring the short range aura effects (better for soloing and better for forcing teamwork!), so after making numerous Empath controllers, I can say that it definitely suits my primary playstyle.

steve1967

• Minion
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2012, 08:11:16 AM »
Warshade, without a doubt.  Depending on how you build them you could play very differently, and always on the knife edge.  I loved when people would say, "Holy shit - I didn't realize Warshades were so uber!"

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
  • Pinnacle Server is best server.
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2012, 09:19:57 AM »
Triform Kheldians, especially my MFing Warshade Norville Pembrook.
Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.