Author Topic: Reply from NCSoft  (Read 59507 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: Reply from NCSoft
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 03:22:30 PM »
First: "to provide a better game and service in the future, we have made the tough decision to discontinue the game."

Optimism: This might mean a sequel. Pessimism: No game will be better than this one has been, if it isn't a sequel; not to mention the PS devs are already gone.

"Better game and service" is probably referring to B&S.

And if not... if NCsoft is planning a CoH2 on their own... based on their realignment of company focus, it'll end up being a Korean-based PvP-centric superhero game populated by Hentai kiddies.

And yet again, they have a chance to save face and announce a CoH2. They're not. It isn't anything.

Mentalshock

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 03:27:21 PM »
Thoughts: If you're putting down a still-healthy and beloved family member, and will not look back upon it with any regret, I question the truth of your love for that family member.

"Oh, I'm sorry kids, I know you loved Grandma as much as we did, but she was getting old, so we've had to put her down.  Don't ask about the why, just know that she is in a better place....."

Huh... That sounds familiar for some reason....

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 03:30:43 PM »
Artillerie,

You can read and write in Korean?

Do you have any idea how much we need that?

NCSoftcore can safely ignore all our slogans, funny pictures and complaints so long as they aren't posted in Korean and put into Korean message boards. Can you translate them and find the places to put 'em?

Then they would begin to understand just how angry they have made us.

I'm sorry, i can do neither - i got the korean text from the Save City of Heroes facebook page.

Dollhouse

• Boss
  • "What will happen? Will I dream?"
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 03:32:02 PM »
Just had a look at that FB page and saw their new cover photo:

You'd think they'd at least have the courtesy to make a Zombie Statesman image to include...at least on December 1st.

blue storm

• Boss
  • #savecoh
    • Freedom Academy
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 03:36:10 PM »

I was in shock when I read their reply. So now they are trying to silence us ? Do they have any idea that this will produce exactly the opposite effect and make us more aggressive in our posts ?

I think NCSoft should just go away now... their very existence is starting to get on my nerves !

(ok: I admit I'm pissed off, which happens only once or twice per century !)
--

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 03:39:16 PM »
It's a very good response to them, direct but civil.  I only wish it was more appropriate to say something like, "I'm just playing nice until the servers go down, you do not yet know what hurtful is."  But maybe later :P  Their reply is... typical.  The same burning-the-puppy type thing as before. 

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 03:39:23 PM »
I was in shock when I read their reply. So now they are trying to silence us ?
Well, they're trying again, but it didn't work last time, so I don't know why they think it'll work now.

Do they have any idea that this will produce exactly the opposite effect and make us more aggressive in our posts ?
If they were that quick on the uptake, they wouldn't have cancelled the game to begin with.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 03:42:17 PM »
Well, they're trying again, but it didn't work last time, so I don't know why they think it'll work now.

They might not think it'll work at all.  It's pretty clear that they're all the more threatened by us, given that they've taken the time to blink -er, respond- again.  This time they even asked to play nice.  Hah.

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2012, 03:45:56 PM »
Just had a look at that FB page and saw their new cover photo:

You'd think they'd at least have the courtesy to make a Zombie Statesman image to include...at least on December 1st.
Zombie Statesman? Now there's a thought...revenant Statesman shuffling along chasing Taek-jin Kim, moaning "brrraaaiiiinnnssss...", bashing through doors and walls, because he is a super zombie after all ;D

Just while I'm here, pondering zombies and all, I'll add that line in their comment about "to provide a better game and service in the future, we have made the tough decision to discontinue the game." is pure BS - if that was a valid reason, then why keep Guild Wars alive? If your future plan was to make GW2, "a better game and service", why not kill GW if you think killing CoH makes for "a better future"?

Nope, they're running scared - note their use of the word "hurtful" btw. To use that word suggests there's hurt at all. Never mind the hurt they've given us, their loyal family members of course...woe betide if we kick up a fuss for the other siblings to hear when we're being suffocated!

Game ON!

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 03:47:38 PM »

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 03:57:51 PM »
With NCsoft pulling out of the Superhero MMO market.  Either Champions will boom (not counting Marvel it's play as the Hero you like and not make a hero yourself,) Not sure if DC fits either.   Or if we get Plan Z out the door as fast as we can we could fill the void.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 03:58:26 PM »

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 04:04:52 PM »
With NCsoft pulling out of the Superhero MMO market.  Either Champions will boom (not counting Marvel it's play as the Hero you like and not make a hero yourself,) Not sure if DC fits either.   Or if we get Plan Z out the door as fast as we can we could fill the void.
Not necessarily rush it out the door, the Delta II's cancellation was announced in 2005. The Falcon 9 didn't launch until 2009, four year gap. SpaceX has a full launch schedule for years, as does Orbital, despite the gap.

Quinch

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 04:30:14 PM »
A question from someone too highly involved in antisocial networking to have ever made a Facebook account - what's the "size" of a comment you can make on the NCsoft page?

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 04:32:54 PM »
Does NCsoft have a public page anywhere for fanart submissions?

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 04:39:26 PM »
They REALLY have NO IDEA what they've started by using those specific words there, do they?

But we do...

BryanSnowden

• Minion
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2012, 04:43:01 PM »
"We are heroes.
This is what we do!
You will hear our voice!
We're not going to stop!
Save our city of heroes!!"

That's a negative and hurtful comment?  8)

Well, its negative in that its not what they want to hear = aka -> cheers for their (wushu+T&A) 'B.S.' game.
And - I'm hesitant to do this but to best describe it - I guess if I were judging, I'd have to call it "Butt-hurtful".
Yes, I went there = my day (so far) has been full 'stuff' that irks me in one way or another.
Actually several "anothers", so - you'll just have to pardon me on this one.  :roll: 

Quinch

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2012, 04:44:16 PM »
They REALLY have NO IDEA what they've started by using those specific words there, do they?

But we do...

I have a mental image of the crime show plots where a family member conveniently dies right after someone takes out an insurance policy. Think it's something that can be worked with?

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2012, 04:45:09 PM »

But we do...

YES!!!

Horror-Frost

• Underling
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2012, 04:49:09 PM »
Hey team, Tom Delfi here. I may not be writing as articulatly or politely as I was in the begining, but we got the sorry bastards shaking. Keep on the rage and lay it thick so they choke on it.