Author Topic: Reply from NCSoft  (Read 59490 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: Reply from NCSoft
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2012, 05:16:55 AM »
Hmm for whatever reason I couldnt find the original FB post a second time.  I went to my long neglected FB acc't (2 years inactive? I hate FB) to reply to the OP on FB.  While it's nice to know I have permission to quote the CCCP (would that include simply posting this link?  http://www.cccpgroup.us/story.php?ID=1259  ) and while I loved reading NCSoft Drops the Ball, it didn't express in tone what I wanted to convey nor my perspective, as a consumer writing a company to either continue/restore a discontinued product or else sell it to another who would.   (This worked by the way when Fit was taken off the market - not enough consumer demand they said.  Whoops!  and here is back:  http://www.fitwash.com/ )

Is NCSoft simply deleting all comments, including their PR reply?  CoH is like a "family member"?  Gimme a break!  Since when does one "sunset" a family member, when that family member is still vital and all reasonable if not extraordinary measures have been taken? (Sorry, you guys already made that point but I needed to rant a little.)

If I had used the CCCP article I would have expanded the title to read NCSoft Drops the Ball and Its About to Shatter (unless appropriate action is taken swiftly.)

The three CCCP articles are only the beginning.  I've been a bit derailed by an international trip but there are more to come.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Mentalshock

• Boss
« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2012, 05:55:08 AM »
The three CCCP articles are only the beginning.  I've been a bit derailed by an international trip but there are more to come.

Canada's international?  :D

Hope you enjoyed Toronto, that's in my neck of the woods!

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2012, 08:44:23 PM »
Canada's international?  :D

Hope you enjoyed Toronto, that's in my neck of the woods!
Canada is not the 52nd state in the US. :p
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2012, 09:43:43 PM »
You're right. It's our hat. Gotta keep the Northern states warm somehow. j/k :P
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Jordan_Lee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #184 on: November 08, 2012, 02:21:09 AM »
You're right. It's our hat. Gotta keep the Northern states warm somehow. j/k :P

While we kid about Canada I have a joke. An elderly couple lived in Canada near the North Dakotan border, so close in fact that they weren't sure if they were technically in Canada or North Dakota. One day they finally declared that their home was indeed in North Dakota. The old woman says 'Thank god! I couldn't take another Canadian winter!"

Not nearly as funny if you haven't experienced a Canadian or North Dakotan winter, but it makes me chuckle :D

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #185 on: November 08, 2012, 02:29:21 AM »
While we kid about Canada I have a joke. An elderly couple lived in Canada near the North Dakotan border, so close in fact that they weren't sure if they were technically in Canada or North Dakota. One day they finally declared that their home was indeed in North Dakota. The old woman says 'Thank god! I couldn't take another Canadian winter!"

Not nearly as funny if you haven't experienced a Canadian or North Dakotan winter, but it makes me chuckle :D

...I live in Minnesota. I scoff at your Canadian and North Dakotan winters. >.>
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Mentalshock

• Boss
« Reply #186 on: November 08, 2012, 02:32:00 AM »
Hah.

DHave you ever shoveled 3 ft drifts in -40 temperatures?    I have.   Canadian Winters get worse the further north you go.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #187 on: November 08, 2012, 03:04:28 AM »
...I live in Minnesota. I scoff at your Canadian and North Dakotan winters. >.>
You guys get all that cold wind blowing through from West to East.

We used to get all the snow that wind dropped on us after it blew over Superior when I was in college.  Diving into a fresh drift of powder is fun!  (More fun if you're bolting out of the sauna door to dive in and run back in.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2012, 06:14:29 AM »
Hah.

DHave you ever shoveled 3 ft drifts in -40 temperatures?    I have.   Canadian Winters get worse the further north you go.

No, because when it gets that cold I refuse to go outside, like every other sane and rational human being. (And it DOES get that cold here.)

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #189 on: November 08, 2012, 06:18:04 AM »
See - that's why Canadians needed City of Heroes even more than Americans did! It's something to do and social connectivity in the long dark winters under the blankets of snow!  :D

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #190 on: November 08, 2012, 06:19:38 AM »
See - that's why Canadians needed City of Heroes even more than Americans did! It's something to do and social connectivity in the long dark winters under the blankets of snow!  :D

Not really. If you take a look at certain indicators of demographics, there's something else that fills the time....
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #191 on: November 08, 2012, 06:24:31 AM »
Not really. If you take a look at certain indicators of demographics, there's something else that fills the time....
There sure are a large number of late summer/fall babies.........
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #192 on: November 08, 2012, 06:28:04 AM »

The same holds true for power outages. Which are common in snowstorms.

City of Heroes on the other hand, doesn't deal well with downed lines, as I learned all too well last week.  :P

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #193 on: November 08, 2012, 06:41:49 AM »

I rather thought that was so obvious I didn't need to mention it. :P

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #194 on: November 08, 2012, 06:55:13 AM »
I rather thought that was so obvious I didn't need to mention it. :P

Yeah, it's kinda silly. Everyone knows they waste their storm-time singing this.

epawtows

• Elite Boss
  • Mechanical Engineer
« Reply #195 on: November 08, 2012, 08:35:30 AM »

Would that explain Red/Green man, with the Duct Tape powerset?

Stellar Agent

• Underling
« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2012, 03:22:36 AM »
Would that explain Red/Green man, with the Duct Tape powerset?

yes, sadly, Red Green was snowed in for so long that he started experimenting with the case of duct tape he had.  He found so many uses for it that he just had to make his own TV show and tell everyone about it.

And Tim, everyone knows that we sing about Back Bacon and Beer in the Great White North (ko ko ko kooo ko ko ko).  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqzZ1UkypqU