Author Topic: How active members do we have?  (Read 7529 times)

Waffles

• Elite Boss
How active members do we have?
« on: October 15, 2012, 12:40:25 AM »
I'm asking because the more we have, the better our chances.

If we somehow get the game running and such, it won't be the same without a large amount of players. Granted the game was a ghost town if you weren't on a virtue or freedom, But you people on virtue and freedom get my point.

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
Re: How active members do we have?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 01:10:31 AM »
Intermittently active due to real life constraints (and not on Virtue or Freedom)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 01:12:48 AM »
As long as it's legal, I'm in.

Being a federal government employee, I cant afford to be linked to anything illegal, especially when it deals with an international corporation, regardless of the scale of breach of law.

Even if for some reason I cant partake, I'll say this now, I hope you all succeed regardless of how you all get it done. Let this game live on in one way or another whether actual or in spirit.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 01:18:53 AM »
Intermittently active due to real life constraints (and not on Virtue or Freedom)
This.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 01:59:21 AM »
Sorry I haven't been around much over the last few days--I had a family emergency come up out-of-state. But, yes, I'm semi-active, real life permitting--it turns out getting two post-graduate degrees at the same time is hard work. Who knew?
@Vulpy
Protector Server

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 04:17:46 AM »
Active player and my husband is as well so two here
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Sleepy Wonder

• Boss
  • MWM: Programmer, UI Designer, Bases
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 04:26:51 AM »
What exactly are you referring to? It almost sounds like this thread is missing a post before the OP's regarding some kind of emulation of CoH.

Regarding that, I refuse to partake or play on any emulation of City of Heroes. I know some people feel differently about this but that kind of scenario is both illegal and will never have the number of players CoH ever had.

Regarding what will happen if City of Heroes is saved.. well, if it's saved, City of Heroes will have so many more people than we ever had at its peak it'll be ridiculous.

I've always said the #1 problem with City of Heroes was it was never advertised properly, if at all.

Should it be saved.. it would be like getting another chance at life. We would do things differently, and I for one, would not sleep until after having campaigned to let as many people as possible know about how great the game is. I'm talking millions of new players and more in advertising dollars.

But you know what? Nobody ever did, at least not those on the populated servers because all we ever saw was 2-3 yellow dots and from what we were told the game was "healthy". Sometimes it seemed lacking in the number of players but it was never something in your face most of the time.

Had any of us known the true fate of CoH with enough warning time, I'm 100% positive we could have easily saved it by working together to bring in new blood. We never got that chance and it is both my biggest regret and something that disgruntles me with regard to NCSoft.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 05:40:15 AM »
There are 4 in my family that play, 2 vip paid full time 2 paid vip part time. I have friends that play on and off as well.

2 of us play at least 4 times a week and 1 more plays that much when he's well. The other is off and on.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:21:56 AM by Moonfyire101 »

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 05:48:36 AM »
I considered myself quite active before 8/31. I averaged 2 hours a day during the week and 4-6 hours on the weekend.

Since 8/31 I have played for approximately 2 hours. I will be playing for 24 hours on 10/20 and that will be my last day for CoH.

I have played this game since March 13, 2005. I took a 2 month break when Issue 7 hit; the bugs drove me crazy!

I have tried other MMOs but none of them kept my attention for even a week.

I will NOT play on an emulator. Not only is it illegal, but I consider it immoral. CoH is not OUR game...it is NCSoft's plain and simple. We have no right to the code..we have no right to the product after 11/30.

If this is referring to the Plan Z "City Of Phoenix" or whatever it is going to be called. I will not be playing that either. I played CoH for fun...and a big part of that fun was the friends I had. Since 8/31 every single one of my global friends has quit playing CoH. I have logged in every day...and I stand there..... I have talked to my friends outside of the game and for them...CoH is over. None of them are interested in Plan Z and none of them are even considering paying on an emulator.

So I had a great 7 year experience with CoH...which is nothing to be sad about or angry over. I knew CoH would close eventually...sure I thought it would prolly be 1-2 years from now, but it's now...which I am ok with.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 06:56:58 AM »
I've always said the #1 problem with City of Heroes was it was never advertised properly, if at all.

Should it be saved.. it would be like getting another chance at life. We would do things differently, and I for one, would not sleep until after having campaigned to let as many people as possible know about how great the game is. I'm talking millions of new players and more in advertising dollars.

But you know what? Nobody ever did, at least not those on the populated servers because all we ever saw was 2-3 yellow dots and from what we were told the game was "healthy". Sometimes it seemed lacking in the number of players but it was never something in your face most of the time.

Had any of us known the true fate of CoH with enough warning time, I'm 100% positive we could have easily saved it by working together to bring in new blood. We never got that chance and it is both my biggest regret and something that disgruntles me with regard to NCSoft.
Agreed, I wish I had spread word of it beyond my friend circle - making sure to promote the game on FB and on various gaming forums.
It's a damn shame NCSoft didn't bother to do that, their Aion is (or was) all over Youtube and plenty of other sites, while there was never a single ad for CoH.

Sleepy Wonder

• Boss
  • MWM: Programmer, UI Designer, Bases
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 08:33:49 AM »
Agreed, I wish I had spread word of it beyond my friend circle - making sure to promote the game on FB and on various gaming forums.
It's a damn shame NCSoft didn't bother to do that, their Aion is (or was) all over Youtube and plenty of other sites, while there was never a single ad for CoH.

It's so illogical isn't it? That they couldn't grasp the concept of return on investment advertising? There is SO many things they could have done with a game like CoH really.. they could even have had a donation month where a certain % of VIP subscriptions profits went to charities, generating some buzz that way, or advertising before the premier of movies like The Avengers in theaters.. free t-shirts for VIP's..  Im going to stop here because its pointless now but you get the idea.

avelworldcreator

• Elite Boss
  • Missing Worlds Media co-founder/senior developer.
    • Basketcase Software
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 08:44:03 AM »
Well, until I got caught up with real life projects I was pretty active again. I've been with the game since about 2005. I'm willing to contribute what time I can realistically spare. This includes any programming time and 3D art skill I have. I'm also an officer with a small, start-up, game software company and have other industry contacts. FWIW, I did try to contact NC Soft about my company trying to purchase CoX - I simply got rebuffed.
Missing World Media primary co-founder, senior developer, UI/UX acting lead, and software toolsmith.

Crimsyn Fist

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 07:44:58 PM »
I still play at times.  I have toons on most of the servers as I've been playing since April of 2004.

What servers have the most players these days?  I see very few on those I have my 50's on - but I do have lots of TRANSFERS!  ;)

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 07:54:54 PM »
I'm still active.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 08:08:32 PM »
Still active, on Virtue.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

darkquill

• Minion
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 08:14:40 PM »
meep meep. still active.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 08:20:24 PM »
i have been playing the game basically everyday for about 6 years, the last month or so i havent felt like playing the game though because if its gonna be shut down it makes me feel like im wasting my time making progress on something thats gonna be unusable in about 6 weeks, the other reason i dont play it much lately is because it kind of depresses me

ive still been active on the official forums as well as here though

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 08:47:21 PM »
I still play daily and will until the lights go out.

Siberian Spring

• Lieutenant
    • Live Creatively
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 08:54:50 PM »
I still play daily and will until the lights go out.

This exactly.

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 08:58:26 PM »
I hadn't played much prior to the announcement due to life and stuff..

After 8/31? I can't bring myself to play. :(