Author Topic: How active members do we have?  (Read 7531 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: How active members do we have?
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 09:07:56 PM »
I'm still doing three static teams a week with my group of friends. We did lose 3 members who vanished pretty much the day of the announcement. The remaining 6 have been steady and I think we'll be running until the day the servers shut down.

We finished one recently, and are even about to start a new team, even though we know the odds of getting anywhere near 50 before that happens are slim. We're archiving everyone with Sentinel+ as we go, with the hopes of someday being able to finish it.

Luna Eclypse

• New Efforts # 9,000!
  • Boss
  • Follow my on Twitter @LunaEclypse
    • Luna Eclypse on VirtueVerse
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 09:08:08 PM »
I will be there if we save it. I find it hard to play anymore right now given the circumstances, it's just depressing and the lack of the i24 stuff I was looking forward to just upsets me more. I continue to spread the word on Twitter and Facebook though.

For now, I'm jumping between free play on Star Trek Online and Champions Online. Champions has come a long way since it's launch of being utter shit but it's still NO substitute for City of Heroes. I can't even properly make my trademark costume there because of a lack of identical or similar tights patterns and chest emblems.
"The Remarkable Dazzling"
Luna Eclypse

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 09:09:01 PM »
Got through my loss of enthusiasm phase, now active again, mainly on Victory.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 09:26:29 PM »
Some friends and I generally play a couple hours a night pretty much 7 days a week.

Right when the announcement hit it was very hard to play, and I still get almost overwhelmingly sad sometimes when playing, but
I have found things I like in Champions Online and DC Online. I have lifetime subs to CO, DC and Star Trek.

The main thing for me is going to be finding a game where at least some of my friends join me.

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »
Not as active as I used to be, cause most of my SG moved to SWToR/GW2. But alot more active since the announcement.
I play on Champion. ^_^
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

FeeFyeFoeFum

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 10:30:31 PM »
I play each day, when I can get to me pc  ;)

Played for 4 years solid, stopped because I had done everything in the game (Jan 2009). Never stopped thinking or talking bout CoH though.

Was gonna re-sub in august but RL issues bogged me down til I heard the news, early september.

Now I am here to play as much as possible, take screenies, demo's, etc til lights out

FeeFye

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 11:51:17 PM »
Still active but mostly to take screenies and and demos of my most beloved toons.

I did make the point of playing all the way through Night Ward because I hadn't done it yet (much less beloved toon).  It is very hard to log into my favorites because I cry a lot when I am doing so.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 12:35:37 AM »
I did make the point of playing all the way through Night Ward because I hadn't done it yet (much less beloved toon).

I need to do that with my main character.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 01:19:00 AM »
I liked both Night and First Ward. :D

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2012, 01:39:55 AM »
I'm still active, and will be through the forseeable future.  Since my old account got deleted (I was a veteran of I9, NCSoft, why?), I never got the chance to purchase Paragon Points or a VIP account when getting back into the game.

Thus, I'm on Beta pretty much exclusively.  'Course, if we can save the game, and do away with those cash shop features, rest assured I'll be on a Live server with a vengeance.

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 02:42:52 AM »
I still play nightly on Virtue.

But it's quite sad knowing it (the game) is going away. I'm trying to soak in as much as I can.

Doing my best not to think that it will soon be all over.

But reality happens. All good things come to an end and we can't focus on the negative.

Thus I play and just enjoy myself. Ironically, I've made more global friends since the big announcement than before. :)

MajorDurand

• Underling
    • Cats, Archaeology and Mayem
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 02:47:15 AM »
I was a beta tester for the game and have been playing solidly ever since. I play every day I can (RL permitting) on Virtue and Union. Pinnacle was my original home server, so when I'm not playing, I try to stand vigil there at City Hall.

Piledriver

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 03:00:04 AM »
I was never very active, and my internet service is lousy in primetime so I could nrarely play when it seemed most everyone else did.

If someone takes over and advertises (with a promise of long-term commitment), I expect it will quickly get back to the primetime weekend crowds on Freedom/Virtue, but probably not much on other servers no matter how many new players come along. Players go where there are already lots of other players as soon as they realize the need to team on demand.

Visual Fallacy

• Underling
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2012, 03:59:28 AM »
I play on virtue daily with a friend who plays the same. My family has three more accounts one is regular the other two not so much but enough so that all of us had year in advance subscriptions. If the game was saved we would all probably play about the same as now. All of us have always been on virtue since around christmas 2004

Annihilius

• Underling
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2012, 05:10:02 AM »
I'd be here to help and remain active if we pulled something together.

~Annihilius

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 10:22:07 AM »
Still active, mostly on Protector. Protector is a ghostcity these days though. Now and again I go on on Virtue to find a team.
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 10:39:55 AM »
I'm afraid I'm non-active.  Found out about the shut down when I went to get the game client.  :gonk:

Semi-good news.  I got the NCsoft loader finally working and now active.  Two characters I can play Rotten Luck and my Peacebringer Anonymous X.  my Global is @MrBlackthorn and I'm on the Virtue Server.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 01:44:39 PM by Rotten Luck »
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 01:38:41 PM »
I play on Virtue when I'm not busy with work or school. That's usually only a few times a week. I've been playing more since the announcement. Gotta get my tanker to 50!

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 03:24:39 PM »
Semi-Active on Virtue, mostly shoft-time playing with Alts i'll never finish.    :(

AND If I ever see a call for a Magisterium (Or whatever the Trial with Tyrant in it is called :P) i'd log my fifty (Refracted) to do that. :P   She's 37% from completely and totally finished (Full final build, t4 all incarnate stuff...just done).  Haven't seen one yet, but my play hours have been compromised by home responsibilities right now.

Lady Luck

• Minion
  • Formerly of the Victory server
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2012, 07:54:11 PM »
I'm active every night on Victory and run full teams although it is getting tougher to get a team together.
Mish teams are easier to put together because there are less level restrictions.
Hard to get incarnate stuff going since you have to be VIP.
Hit me up if you need a team on Vic @Lady Luck
I found the crappy town where I'm the hero!
But then NCSoft took it away :(