Author Topic: Meanwhile, in the Halls of Titan...  (Read 114848 times)

Myriade

Re: Meanwhile, in the Halls of Titan...
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2012, 08:01:29 PM »
You have my support for this action. Keep up the good work!

Matamanene

• Underling
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2012, 08:06:04 PM »
You have an army behind you Tony, and I want to be part of it.
I simply will not stand idly by while six-seven years of my life is at risk of fading away.
City of* has always been there for me through all those years. I may have dipped off to indulge in new games for a few weeks every now and then, but I could always come back to Co* and knew it would be there. My reliable stalwart companion; creative and social outlet.

The City has been there for me, now I need to be there for the City.

I'm prepared to put the vast majority of my income behind you, by that I mean around 80% - once I've shaved off a section for my share of the bills the rest is literally all spending money and you can have it.

I also have a lump sum coming in from personal reasons and I've specifically earmarked all of it towards this project. Google converter says it equates to a couple thousand dollars (British pound here).
I will do my part to prop this project up even if it breaks my bones.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2012, 08:37:11 PM »
There's something important we should do pretty soon - establish an unofficial offical CoH forum - there are a huge amount or lurkers and first time posters on the main forums right now, and I think it's vital that we let them know where the community will be gatheringonce the offical forums go down.
Can the Titan forums handle the load/mod requirements?
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

EbonHawk

• Underling
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2012, 08:41:14 PM »
Long time CoX player with 2 subs (long time as in from EU launch). Just registered to say any way I can help I will.
Certainly I'll get in on any kickstarter type thing. I'd be happy to keep on paying subs (even more per month than I was paying NCSoft)

Just know you guys aren't alone in this.
Thanks

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2012, 08:43:23 PM »
We should contact the guys from badge-hunter/vidiotmaps, they could unite with us, if they so wish, of course. I'm sorry if this is already done (didn't read the gazillions of post on the official forum yet, nor do I know the guy in charge)

If anybody knows and can contact other sites like this, it should be done. I'll try to get the french wiki's effort in here.
Yeeessss....

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2012, 08:54:17 PM »
You have my complete support!  I will be happy to help anyway I can my email is bignallconnor@yahoo.com!  Let me know and I will do what ever it takes.  I have already signed the petitions, written to Valve and and NCsoft and I want to do so much more!  I was going to email Kickstarter and ask if we could do this as well but I am glad to see anyone on it.  I have never done this but I love CoH I am willing to let you contact me personally.  My number is (Number removed PM if you would like to get in touch personally or email me) my name is Connor but you can call me TJ (Taceus Jiwede in CoH)  PLEASE keep me informed!  CoH will not go down without a fight!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:04:00 PM by Taceus Jiwede »

CapaDevans

• Minion
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2012, 08:56:22 PM »
I've ran two accounts for over four years and would happily keep paying even if there was a never another update.

If NC don't want my money, I'd happily give it to you.

So much flexibility in this game, I can't imagine another game to take it's place. Whatever funding I can give you, I will. CoX has been my entertainment for a long time.

Petition signed; letters tomorrow. Let's hope one way or another we can keep CoX alive.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2012, 09:05:30 PM »
Let's hope one way or another we can keep CoX alive.

A server, the costume creator, and Atlas Park - that's all we need, and then we can take it from there.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

duanerobertson

• Underling
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2012, 09:08:13 PM »
I'm a retired airman with professional programming experience, mostly in database systems and stand-alone Flash apps. I've done just enough work with a very simple game engine to know how tough it must be to put together a real game. (I had to red-light a military project that would have required way too many resources for the result.) I have a lot of experience with linux, C (not C++), Python, Javascript (not Java), Actionscript, etc. I'm also good at producing documentation in the baroque, government style.

Perhaps most importantly, I have lots of free time these days. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help beyond money, which I'll certainly give all of that I can spare.

Turboflea

• Underling
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2012, 09:36:16 PM »
I may be new to the forums here on the TN, but I have been supporting CoX since the closed beta. They had my support all along, and now you do too.

From the voices of us that can remember when you had to get on and off of the tram at each stop (best QoL update ever!)... lets make this happen.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2012, 09:43:42 PM »
I'm all in for saving City of Heroes in some fashion.

If its not possible to save CoH as we know the game, saving the names, background story and rights to make CoH2 or a spiritual successor would be good too. Things have advanced quite a bit in the computer world since CoH's launch in 2004 and a grass roots effort to make a new game by players for players would be a nice way to tell all of the competition we don't need them to enjoy ourselves.

While I am very sad at the annoucement of CoH being shut down, I see this as a kick in the pants to players that maybe just maybe its time for players to be the real heroes. I'd say lets form Titan Studios and make our own game.

Naruchico

• Underling
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2012, 09:47:32 PM »
I suggest a visual protest on their forum, where we post pictures similar to mine. unfortunately I cannot post on their, I just got back from a year hiatus and can't post it on the forum myself so if someone could post this image for me I would be grateful!

BTW I am a design guy that works for a small design company so if there is anything I can do to help let me know!

Please post this on the heroes forum for me if you could please, and start the movement! :-)

Tessachan

• Underling
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2012, 09:56:02 PM »
Tyvm, TonyV.! Consider my VIP subscription fee a done deal. It's little but it all adds up, As an 8+ years vet, and survivor of the COV closed beta, I can't give up on this world and community At that, it's a small enough price to hang onto my sanity and loved friends!

@Tessa (too many characters to even begin...)

DamianoV

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2012, 09:58:58 PM »
I can offer my 25 years of programming experience, Java/C/C++ and so on, etc.  Some financial support (hundreds, not thousands) for tools and the like, as well.  Time is more of a challenge, but apparently I will have more free time than I expected, soon...

I do agree with GG's assessment.  You give people even just Atlas Park to take their character out for a spin once in a while, they'll be back for a long long time.

Not sure how Titan's management works: you've been able to do the distributed volunteer workforce thing for quite some time, as  I understand it.  I do know that several projects like this that I've been a part of in the past have fallen apart mainly due to project management and leadership challenges.  Keeping people on task while real-life constantly intrudes is a bear even when people are getting paid... volunteers make it that much more difficult.  And I imagine I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, so I'll just zip it on that.

Any verification of the rumors re: engine re-licensing from Cryptic being the reason for the shutdown?  Might drive the action a different way if that's the case...
Never mind... Zwillinger posted earlier mildly debunking that.  My bad.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:07:31 PM by DamianoV »

Ammon

• Team Wildcard
  • Boss
  • UK marketing guy and City of Heroes addict
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2012, 10:03:33 PM »
Another long-time player from the EU here who is willing to do what he can.

I'm not wealthy, but have been paying my subs for over 7 years, plus buying extra packs and such, so that sort of ongoing support I can commit.  Coding and programming is limited, though I've done a little, mostly in web development, but I know a lot about websites.  Where my skills may be applicable is that I'm a veteran in Internet Marketing and web based business.

Kerr-chung

• Underling
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2012, 10:05:11 PM »
I truly hope we can make this happen, I have no idea how this stuff goes, but I've been playing CoH since near the start and I can't imagine it going away. Anything I can do to help.

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2012, 10:06:25 PM »
A server, the costume creator, and Atlas Park - that's all we need, and then we can take it from there.
Agreed, while it won't be the same city, it'll be Our city. It'll be about rebuilding and showing that we are not a playerbase, but a fully fledged community!
Single server is a great idea as it'll be easier to manage. If we pull this off, then  maybe we can rook an offline character/base creator in the process!
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Starkzilla

• Underling
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2012, 10:17:34 PM »
I've only posted on the official CoH forums a handful of times (not with this name but with my Global alias) and didn't even know about this site, but I've been playing off and on since the beta and I'm here to offer whatever help I can to keep this game alive. I don't want to see 8 years of a wonderful game and community go down the drain just because a money hungry corporation made a very bad decision. So count me in to help with rescue efforts!

eshirako

• Underling
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2012, 10:30:56 PM »

Just to mention...it likely goes without saying but if your sourcing ideas DO look feasible, I'll happily pony up any monthly fees I'd planned to give NCSoft to you folks, or whoever gets the rights and IP!  A half-dozen more of my coalition members are long-term subscribers who will happily do the same, and I'm pretty sure of two dozen more as well...but with the chaos and dismay recently I haven't exactly been pressing for firm commitments over monthly fees..

Has anyone contacted the devs themselves to see if any of them want to/can help with these efforts?  I'd have thought that if Paragon Studios had had any notice of this the devs might have scrambled to become an offshoot company by buying their own IP/codebase.  Do they maybe have a project forming already that WE could help /them/ with?

-liz

AlaikaBalta

• Underling
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2012, 10:48:27 PM »
Hello, @Indo-Lady from Virtue here. I've been lurking around the forum for sometime and found out about this sad news. I'm glad to see that the community isn't giving up without a fight. I lack any skills that could be of use, but I might be able to contribute monetarily. Thank you for everyone's work and support for this game.