Author Topic: Meanwhile, in the Halls of Titan...  (Read 114026 times)

Zephaniah

• Underling
Re: Meanwhile, in the Halls of Titan...
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2012, 04:49:32 PM »
Hi all,

I also would like to help save COH. I am freelance writer/graphic artist and while I am not wealthy, I would contribute to a kickstart program. This is an awesome game with an amazing community. I still numb and trying to process all of this but let me know what I can do to help.

Regards,

Bill aka Zeph El, Liberty Server

Shorts

• Minion
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2012, 04:56:17 PM »
I wouldn't be much help in developing (even if I might be able to code to save my life ;) ) or PR.

But I'd be willing to pay and play. 8)
Excreta ergo sum.

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2012, 04:57:03 PM »
I'll be glad to donate time, money, and support to whatever main project becomes of this. I can also lend some scripting and environment skills.
I may not be made of money but I will pledge half of what is currently going to retirement to be redirected to this project. Yes - I'm that serious.

Paindancer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2012, 04:58:27 PM »
Very interested in this.  I have no problem giving my vip fees to you.

I suspect, with the way this has been handled, this is the result of legal action, however.
@vengeance mk2

The iReport:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
(read it, share it, recommend it)

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2012, 05:19:40 PM »
Long time CoH'er..Started playing July of the first year, and my second account was started up 2-3 years after that. i don't have much money right now, but if there is anything I can contribute to help I will.. i'm just utterly shocked and saddened by NCSoft's sudden turn of events.

Stefan Zubal

• Underling
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2012, 05:24:45 PM »
I am a long time player and appreciated this effort. Am willing to help in anyway I can. Keep us up to date. Guardian has a Facebook page and I am assuming other servers or player do as well, try to get a hold of people there too...

Again much appreciated

Soccer Girl

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2012, 05:25:30 PM »
I am a long time COH player been there since day 2, I will do anything I can to help save this game, if kickstarter is allowed I will give all I can whenever I can. I am so happy you are considering trying and saving this game.

Copper Cockroach

• Boss
  • Phoenix Project: 2D Art Lead
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2012, 05:50:14 PM »
Thanks, TonyV. Got the page bookmarked and I'll be watching with keen interest.

Like most of us I'll be little help as a financial "white knight"... but if/when a fund starts up, I'll donate whatever meager crumbs I find under the refrigerator.

Oh, that, and I'm a cartoonist/comic artist, so if/when a project gets underway (whether it's the present game on some sort of life support, or a bold independent attempt at a "new CoH" that simply shrugs off the lost IP and starts anew), you'll be hearing from me. You'll have my sword, and my bow, and my axe, and whatever other junk I can pick up at the Renaissance Faire.

'Til then, stay strong, everyone. I have a feeling we'll be meeting again for Costume Contests under a statue, somehow, somewhere. Whether it's the one in Atlas Plaza is NCsoft's call now; they don't have a strong track record for doing the right thing, but who knows? Maybe, lounging around the state-of-the-art private gym in their expensive, lavishly appointed HQ they'll have an epiphany and decide to try "thinking outside the box".

Yours Truly,
The Copper Cockroach
Virtue's #1 cockroach-themed Dark/Rad Controller since 2012

Wolfgangsmergnof

• Underling
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2012, 05:55:11 PM »
I am here to show my support I am willing to commit my subs for 2 accounts I know it's not much but it's better then nothing please keep CoX alive

MaddMamma

• Underling
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2012, 06:03:42 PM »
We don't have much at all, but count DamienRay & Mamma in.  We'll do what we can to support the cause !  Don't let the City die ! 

I REALLY hope there is a big bright light at the end of this tunnel. :)

**Indeedy, Damien and I will do anything we possibly can.    ;)

MistressNoire

• Underling
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2012, 06:06:24 PM »
Long time player here too since Beta March 2004, played on and off last 2 yrs but been around for a total of 8+ years
You have support from myself also!
I know there is a friend of mine on facebook trying to turn over many rocks to save CoH also
Maybe you both can put your heads together?
He says he lives 2-3hr drive from the main office

A lot has come from CoH hubby & I met a friend though coh that introduced us back in the summer of 2004... we got married Valentines day 2005 after he drove 14hrs to me in Canada from the midwest USA.... if it wasn't for CoH none of this would of ever happened... and here we are almost 8yrs later, CoH always has been a bit part of our lives even tho hubby stopped playing back in 2007ish I still played on

email me if you need any info on my friend also trying to pull some strings, I hope this all can be worked out some how  :gonk:

Thanks Tony!

mhclemens

• Underling
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2012, 06:06:51 PM »
Linked here:  http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showpost.php?p=4370540&postcount=249

@TonyV, You've got 8 people here from Liberty and Protector that are willing to put money towards this goal every month. We can each give $20 a month indefinitely for this. It's not much, but that's the thing about snowflakes... each snowflake isn't much. It's when they get together that they're an unstoppable force of nature, an avalanche.

I've often pondered why this game is so good, and so important to me.
Is it the players? ...yes somewhat, but most of the people I play with I know outside this game and know and care for them.
Is it the Devs? ...Yes! Very much so. I've never ever played any game where the Devs are as responsive and kind, committed and considerate, creative and compassionate as this one. They make my day, so many days.

But mostly, you know what it is? I'm an American patriot living in a post-modern world where heroism is gauche, passion for a cause is passe, and apathy is ubiquitous.

In Paragon City... there are heroes, and I get to be one. I don't have to play it cool when I see something I don't like. I can jump in and make a difference. All of my 54 characters when playing and moving through the city and see some Hellion or Outcast jackwagon stealing some poor woman's purse will stop and pulverize the slackwit and send him to the Zig's infirmary with a love note attached, even if I'm a high-tier incarnate.

Why? Because I'm a hero in Paragon City.

I have an 8 year old little girl. This summer I signed her up with a freebie account, edited her chat channels (for the sake of her mental virginity), and commenced to play with her with my wife. Because she wants to be a hero, too. (She burst into tears when I gave her the news.)

Inside every person, there is a seed of nobility. We all long to be better than we are, in a world where people act out of altruism, rather than selfishness; a world where self-sacrifice is noble, not gullible.

Paragon City was that world for me for 8 years. If it is within my power, it will stay that way. If it is not within my power, I pray to God that He change it to be so.

So yes. I will try to be a hero one more time. @TonyV, consider me in your Supergroup for this fight. I will rise to the occasion. Tell me what I can do, for I am a Hero on the inside, and I will not stand idly by.

-SunderX
**Making Altaholism a socially acceptable disorder**
"A Scrapper is like a chainsaw. Quite hard to handle, very dangerous, and by far the most fun when wielded by the slightly insane." -Alissara

rubmeraunchy

• Underling
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2012, 06:07:52 PM »
I am a seven-year, constitutively paying COH/V customer who would gladly port over my monthly VIP fees (plus a Kickstarter-esque bonus) for this effort. Titan and TonyV, thank you for your past and continued contribution to this fundamental MMO. Please add me to any present / future mailing list and count on my support.

-Seismic Burn (Infinity)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 06:12:55 PM by rubmeraunchy »

Patribot

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2012, 06:12:53 PM »
I don't have much in the way of extra resources these days, but I am willing to give what I can in financial support. What I DO have is some contacts in the Game Podcasting world, so as soon as some sort of plan is put in place, I will spread it to as many of them as I can in hopes that extra publicity will help.  Keep us posted on all the developments.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2012, 06:24:05 PM »
Here's another thought. If they don't want to sell it convince them to donate it charity. (in this case us being charity) and they can write it off as a tax write off ;) Companies like this love tax write offs.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2012, 06:25:46 PM »
and they can write it off as a tax write off

I'm not sure if that works the same way in South Korea.

Darkgunn

• Underling
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2012, 07:36:58 PM »
I want to say thank you to Tony and all of you at Titan for helping to get us organized. I wanted to join the others in professing how much I love this game and while I can't offer much, but all that I can spare I will gladly donate to the cause. Succeed or fail I am proud to call myself a member of this community   /e salute

padathir

• Minion
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2012, 07:45:18 PM »
If you decide to ask for kickstarter/donations/subscriptions/whatever I suddenly have the money that NCSoft doesn't want from me free :P

A salute to you o>

Themiscyra

• Underling
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2012, 07:49:53 PM »
I registered just to say this:

I've got some overtime pay coming in the next couple months. I may as well spend some of it on this. If NCSoft's willing to sell the game, and you start fundraising, I'm on board.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2012, 07:53:16 PM »
I have played CoH since day one and would be honored to help. I am not rich but would gladly pay $20-25 a month to keep the doors open.