Author Topic: Meanwhile, in the Halls of Titan...  (Read 114797 times)

Kitsudragon

• Underling
Re: Meanwhile, in the Halls of Titan...
« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2012, 03:33:51 PM »
Sadly unemployed and hunting jobs right now, so I can't contribute much. But I'm cheering you all on, regardless!

Evangel - Project 7

• Minion
  • Never Surrender.
« Reply #221 on: September 04, 2012, 08:05:47 PM »
Offering my services in any way possible to any efforts needed. I am a professional videographer and aspiring screenwriter with experience in writing for fiction and non-fiction. If anything pulls through and writing efforts or story design is needed I'd gladly lend a hand.

For some samples of my efforts in writing for CoH my Arcs (with cutscenes!) are provided below:

Arc ID 529478 - "A Long Time Ago In A Zone Far, Far Away"
Arc ID 530481 - "The Seventh Project"

I also worked in NYC doing website copy and newsletter copy along with video shorts and photography. Always willing to lend a hand to the city I've lived in for 8+ years.

Go. Hunt. Save CoH.

Evangel | Infinity Server
Go. Hunt. Save CoH.

Sleepykitty

• The Napping Cat
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #222 on: September 04, 2012, 08:25:45 PM »
Though I suppose you're probably up to your neck in writers at the moment, so I'll just chill out and continue to set aside money for whatever.

o,o you'd be surprised, but no worries, we're keeping track of what ppl can help with. we're still in the early days though, so pls check back every couple days or so =^^=
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I am Sleepy! Hear me Yawn!

o.o reachable at: My Paragonwiki Page

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #223 on: September 04, 2012, 09:10:13 PM »
Can I use your "cutscenes" videos in an appeal to signatures for the petitions ?

Offering my services in any way possible to any efforts needed. I am a professional videographer and aspiring screenwriter with experience in writing for fiction and non-fiction. If anything pulls through and writing efforts or story design is needed I'd gladly lend a hand.

For some samples of my efforts in writing for CoH my Arcs (with cutscenes!) are provided below:

Arc ID 529478 - "A Long Time Ago In A Zone Far, Far Away"
Arc ID 530481 - "The Seventh Project"

I also worked in NYC doing website copy and newsletter copy along with video shorts and photography. Always willing to lend a hand to the city I've lived in for 8+ years.

Go. Hunt. Save CoH.

Yeeessss....

Evangel - Project 7

• Minion
  • Never Surrender.
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2012, 09:37:57 PM »
Can I use your "cutscenes" videos in an appeal to signatures for the petitions ?

Have at it - actually just made them all public for ease of access on Youtube. The channel is here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/warehouseloadingbay/videos

Back in the day I was a winner for one of the video contests and want to upload the video to Youtube, so will add it to that channel as well to show how the devs were always so supportive of user-content.

Go. Hunt. Save CoH.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:13:40 PM by Evangel - Project 7 »
Go. Hunt. Save CoH.

Deledrius

• Underling
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2012, 10:04:36 PM »
I'm putting together a tool that will process the captures and decrypt the data for analysis. Just save the file in pcap format and it will be able to read it once it's ready.
So the encryption is known for the current version, then?  That's good to hear.  Is this documented anywhere?  It's tough to find anything useful from efforts to RE the game.

I was going to be making as many caps as I can in the coming weeks for various actions, just in the hope that at some point they might be useful (to myself or others), but it sounds like that might be sooner than I thought.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #226 on: September 04, 2012, 10:09:03 PM »
Have at it - actually just made them all public for ease of access on Youtube. The channel is hear:

http://www.youtube.com/user/warehouseloadingbay/videos
Thanks a megaton Evangel !
Yeeessss....

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #227 on: September 04, 2012, 11:04:51 PM »
Is this documented anywhere?  It's tough to find anything useful from efforts to RE the game.

Bits and pieces all over the place. Part of the effort is to get them all organized and coordinated...

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #228 on: September 04, 2012, 11:06:16 PM »
Hi all, Joshex here.

if we do need to resort to running the game ourselves, I am a 3D modeller, animator and game designer, i will be more than happy to work on this project.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #229 on: September 05, 2012, 12:03:54 AM »
Ok, when I'm using Wireshark...do I want the pcap-ng format? Or do I uncheck that box?
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #230 on: September 05, 2012, 12:11:04 AM »
Use the regular pcap format, it'll be the one below pcap-ng. It should show as Wireshark/tcpdump/something else I forget.

If you accidentally picked the wrong one, it's not a big deal, you can always re-open the capture file and save it in pcap format.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 01:43:11 AM by Codewalker »

Sleepykitty

• The Napping Cat
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #231 on: September 05, 2012, 12:54:28 AM »
<.< Just a side note since this seems to be where most ppl are posting offers...

If Your Offering your skills to help:
*Please give a basic list of them so we know where to categorize you
 ex: programers should mention what languages they are familiar with
 ex:artists might list medium or programs they are used to using/have access to

*Contact info isn't necessary, we'll keep it if given, but without it the Titan forums Messaging will be used
 <.< anyone can see whats written in this part, so use discretion!

*All help is appreciated, just because your skill set doesn't seem to fit exactly doesn't mean we might not need it!
 o.o you wouldn't think we'd need a secretary, but someone has to do data entry and keep track of these things..

*Seriously, any help, monetary, time, or just a 'go get em!' is great! Just being here to give your two cents means something to us!!
 >.> rumor has it that the admin we keep locked up in the Mid's section eats bad dreams.. I call him Baku

If you don't hear from someone at the Network right away, its the work load, we are keeping track of these things and seriously considering offers and where we can most use the help. Some things will just take awhile to get to.. Several specific sections have also been started in Save Paragon City! section for immediate things.

=^_^= as always, thanks for being here! The Titan Network Admin and Admin of the individual websites that make it up, really appreciate the support and would be posting like mad here, but there's just so much to do.. please bear with us as we zoom ahead into the unknown!

Plinkyplonk

• Minion
« Reply #232 on: September 05, 2012, 01:11:36 AM »
Hi, I joined because of the recent sad events.

I can offer time to QL test stuff, lots of time. Or proof read etc. Donkey work basically.

Just a heads up.

TOP SHOW Titan Network for doing what you are doing.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #233 on: September 05, 2012, 01:46:28 AM »
Listing skills:

1. Currently a system admin for State Farm Insurance with skill in building/maintaining servers
2. Location - Michigan

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
« Reply #234 on: September 05, 2012, 01:52:13 AM »
Skills list:

Data-Entry skills: Rated to 9050kph at 100% accuracy (approx. 45-50wpm)

Some on-air radio experience(1 year spent volunteering at a local community radio station while I lived in New Zealand for 2 years.
============

Hope it helps....  :)

ROBOKiTTY

• Boss
  • KiTTYRiffic
    • KiTTYLand
« Reply #235 on: September 05, 2012, 01:57:13 AM »
For Sleepykitty:

-Programming and hackery (Java/C++/C#/LOLCODE)
-Hobbyist gamedev and 3d modelling (Blender)
-Writing
-Typing at 100+ wpm
-Being feline

=^p^=
Have you played with a KiTTY today?

Sleepykitty

• The Napping Cat
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #236 on: September 05, 2012, 02:43:12 AM »
Every bit helps.

o.o heck, look at me, I've been doing historical research for the last few years and I'm here spending 5+ hrs a day combing forms and compiling names for projects. You just never know what someone will suddenly need.. >.> curious about the MIT request myself...

<.< anyway, added you blitz, and updated RK's listing, thanks!

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #237 on: September 05, 2012, 03:05:19 AM »
List of Skills:

English proficiency - Was an English teacher in china for a year. I have been praised by game devs in the past for my creative writing skills as well.

Game engine and scripting knowledge - sufficient for anything modern games have thrown at me as challenges.

Rigging Knowledge, (making characters movable) - severely extensive knowledge in this field, not only characters but objects, weapons, environments, effects ETC.

Texture mapping - up to date in the trade with a few tricks of my own. can do wonderful normal maps.

Animation - can do, I prefer to do very energetic motions so superheroes/villains are a perfect application of my skills.

Physics knowledge - moderate to high applying them to scripts is just a matter of math.

and finally

3D Modeling - I am a veteran of 8 years in this area, I won multiple speed modeling contests, my models are always clean and precise, I can work very low poly and make it look and act perfectly. I started by modeling monsters and objects I am very proficient in this area, I quickly took up character design and with-in 6 years got to a point where I can model anything I'm told to or desire to.

I also use blender like ROBOKitty
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:12:54 AM by Joshex »
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #238 on: September 05, 2012, 03:27:42 AM »
My skills:

- Historical research funnily enough, and all the skills that teaches. I'm currently in college as History and Archaeology major. That's lots of data entry and paper writing.

- I'm also pretty good at writing, and would happily lend those skills to future development needs if it comes to that.

- I actually took some intro level programming courses and web design courses. Mostly that was in Java, but some C++. I know enough about code that if you gave me a sample and said: "This is what a powerset looks like, go code all the Scrapper primaries." I could do that no problem. Making things from scratch I'd have more difficulty with.

- I'm also perfectly willing to offer my time as a "secretary" of sorts, keeping track of what's going on and making sure stuff gets to whoever is supposed to be seeing it etc. As I said I'm a college student. I spend a large percentage of my time on the internet.  :P

Unrelated funny story about the history research thing...I think that may be what inspired my current project now that you mention it. While I'm going around packet sniffing, I am completing all of my favorite story arcs for my character and compiling a sort of biography of his superhero career by captioning screenshots in a word processor. I wasn't sure why the idea came to me until you brought that up. It's actually pretty fun by the way, and I highly suggest everyone consider it. It will be a nice keepsake, even if we do save the game. After all, you can always add more to the story  :)
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

Greyhawke

• Underling
« Reply #239 on: September 05, 2012, 03:42:49 AM »
Has anyone heard if Jack Emmert is interested in picking up /continuing the IP? I would not be at all upset to see Cryptic give it another run with COH2: Resurrection. Provided they got away from the campy CO look, of course. They have already proved their game engine is very adaptable, so the game could be on the shelves in relatively short order.

I have to admit, bringing back Statesman and Paragon City from the ashes would be a great reboot for the IP in general.