Author Topic: Known Issues (bugs)  (Read 40892 times)

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
Re: Known Issues (bugs)
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2008, 12:54:38 AM »
I look at it this way... If it can knock me back though that much KB protection, it deserves to knock me back. ;)

Yeah I feel that way too.  Being KB'd annoys the crap out of me in regular circumstances, tho'. So I always try to have some kind of mitigation.

Rikti A Bombs, for example will knock you back, no matter how much protection you have.
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

Catharctic

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2008, 02:37:27 PM »
I'm starting to wonder if the game treats KB differently for different ATs. My Ice Tank never gets KBd when he has Wet Ice running (always), and that's even when it's a Rikti UXB.

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2008, 02:48:52 PM »
Nah, i think KB is treated the same for all, although there are differences in the levels of protection across those ATs which can get protection.

Are you sure it doesn't just miss you, being Ice and all?
I ask because a UXB does unresistable knockback with a mag in the hundreds, so if it hits, it should throw tanks around too. It's not autohit though.

I know it'll throw Invulnerability tanks about the place, been there, done that. ;)
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2008, 02:52:51 PM »
Yeah, I'm thinking as an Ice Tank, you've just gotten lucky and been missed.  I've been knocked around on resistance-based Scrappers and Brutes that have built-in KB protection by those, but I don't get hit nearly as often on defense-based sets.  The accuracy on those things must be base, or maybe even slightly lower than base.

Catharctic

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2008, 08:48:49 PM »
That must be the trick then. I keep telling my buddies who try tanks for the first time that Defense-based tanking is a whole different ball of wax. I've actually gotten him to softcap for S/L/E/N, so he's nearly unhittable in most situations.

Back on topic, what are the latest Known Issues?

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2008, 08:58:37 PM »
I'm actually going to start a new known issue thread where I can have my post at the top to maintain a list, this one rambles! :P
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Catharctic

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2008, 02:27:52 PM »
Ya think?  ;)

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2008, 08:41:30 AM »
New (to me) Issue.  Sort of.  It's not actually wrong, just inconsistent.

All powers in the Ice Blast set have a duration.  For the controls, this should be the length of the hold, for aim, the length of the buff, and so on.

For the attacks, the duration should be for the "slow" used as a secondary effect.

Here's the issue.  Freeze Ray and Bitter freeze ray follow different rules in the info tab.  Freeze Ray shows the duration of the hold, and if the hold in enhanced, the value changes.  Base is 9.54 seconds.

Bitter Freeze Ray lists a value of 18 seconds (should be 9.54) and does not increase when enhanced on the info tab.  It does on the Effects tab.  I'm guessing that BFR is displaying the slow, not the hold.

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2008, 09:30:30 AM »
Ice based holds are a pain. :P
The powers displayed on the front tab are selected by a weighting system. It's seeing the very large difference between the hold duration and the slow duration on Bitter Freeze Ray (Freeze Ray has no slow effect, so it doesn't have a problem) as an indication that the major effect is the slow. I think.

I'll have to poke the weighting values and see if i can make it switch without breaking any other powers...
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2008, 05:02:09 PM »
On your next update, can you add Range enhancements to Screech from Sonic Attacks?  I can't tell you how giddy I was when they finally added that ability a few weeks back. :3
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2008, 05:13:48 PM »
On the Ice Holds...

If it's a huge issue to fix it, then maybe a something in the text box that says that that isn't the hold value?
I started poking around in the database because I had just assumed it was flagged as unenhanceable.  Until I started looking for something to corroborate it, I thought it was the hold duration. :)

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2008, 07:04:36 PM »
The text box would actually need the exact same changes to make it display the note as it would to make it get it right in the first place! :P Either way, it'll get sorted. :)

As will the enhancement change.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

eldandil

• Minion
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2008, 06:36:41 AM »
Hey, Mids. The OP wrote of defence debuff resistance not showing as enhanceable in the planner but I fear that point escaped notice. Are there plans to put in ddr enhancement then?

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2008, 08:27:09 AM »
Defense debuff resistance enhancement is being sorted. :)
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

eldandil

• Minion
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2008, 06:59:46 PM »
Ah, wonderful. Thanks for your hard work, Mids!

Hedrah

• Underling
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2008, 02:01:59 AM »
so the cosmic balance being turned off when switching to forms in the builder is also getting fixed?

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2008, 08:22:55 AM »
Yep.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Barron

• Underling
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2008, 03:18:46 AM »
Hi guys, hi Mids :)
im new to the forums, but have been on CoX for almost 2 years.
anyway, i found something to do with the power pools and the pvp button.
i was talkin with a few friends, and they told me about Flurry, and its awesome pvp dmg.
i checked it out. i 5 slotted fury with crushing impacts, (not sure which 5 but,) and toggled on BU, and also bumped my brute fury up to 75%. this registered flurry to deal 1290 pts of dmg. my eyes fell out of my head, i respec'ed immediately, and to much dissapointing suprise, it did very little dmg. actually, it did about as much dmg as the pve stats say. instead of 8 ticks of about 90 dmg, it hit for 27's and around that. thought i'd bring that to your attention. i havent tested the other power pool's attacks yet, but they might be a lil off too. :)
ty and i look forward to bein here a lil more in the future.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2008, 03:58:59 AM »
There might be something wrong with his numbers, but MIDS also has ancillary power toggles, meaning that you might want to check which powers are active and accolades have been checked.

Post the build here so we can verify the build's numbers, palease :D
~Steinerd

Tog

• Lieutenant
    • Tog's Hero U
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2008, 07:20:08 AM »
Nope, it's something in the numbers

With nothing slotted at all, of any kind, and 0% Fury, Flurry does (5.96*8 ) in PvE and (18.8*8+18.8*8 )  47 vs 301.

*Edited by Taz - Fixed the 8) smilies to display properly as "8 )".
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 02:34:46 PM by Tazhyngarth »