Author Topic: Flash Season 3  (Read 64652 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 3
« Reply #280 on: May 15, 2017, 02:10:57 AM »
Yeah, that is closer to what it worked out as.  But it really does look like they are just going thorough back issues and picking out arcs that lasted through multiple issues.  And of course the arc they have teased since almost day one is the Crisis where Barry vanished.  But they can't do that one unless the show lasts another 7 years.

Potential future arc which is the most cliche.  The one where Cobalt Blue turns out to be Barry's long lost twin brother.  Yeah, that one is almost guaranteed.  Another speedster who is the evil twin. Plus Wally recruiting every other hero speedster to travel through time to warn future speedsters.  On paper it was a good story arc but the show could squeeze it down into just a few episodes of pure cliche.  Here is crossing my fingers that it doesn't happen.

Well if they have ANOTHER evil speedster next season - then they may go with Cobalt Blue. Or do a variation of Inertia and have Barry cloned or copied somehow and is evil.
Oh wait, they just did that.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #281 on: May 17, 2017, 12:14:19 AM »
The instant they said, "There's nowhere on earth Savitar won't find her," did anyone else think, "Cisco, open a portal to Earth-38, and we'll ask Supergirl to hide/guard her"?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:19:49 AM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #282 on: May 17, 2017, 12:28:30 AM »
The instant they said, "There's nowhere on earth Savitar won't find her," did anyone else think, "Cisco, open a portal to Earth-38, and we'll ask Supergirl to hide/guard her"?

I did.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #283 on: May 17, 2017, 01:12:17 AM »
Okay, so what's the minimum acceptable time, after a show's latest episode, before we can post about potential spoilers? I have a couple of theories burning a hole in my brain, and I don't need more brain holes.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2017, 01:25:55 AM »

I was just coming to post that!

But have Cisco take her to an Earth and DON'T tell Barry where so he could never know.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #285 on: May 17, 2017, 02:00:02 AM »
Okay, so what's the minimum acceptable time, after a show's latest episode, before we can post about potential spoilers? I have a couple of theories burning a hole in my brain, and I don't need more brain holes.

Instantly

Spoiler for Hidden:
As long as you use the spoiler tag.

So far as I know.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #286 on: May 17, 2017, 02:31:24 AM »
Ah, right. I guess I was actually wondering how long to post them openly. But okay.

Spoiler for Hidden:
1) Is it possible for a speedster to create a time remnant of someone else? I.e., Wally got an Iris TR, behind Barry's back, which Savitar killed.
2) They made a point of H.R.'s feelings of uselessness, and a point of reminding us of his appearance-changer. Maybe he subdued Iris, and disguised himself as her.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2017, 03:04:43 AM »
Ah, right. I guess I was actually wondering how long to post them openly. But okay.

Spoiler for Hidden:
1) Is it possible for a speedster to create a time remnant of someone else? I.e., Wally got an Iris TR, behind Barry's back, which Savitar killed.
2) They made a point of H.R.'s feelings of uselessness, and a point of reminding us of his appearance-changer. Maybe he subdued Iris, and disguised himself as her.

I thought that about Iris as well.
Spoiler for Hidden:
problem is how and when. Savitar already had her, unless they show next week he was able to find his hideout and switch without his knowing. They did show him eying that piece of his suit they used to track him last time. I honestly thought HR was going to be behind Savitar and stab him with that piece.

And that was an incredibly stupid thing for HR to say, even if it was the real Barry, as soon as he knew, so would Savitar. So same thing would have happened.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #288 on: May 17, 2017, 08:41:07 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
oh crap guys. All the planning we went through and we totally forgot to make another Barry we can take it all out on.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #289 on: May 17, 2017, 01:12:03 PM »
I thought that about Iris as well.
Spoiler for Hidden:
problem is how and when. Savitar already had her, unless they show next week he was able to find his hideout and switch without his knowing. They did show him eying that piece of his suit they used to track him last time. I honestly thought HR was going to be behind Savitar and stab him with that piece.

And that was an incredibly stupid thing for HR to say, even if it was the real Barry, as soon as he knew, so would Savitar. So same thing would have happened.
Spoiler for Hidden:
There was a gap between Savitar showing up and when he killed Iris, where he was running around the park avoiding the speed bazooka.  That was a window where HR could have replaced Iris.

Another thing they could have done was to get Gypsy to use her speed draining powers on Savitar so that Barry would be fast enough.  (In addition to recruiting Supergirl.  Geez, they could have used the face-tech on Supergirl and wouldn't that have been a surprise for Savitar!)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #290 on: May 17, 2017, 01:26:21 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
There was a gap between Savitar showing up and when he killed Iris, where he was running around the park avoiding the speed bazooka.  That was a window where HR could have replaced Iris.

Another thing they could have done was to get Gypsy to use her speed draining powers on Savitar so that Barry would be fast enough.  (In addition to recruiting Supergirl.  Geez, they could have used the face-tech on Supergirl and wouldn't that have been a surprise for Savitar!)

Dang. Didn't realize that HR would have had that opportunity. You are right. And since Barry wouldn't have known - Savitar wouldn't have thought about checking up on Iris.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #291 on: May 17, 2017, 01:45:04 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Recruiting Gypsy maybe a good idea but, have you forgot how freaking stubborn and reluctant she is?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #292 on: May 17, 2017, 01:58:46 PM »
Recruiting Gypsy maybe a good idea but, have you forgot how freaking stubborn and reluctant she is?

I think Wally healed faster then expected and was able to get Iris out of there and switch her with HR who used his thingy to replace her.
They used it this episode to show us it could do a whole body and not just the face, plus the fact that HR was incredibly guilty about blabbing and he was just grumbling how he feels he really doesn't contribute anything.
In fact I am 99% certain this is what has happened. Of course the problem with that is if later it turns out she is alive - Savitar would know this because once Barry found out he would know.
But they also showed that Savitar's memories of the past change as Barry messes with the timeline. He did not remember Snart got recruited until it actually happened 'now'.

What would be cool is if we get another Wells to replace him. Either the E2 one moves back or they recruit another.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #293 on: May 17, 2017, 02:06:57 PM »
Plus travelling to her earth is a crime.  Still, she's got anti-speedster powers, so it would make sense to ask even if the answer was probably 'no'. Like with the Felicity text, it would help show that they were pursuing all avenues.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #294 on: May 17, 2017, 04:42:37 PM »
Maybe they'll just reset the timeline from the start again.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #295 on: May 17, 2017, 04:55:33 PM »
I have a feeling that if she's still alive, it's because Savitar worked it out so he didn't really have to kill her.  When confronted by KF about it, he seemed to protest too much.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #296 on: May 17, 2017, 10:23:23 PM »
So i'm trying to figure out how the remnant barry from an alternate timeline is affected by changes this barry goes through in a timeline where they neither created the remnant nor were mean to him. When Barry changed the timeline in flashpoint he didn't automatically get the memories of all the stuff that happened in his changed life. /summon mandu

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #297 on: May 17, 2017, 11:23:01 PM »
So i'm trying to figure out how the remnant barry from an alternate timeline is affected by changes this barry goes through in a timeline where they neither created the remnant nor were mean to him. When Barry changed the timeline in flashpoint he didn't automatically get the memories of all the stuff that happened in his changed life. /summon mandu

Seems like speedsters who time travel get a pass. Eddie Thawne killed himself in 2015 or whatever so the RF could never have been born, yet he was still bouncing around until the Black Flash caught up to him.

And I have said this since the start of season 2 - their time travel logic sucks. Like just the other episode where he loses his memory - so Savitar loses his memory and forgets to give Wally his powers - all well and good but what about everything else he did that should have been forgotten and not have happened. They pick what stuff they want to change and leave other things the same, and it makes no sense.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #298 on: May 18, 2017, 01:45:06 AM »
I am suspecting a heroic sacrifice of some kind for H.R. It was telegraphed pretty well this episode.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #299 on: May 18, 2017, 02:00:25 AM »
Seems like speedsters who time travel get a pass. Eddie Thawne killed himself in 2015 or whatever so the RF could never have been born, yet he was still bouncing around until the Black Flash caught up to him.

And I have said this since the start of season 2 - their time travel logic sucks. Like just the other episode where he loses his memory - so Savitar loses his memory and forgets to give Wally his powers - all well and good but what about everything else he did that should have been forgotten and not have happened. They pick what stuff they want to change and leave other things the same, and it makes no sense.

Could swear it was the end of season one where they had like four different time travel logics in the same episode. No way I'm reading any of this to check though.

But this one is like if instead of John Conner sending his dad back to impregnate his mom, he went back himself and convinced her to be a nun, and he was born anyway. But I'm even willing to go with the time traveler immunity bit for savitar still existing even though Barry doesn't make remnants to stop him. It's the getting Barry's memories bit that's bugging me. I can only give them so much rope.