Author Topic: Flash Season 3  (Read 64555 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 3
« Reply #320 on: May 26, 2017, 06:47:18 PM »
My explanation for the instant reaction when Eddie shot himself is that there was a wormhole open to Thawnes time right in the corridor with them.  So the effect was able to propagate instantly.

Never thought of that. Great explanation.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #321 on: June 06, 2017, 11:26:29 PM »
Three things from the finale:

1. To "splice" is to join two or more things together - like splicing electrical wires to complete a circuit. What Savitar wanted would have been more like an interdimensional quantum splinterer, or fracturer, and not a splicer.

2. On Cisco's request for Wally to "reverse the polarity on the neutron flow": neutrons are neither positively nor negatively charged, so a "neutron flow" would have no polarity.

3. If we've learned anything about the Arrowverse, the deaths of H.R., Eddie, and Barry's mother show us that Arrowverse citizens with massive heart trauma will bleed out at the speed of plot, with plenty of time for a conversation along the way. :/
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 01:17:40 AM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #322 on: June 07, 2017, 12:53:00 AM »
2. On Cisco's request for Wally to "reverse the polarity on the neutron flow": neutrons are neither positively nor negatively charged, so a "neutron flow" would have no polarity.

It's a hat tip to Jon Pertwee.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #323 on: June 07, 2017, 02:00:23 AM »
Three things from the finale:

1. To "splice" is to join two or more things together - like splicing electrical wires to complete a circuit. What Savitar wanted would have been more like an interdimensional quantum splinterer, or fracturer, and not a splicer.

Savitar was trying to join himself to every moment in time so that he'd be interwoven with all of creation.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #324 on: June 07, 2017, 11:25:22 AM »

Neutron flow

Although neutrons themselves have no polarity if the stream were flowing clockwise (for instance) then switching the flow to counter clockwise would reverse the polarity of the flow.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #325 on: June 08, 2017, 07:07:39 AM »
Neutron flow

Although neutrons themselves have no polarity if the stream were flowing clockwise (for instance) then switching the flow to counter clockwise would reverse the polarity of the flow.

Sorry, but I still disagree; that would reverse the direction. But polarity comes from the idea of oppositely-charged poles, as on a magnet, where one repels and the other attracts.

Also, in the finale, Gypsy told Cisco that she could feel that he was in danger because they're linked. Assuming that "Gypsy" is a codename, we haven't heard her real name. I'm wondering if they're linked and have the same powers because, maybe, she's Cisco's doppleganger from her Earth. Or would that be too weird?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #326 on: June 08, 2017, 08:02:44 AM »
It isn't weird it would just be Narcissism.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #327 on: June 08, 2017, 09:30:16 AM »
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #328 on: June 08, 2017, 01:25:22 PM »
Sorry, but I still disagree; that would reverse the direction. But polarity comes from the idea of oppositely-charged poles, as on a magnet, where one repels and the other attracts.

Also, in the finale, Gypsy told Cisco that she could feel that he was in danger because they're linked. Assuming that "Gypsy" is a codename, we haven't heard her real name. I'm wondering if they're linked and have the same powers because, maybe, she's Cisco's doppleganger from her Earth. Or would that be too weird?

I suggested this when she first appeared. The old Sliders TV show had an Earth where they met a woman Logan St. Claire who invented sliding there. Turns out her real name was Logan Mallory and was the Quinn Mallory of that world, but a woman. I figured the same thing with Gypsy. Maybe she is a female version of Cisco on E19.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #329 on: June 11, 2017, 06:43:06 PM »
...just repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax".
I see what you did there. :)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran