Author Topic: Flash Season 3  (Read 64647 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 3
« Reply #260 on: May 08, 2017, 03:33:47 AM »
If anyone famous is killed by a time-traveler that week you can be sure they'll pull it.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #261 on: May 08, 2017, 02:26:03 PM »
If anyone famous is killed by a time-traveler that week you can be sure they'll pull it.
Now you're just tempting fate...

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #262 on: May 08, 2017, 05:53:43 PM »
Reminded of:  http://www.tor.com/2011/08/31/wikihistory/

"Stop killing Hitler" time travel blog

maybe someone should send this to Barry (at the end of season 2) as "Stop saving Nora"

e-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #263 on: May 09, 2017, 02:00:01 AM »
If Savitar needs to wear the suit to run at super speed, why shouldn't Barry just be able to take him once he is out of the suit?
It takes like 10-15 seconds it seems for the suit to come on or off. In the comics he can run around the entire world in that time.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #264 on: May 09, 2017, 02:08:25 AM »
Show Barry takes 10-15 seconds to remember he has superspeed :P

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #265 on: May 09, 2017, 03:30:49 AM »
Show Barry takes 10-15 seconds to remember he has superspeed :P

ROFL
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #266 on: May 09, 2017, 02:49:59 PM »
ROFL

So true. How many times as he just stood there and got shot when he could have been half way around the world before the person pulled the trigger.

I guess if someone had super speed in real life he could beat everyone in like three seconds, so Barry has to be a moron in order to create the drama.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #267 on: May 10, 2017, 12:51:51 PM »
Ok that last one made no sense on so many levels.

Barry-now loses his memory so all the Barry's in the future also lose theirs? That would assume that he never got his memories back in order for that to work.

I would give them a pass on that by assuming that it affected him because he was in the same time period.

But Wally loses his power because Savitar 'forgot' to give it to him. That happened long before Barry loses his memories. That also means he should have also not recruited Frost because he would have forgotten who she was, or anything he ever did as Savitar if they use that logic.

Their cause and effect makes no sense most of the time where some things are affected by time travel and some are not. 

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #268 on: May 10, 2017, 01:28:43 PM »
Their cause and effect makes no sense most of the time where some things are affected by time travel and some are not.
This.

It's hard to keep watching a show where they're not consistent with their rules for how the universe works.  Perhaps I'm not the target audience and they're aiming the show at "shippers" who just want relationship drama and don't really care about consistency.  There's nothing wrong with that, but it's not the show I want to watch. 

Season 1 had consistency (for the most part - time travel with Thawne/Wells worked in a predictable fashion).  They seem to have dropped it because writing good time travel stories is hard.  Not to mention that Barry forgets to turn on his Superspeed regularly.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #269 on: May 10, 2017, 03:19:43 PM »
This.

It's hard to keep watching a show where they're not consistent with their rules for how the universe works.  Perhaps I'm not the target audience and they're aiming the show at "shippers" who just want relationship drama and don't really care about consistency.  There's nothing wrong with that, but it's not the show I want to watch. 

Season 1 had consistency (for the most part - time travel with Thawne/Wells worked in a predictable fashion).  They seem to have dropped it because writing good time travel stories is hard.  Not to mention that Barry forgets to turn on his Superspeed regularly.

The way they seemed to explain it is Emo-Barry says the rules don't apply to them if they mess around with time travel enough. Probably the best explanation we will ever get.

And even Emo-Barry isn't so bright. If he knows because he was Barry-2017 then he knows that Tracy is in Star Labs working on the trap - why doesn't he just attack? Or send Frost. She came on her own and got in easy enough.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #270 on: May 10, 2017, 08:35:09 PM »
If Savitar needs to wear the suit to run at super speed, why shouldn't Barry just be able to take him once he is out of the suit?
It takes like 10-15 seconds it seems for the suit to come on or off. In the comics he can run around the entire world in that time.

Apparently, because the suit can move on its own...  but at least he tried.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #271 on: May 10, 2017, 11:52:35 PM »
Apparently, because the suit can move on its own...  but at least he tried.

"oh, my suits cooler then yours." Loved that part.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #272 on: May 11, 2017, 05:59:18 AM »
Yay, can finally mark amnesia episode off my terrible tv cliche bingo card.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #273 on: May 11, 2017, 12:16:49 PM »
I kind of liked 'Member-Barry.  He was funny.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #274 on: May 11, 2017, 04:17:34 PM »
The way they seemed to explain it is Emo-Barry says the rules don't apply to them if they mess around with time travel enough. Probably the best explanation we will ever get.

And even Emo-Barry isn't so bright. If he knows because he was Barry-2017 then he knows that Tracy is in Star Labs working on the trap - why doesn't he just attack? Or send Frost. She came on her own and got in easy enough.

That wasn't Emo-Barry in the suit. The time remnant's hair is a bit shaggier than Barry's, but it's not nearly as long as Emo-Barry's in 2024.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #275 on: May 11, 2017, 05:07:01 PM »
That wasn't Emo-Barry in the suit. The time remnant's hair is a bit shaggier than Barry's, but it's not nearly as long as Emo-Barry's in 2024.

Right. Got my future Barry's mixed up.

But at that point when he visited Emo-Barry - the time remnants were already ready created since the battle with Savitar was over. If one of them was allowed to live, shouldn't he have told our Barry. Savitar seemed to make it seem that team Flash knew about him and shunned him because he wasn't the real Barry.

This is why their time travel stories just make me crazy - there is no logic and they just make up what they want.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #276 on: May 11, 2017, 07:02:01 PM »
Cisco (to H.R.): Please tell me you have Star Trek on your Earth.
H.R.: Voyager.
Cisco: I hate spin-offs.

Me: I don't know how to break this to you, Cisco, but your show is a spin-off.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #277 on: May 13, 2017, 07:20:54 PM »
They do like to take arcs from the comics and seriously alter them.  I think this was their attempt to adapt the Wally as Flash never existed story.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #278 on: May 13, 2017, 10:24:13 PM »
They do like to take arcs from the comics and seriously alter them.  I think this was their attempt to adapt the Wally as Flash never existed story.

It was more the future Flash one. That was done a few years ago in the comics where Barry goes bad in the future and then time travels back to mess things up.

The Wally not as Flash would have been better had it not lasted 5 minutes.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #279 on: May 15, 2017, 02:06:06 AM »
It was more the future Flash one. That was done a few years ago in the comics where Barry goes bad in the future and then time travels back to mess things up.

The Wally not as Flash would have been better had it not lasted 5 minutes.

Yeah, that is closer to what it worked out as.  But it really does look like they are just going thorough back issues and picking out arcs that lasted through multiple issues.  And of course the arc they have teased since almost day one is the Crisis where Barry vanished.  But they can't do that one unless the show lasts another 7 years.

Potential future arc which is the most cliche.  The one where Cobalt Blue turns out to be Barry's long lost twin brother.  Yeah, that one is almost guaranteed.  Another speedster who is the evil twin. Plus Wally recruiting every other hero speedster to travel through time to warn future speedsters.  On paper it was a good story arc but the show could squeeze it down into just a few episodes of pure cliche.  Here is crossing my fingers that it doesn't happen.