Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 78682 times)

hurple

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 2
« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2016, 03:01:50 PM »
I suspect the answer to your last question may be Vibe.

Nice how they've taken one of the most hated comic characters and made him one of the most beloved TV characters.

8)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2016, 03:21:23 PM »
So my predictions were wrong, still liked it.
But that last scene was sooo predictable  :roll:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Standing right in front of a collapsing dimensional breach... that's begging for trouble, even without an evil speedster in mid-transit.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I thought exactly the same thing. I was waiting for him to get sucked in at the last moment.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2016, 04:05:26 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I thought exactly the same thing. I was waiting for him to get sucked in at the last moment.

Same here. It looked, for all the world, like he was loitering there, waiting for something to happen.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2016, 05:43:02 PM »
Same here. It looked, for all the world, like he was loitering there, waiting for something to happen.

It's like those people in horror movies - "Let me just stay here in this dark, spooky place all by myself with no backup, weapons or flashlight. What could possibly happen?"

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #244 on: February 18, 2016, 03:08:07 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So am I the only one who thought the guy in the iron mask is E2 Diggle? Looks a bit like his Spartan mask and the POW code suggests military.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #245 on: February 18, 2016, 03:17:30 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So am I the only one who thought the guy in the iron mask is E2 Diggle? Looks a bit like his Spartan mask and the POW code suggests military.

Pay more attention to the hair peeking out in the back on some of the closeups if you get the chance.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #246 on: February 18, 2016, 03:47:40 AM »
Ok, after watching this my new theory about Zoom is that
Spoiler for Hidden:
He is Jay Garrick from the future after Velocity 9 has driven him insane.  If it turns out current Jay is Zoom then I'm just plain going to be annoyed.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #247 on: February 18, 2016, 03:52:23 AM »
Pay more attention to the hair peeking out in the back on some of the closeups if you get the chance.

ah, found a google image with that. he also looks white in said image as opposed to how he looks in the main image on the web and to me while watching.

Spoiler for Hidden:
oh, and it wouldn't have seemed out of place in barry2's speech if he asked us to clap to help barry out of the cage.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #248 on: February 18, 2016, 05:39:41 AM »
I *do* believe in Barry!  I do!  I do!
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #249 on: February 19, 2016, 02:58:00 PM »
Finally got to see this week's show, and from what I saw (and the clues already dropped), I would guess that the man in the iron mask is the real Jay Garrick and the Jay Garrick working with the team is actually the Earth 2 Hunter Zoloman aka Zoom.  And, that the real plot was to "invent" Velocity-9, not "steal" Barry's speed. 

Of course, all that could be a bunch of red herrings to make us think exactly that, too.  But, this is TV and the season is building to a climax, so I'm thinking they're not going to be throwing that many more surprise twists into the story.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #250 on: February 19, 2016, 04:52:17 PM »
Finally got to see this week's show, and from what I saw (and the clues already dropped), I would guess that the man in the iron mask is the real Jay Garrick and the Jay Garrick working with the team is actually the Earth 2 Hunter Zoloman aka Zoom.  And, that the real plot was to "invent" Velocity-9, not "steal" Barry's speed. 

Of course, all that could be a bunch of red herrings to make us think exactly that, too.  But, this is TV and the season is building to a climax, so I'm thinking they're not going to be throwing that many more surprise twists into the story.

It's possible but why would he help close the breaches if he was working with Zoom? And its drawing the same plot as last season - someone pretends to help and be friends with the team only to reveal they were the bad guy all along.

I still say a Wally West of E2 is involved in this somehow.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2016, 02:05:53 AM »
Holy S***!
Spoiler for Hidden:
It is Jay! Or one of them anyway. Whose the guy in the mask then?
"This complicates things." So maybe people are right and it is Jay somehow from the future, or a clone, or a time double.

Wow. I didn't think they would reveal that so soon.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2016, 02:30:49 AM »

I have a feeling that
Spoiler for Hidden:
they didn't know who they wanted Zoom to be when they created him and this is a sort of last minute idea.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2016, 03:02:45 AM »
I have a feeling that
Spoiler for Hidden:
they didn't know who they wanted Zoom to be when they created him and this is a sort of last minute idea.
Spoiler for Hidden:
I hope it isn't like a Jay from the future. We just ha that last season with Thawne.

Maybe it isn't even Jay. We might not have met the real Jay Garrick yet at all.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2016, 05:39:13 AM »
When Barry apologize to everyone that everything was his fault why he didn't tell them that when he went back in time to save his mother Future Barry told him not to? It would have help them understand the situation A LOT easier.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #255 on: February 24, 2016, 02:28:42 PM »
Nailed it... kinda

Spoiler for Hidden:
Zoom is Earth 1 Hunter Zolomon, which means neither "Jay Garrick" we've been introduced to is the real Jay Garrick.  The Jay Garrick working with STAR is the Hunter Zolomon of Earth 2, put up to pretending to be Jay by Zoom, I assume.  That explains his lack of speed (but not his skill at using super-speed)  The real Jay Garrick is the man in the iron mask. 

Should've seen the swerve coming.

The mystery of Zoom's identity has finally been solved.

In "King Shark," the latest episode of "The Flash," Zoom revealed his true identity as Hunter Zolomon.

At the close of the episode, the show flashed to Zoom's lair. Zoom walked into frame holding Jay's body, which appears limp and lifeless, and dumped him to the ground as the man in the metal mask looked on in horror. Zoom then pulled his mask off, only to reveal what seems to be Jay Garrick underneath.

Executive producer Andrew Kreisberg confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that Zoom is actually Hunter Zolomon, Jay's doppelganger from "Return of the Reverse-Flash." The character first appeared in Geoff Johns and Scott Kolins' "The Flash: Secret Files & Origins" #3 as Zolomon, before taking up the mantle of Zoom in "The Flash" #197.

"How all of that plays out and what's actually happening, we'll leave for after the break," Kreisberg said. "But we wanted to go out on this run of episodes with a big reveal, just the same way we did at the end of episode 9 in season 1, where we revealed that Harrison Wells was the man in the yellow suit. Zoom's identity is finally revealed."

"They let this person in," he added. "Part of the reason he was able to do that was because there was a hole in the center of their group, and he knew that. He was able to step in because they wanted it so desperately. Barry was missing his mentor, Wells, and here comes Jay offering to be his mentor. Caitlin had lost Ronnie, and then here comes Jay offering to be her new knight in shinning armor."

Of course, nothing is ever so simple with "The Flash," so there's plenty more the show can do with this revelation. After all, Eobard Thawne spent most of season one disguised as Harrison Wells; it's entirely possible there's much more to Zoom's true identity as Hunter Zolomon than meets the eye.

;D

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #256 on: February 24, 2016, 03:03:41 PM »
What's with all the serious drama harshing my goofy King Shark vibe?

Spoiler for Hidden:
Those King Shark guards should spend more time watching movies. Or taking basic logic.  If he's dead, there's no reason to turn off the laser grid; he's dead.  It will wait for someone in authority to make a decision.

Nice to see the tradition of Cisco upgrading Arrow cast's tech is alive and well.  I wonder what he'll add to Spartan's helmet?

Sooo... Jay.

I'm glad they gave us one of the mystery people in Zoom's lair.  I suspect that Zoom is a Jay from another earth.  I don't think they'll go back to the well with another time traveller. I don't think they'll do another Wells body-snatch. Perhaps he's Hunter Zoloman as well.  Maybe that was the point of showing Hunter on Earth-1 that Jay isn't always known by that name.  The E-1 Hunter might just be a red herring.

There's still the man in the iron mask.  Is he the real Jay whereas the "dead" one is a clone?  There's still the "Nobody's seen Henry" idea, but why would Zoom kidnap Henry and not use him as leverage?  Not happy about the 4-week hiatus.

Barry's eyebrows are distractingly well waxed.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #257 on: February 24, 2016, 03:13:12 PM »
Just read the Entertainment Weekly article.

Spoiler for Hidden:
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/23/flash-zoom-identity-jay-garrick-hunter-zolomon

So, Hunter Zolomon from Earth 1 is Zoom?  How did he get to Earth 2 in the first place without the singularity?

I suspect their dimension travel logic will be as rigorous as their time travel logic...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 06:19:11 PM by CG »

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #258 on: February 24, 2016, 04:20:38 PM »
Just read the Entertainment Weekly article.

Spoiler for Hidden:
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/23/flash-zoom-identity-jay-garrick-hunter-zolomon

So, Hunter Zolomon from Earth 1 is Zoom?  How did he get to Earth 2 in the first place without the singularity?

I suspect they dimension travel logic will be as rigorous as their time travel logic...

Spoiler for Hidden:
I also find it hard to believe that if it's the E1 Zolomon, he was just sitting in the park watching ducks. Doesn't seem like the big monster he is made out to be. Unless that was a set up by Zoom to throw people off.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #259 on: February 25, 2016, 06:19:15 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Despite what they say i'm not ready to discount Planet Jay or the council of cross-time Jays.