Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 78201 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 2
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2016, 10:21:25 PM »
I had seen the spoilers online, but I went back and used my DVR to check for myself...

We had the following cameos in the dimensional barrier montage:

Spoiler for Hidden:
John Wesley Shipp's Flash.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Old Man Ollie Arrow

Spoiler for Hidden:
Supergirl!

Based on that information, I think that the man in the iron mask is Zoom's prison is ...
Spoiler for Hidden:
John Wesley Shipp Flash!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2016, 10:29:59 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
That wasn't old man Ollie, it was Diggle Green Arrow. And it took me forever to figure out what the last one in the second montage was because I was expecting a figure and it looked like a hooded figure wearing some weird mask. Turned out it was a Legion flight ring.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2016, 11:49:33 PM »
Gah!
Spoiler for Hidden:
I absolutely didn't recognize Jonah Hex!  He just registered as some guy with a hat and a gun.  Also didn't pick up on some of the more subtle notes like that John Wesley Shipp version of the Flash or the not-current-day-Earth-1 Green Arrow.  I did pick out the Legion ring, though.

And I still say
Spoiler for Hidden:
that's Henry Allen under Zoom's mask - despite the fact that IMDB tells me it's not.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2016, 12:52:56 AM »
Since everyone on Earth 2 has an Art Deco look and Zoom doesn't, is it possible he's not originally from there?

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #224 on: February 11, 2016, 11:11:32 AM »
Didn't Harry say that Zoom wasn't from Earth-2?
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #225 on: February 11, 2016, 02:20:37 PM »
Would be funny if it were some character we've never seen before. Not that these writers would ever do that, but still.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #226 on: February 11, 2016, 02:30:40 PM »
Didn't Harry say that Zoom wasn't from Earth-2?
I can't recall.

Could it be Hunter Zolomon from another earth (not 1 or 2)?  It seems strange they would go to the trouble of introducing Jay's doppleganger and then not use him (Checkov's Gun).

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #227 on: February 11, 2016, 03:09:33 PM »
I can't recall.

Could it be Hunter Zolomon from another earth (not 1 or 2)?  It seems strange they would go to the trouble of introducing Jay's doppleganger and then not use him (Checkov's Gun).

He can become The Rival

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Flash_enemies#The_Rival

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #228 on: February 11, 2016, 03:12:03 PM »
I can't recall.

I thought Wells made it seem he knew how Zoom was created and / or felt responsible. Or maybe Jay said that.

I just assume he is from E2 since it seems he was around before the breeches opened.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #229 on: February 11, 2016, 03:17:45 PM »
Would be funny if it were some character we've never seen before. Not that these writers would ever do that, but still.

Maybe. But dramatically it would have more impact if was someone they knew on E1 like Wally or Eddie.
We can rule out the E2 people we have seen so far - Joe (kinda dead now anyway), Barry, Cisco, even Iris.
We haven't seen yet an E2 Wally or Eddie.

E1 Wally has been going on about speed and being fast. My weird theory is Zoom is the E2 Wally. He either was affected by the explosion and gained speed and wants more, or he somehow found out about Velocity 6 and stole it and used it and has become a speed junkie so it won't wear off.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #230 on: February 11, 2016, 03:59:39 PM »
I'm rooting for it to be Felicity's mom.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2016, 07:01:02 PM »
I'm rooting for it to be Felicity's mom.

Maybe it's Diggle.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2016, 07:13:38 PM »
I can't recall.

Strangely, the fact that they showed Jay's counterpart and gave it that name is one reason behind my aforementioned theory on Zoom's identity.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #233 on: February 12, 2016, 06:00:56 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Joe continually calling Barry 2 Bartholomew and iris calling him Bart got me thinking that I'd never actually wondered what Barry is short for. Wikipedia assures me earth one Barry is Bartholomew Henry, but a Google of 'what is Barry short for' was much more fun - "Barry is both a given name for males and a surname, being the English form of the Irish names Bareth (short for Fionnbharrth), Barra, Barrath, Barenth, Barold, Bearrach, Barizard or Finbarr"/spoiler]

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #234 on: February 13, 2016, 05:08:34 AM »
Iron mask guy could be
Spoiler for Hidden:
Walter West.  The alternate version of Wally West from the Dark Flash story line.  Zoom is collecting speedsters after all.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Oh and mask guy is tapping in morse code.  I can't figure it out.  Various people seem to think it is Zoom is (something) but that didn't seem right to me.  I got something like "sam" followed by a series of numbers.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #235 on: February 17, 2016, 02:10:01 AM »
Well that was interesting.

Must be a connection between
Spoiler for Hidden:
Zoom
and
Spoiler for Hidden:
Jay
after all.

If it's who I think it is under mask, then as Ricky Ricardo says to Lucy - "You have some esplanin' to do!"

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2016, 10:35:34 AM »
So my predictions were wrong, still liked it.
But that last scene was sooo predictable  :roll:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Standing right in front of a collapsing dimensional breach... that's begging for trouble, even without an evil speedster in mid-transit.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2016, 02:01:13 PM »
New theory:  The real Jay is the man in the mask.  Jay on Earth-1 and Zoom are both clones of him.  The former's cells were degenerating because he was a clone, but a proper dose of speed can fix him - Zoom had the same problem, but fixed it by stealing speed.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2016, 02:05:07 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I was hoping for more reveals regarding the man in the Iron Mask and Zoom.

Too bad about Jay.  I hope he's not a bad guy.

I recall from when Wells-2 showed up, he said "I created Zoom".  I don't think we've ever unpacked that statement.  Zoom seems to know that Wells can steal speed, so I wonder if he's an experiment where Wells tried to create his own speedster?  I know we're getting to the latter part of the season, but I think we're due for some answers instead of more mystery.

I wonder how they'll be doing multiverse stuff with all the portals closed?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2016, 02:28:55 PM »
I suspect the answer to your last question may be Vibe.