Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 78734 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 2
« Reply #280 on: March 30, 2016, 03:43:31 AM »
Since Flash and Elongated Man are such great friends in the comics, it'd be great to see him on the show. 

I just hope they could come up with a better costume.  And I wish they could give him a better code-name.  "Elongated Man" just plain sucks...

;D

Well EM first appeared in the Flash comics as a friend of his I think. And then had some back up stories in the book.
And I am sure with todays CGI it would be a breeze to do his powers.

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #281 on: March 30, 2016, 04:33:59 AM »
And I wish they could give him a better code-name.  "Elongated Man" just plain sucks...

;D
Amazing Vibro-Nose.
Gingo Gringo.
Bend It Ralph.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #282 on: March 30, 2016, 09:29:40 AM »
Amazing Vibro-Nose.
Gingo Gringo.
Bend It Ralph.

Amazing Stretching Man
Rubber Ralph
Mister Fantastic

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #283 on: March 30, 2016, 09:47:57 AM »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 08:44:20 PM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #284 on: March 30, 2016, 10:27:23 AM »
So is the Supergirl episode out of continuity for Flash? You'd think they'd have made some reference to it at least.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #285 on: March 30, 2016, 12:49:58 PM »
So is the Supergirl episode out of continuity for Flash? You'd think they'd have made some reference to it at least.

Given that he shows up in Supergirl wearing Reverse Flash's tachyon thingy on his chest, it would appear that he was putting the info he acquired in this episode to use.  Ergo the events in Supergirl have to happen sometime after this episode.  Hopefully we'll get more info on it in the next episode or two.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #286 on: March 30, 2016, 02:21:12 PM »
That crossover was so much fun, they need to do it the otehr way now.  The Supergirl/Cisco exchanges alone would be worth it.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #287 on: March 30, 2016, 10:35:11 PM »
Inspiration!  The Hunter Zolomon from the newly changed timeline became Zoom due to something that changed.  In the effort to stop Zoom, Barry is responsible for creating him - time travel cliche!
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #288 on: March 31, 2016, 01:00:22 AM »
Inspiration!  The Hunter Zolomon from the newly changed timeline became Zoom due to something that changed.  In the effort to stop Zoom, Barry is responsible for creating him - time travel cliche!

Maybe. Their time travel logic is all over the place anyway. I think I agree with people on another board this is a Jay from yet another Earth that came to E2 looking for a cure.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #289 on: March 31, 2016, 01:49:03 PM »
Maybe. Their time travel logic is all over the place anyway. I think I agree with people on another board this is a Jay from yet another Earth that came to E2 looking for a cure.

The show's producer has said outright that Zoom is Hunter Zoloman from Earth 1.

Now, how that fits with Jay from Earth-2, the man in the mask, etc... We'll just have to wait and see.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #290 on: March 31, 2016, 02:31:48 PM »
The show's producer has said outright that Zoom is Hunter Zoloman from Earth 1.

Now, how that fits with Jay from Earth-2, the man in the mask, etc... We'll just have to wait and see.

Where did he say that? If that's true they he kind of blew spoilers on his own show.

So then when Jay of E2 was showing Caitlyn Hunter on her earth, he really was sitting in the park watching ducks. 

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #291 on: March 31, 2016, 05:41:09 PM »

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #292 on: April 18, 2016, 12:24:31 AM »
YouTube has a fan-made Flashpoint Paradox trailer, posted April 1st by UltraSargent, that you really should check out. It's an outstanding effort! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHr3y8jX1vw
(And, given that it's a fan-made trailer for a non-existent movie, April Fools' Day was the right day to post it. ;) )
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #293 on: April 20, 2016, 01:15:59 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm going to be severely disappointed if John Wesley Shipp isn't the guy in the iron mask.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #294 on: April 20, 2016, 10:54:01 AM »
Okay, some more things to add about last night's episode.

Spoiler for Hidden:
The actor and the people behind the show are saying that it was always intended that Jay was or at least could be Zoom, but I'm still finding a lot of plotholes in the idea. A shave and a haircut is all it takes for the entire world of Earth 2 not to recognize Jay Garrick as the famous serial killer Hunter Zolomon? The implication is that Zoom has used a form of the Velocity drug to increase his speed ... but how did he come up with it? Bearded wild-eyed Hunter doesn't look the kind of guy who could have gone to college and become a scientist ... which he HAD to be in order to keep that job that Caitlin got for him at Mercury Labs. The whole "Time Travel Double" left me shaking my head too. How would Zoom have Double-Jay's memories?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #295 on: April 20, 2016, 12:49:10 PM »
I can accept a certain amount of BS, but I think that episode exceeded my limits.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #296 on: April 20, 2016, 02:25:45 PM »
What a disaster.
Spoiler for Hidden:
This season seems to be really bad for the Arrowverse writers.  They can't seem to write an episode without the characters being morons in order to advance the plot.  I get that characters make sub-optimal choices in the interest of character or even ham-handed drama, but it's getting really bad.

Their plan was to let Zoom into Earth-1 and then use the anti-speedster gun on him.  No backup plan.  I'm stunned that Wells went along with this.  The speed gun should have been followed up with a pummelling/speed draining nanites/tranquilizers IMMEDIATELY until Jay was positively restrained and couldn't have been playing possum. 

Then, Then!, they honour the deal with Zoom?!?!  ???

Couldn't they have played possum, pretended that Barry was out of speed force?  Even started a new fight with Barry and Zoom to get him back through the portal into Earth-2 when Wally was safe?

I'm stunned that Wells didn't have some "defence-in-depth" going on.  ie. What if Barry's primary plan doesn't work?  Apparently, the fallback position to that was... nothing.

I expect this kind of stupidity from Legends.

Don't get me started on the time remnant.  When did he come from?  How did Zoom convince Remmy to allow Zoom to kill him?  All the experiences with Caitlin were with Remmy, right?  Why does Zoom even listen to her in her appeal to humanity?  Basically, they've never interacted.

If they're going to make a season spanning villain, they need to actually plan it out so it makes sense in hindsight.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #297 on: April 20, 2016, 04:25:46 PM »
What a disaster.
Spoiler for Hidden:
This season seems to be really bad for the Arrowverse writers.  They can't seem to write an episode without the characters being morons in order to advance the plot.  I get that characters make sub-optimal choices in the interest of character or even ham-handed drama, but it's getting really bad.

Their plan was to let Zoom into Earth-1 and then use the anti-speedster gun on him.  No backup plan.  I'm stunned that Wells went along with this.  The speed gun should have been followed up with a pummelling/speed draining nanites/tranquilizers IMMEDIATELY until Jay was positively restrained and couldn't have been playing possum. 

Then, Then!, they honour the deal with Zoom?!?!  ???

Couldn't they have played possum, pretended that Barry was out of speed force?  Even started a new fight with Barry and Zoom to get him back through the portal into Earth-2 when Wally was safe?

I'm stunned that Wells didn't have some "defence-in-depth" going on.  ie. What if Barry's primary plan doesn't work?  Apparently, the fallback position to that was... nothing.

I expect this kind of stupidity from Legends.

Don't get me started on the time remnant.  When did he come from?  How did Zoom convince Remmy to allow Zoom to kill him?  All the experiences with Caitlin were with Remmy, right?  Why does Zoom even listen to her in her appeal to humanity?  Basically, they've never interacted.

If they're going to make a season spanning villain, they need to actually plan it out so it makes sense in hindsight.

As Ricky Ricardo always says - "They have some esplanin' to do"

A lot of that episode just doesn't make sense.

Spoiler for Hidden:
What is this time remnant? The RF one was supposedly an echo of a timeline that was erased.

They did tests and this 'Jay' had no Speed Force, so when did he pick up this remnant?

And it doesn't jive with what Zoom says on E2 after he kills him - "Well this complicates things." If, and I think this was said, the whole plan was to kill 'Jay' and make Barry reopen the rift to E2 for revenge, then why would that complicate things? And for that matter he had 52 rifts already - why would 'Jay' help close them just to trick Barry into opening another one later?

And how did Zoom know what was going on with Caitlin and 'Jay' if it really wasn't him?

And is there a real Jay Garrick? He didn't just pull that name out of a hat. My guess is maybe the guy in the mask.

So the only thing that actually makes sense was there never was a real Jay Garrick Flash on E2. Hunter got speed and then just pretended to be a hero called the Flash.

So at least Jay Garrick from the comics wasn't tarnished by this mess since it never was really him at all.

and as far as Wells - I fully expected some sort of trick - like he reversed something and the thing would suck the Speed Force from Zoom rather then give it to him. Or as you say Barry pretends to lose his Speed Force and they trick Zoom.

It looked this episode they were taking lessons from Rip Hunter - How to Make Things Worse 101.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #298 on: April 20, 2016, 06:53:41 PM »
Neat, I was all ready to rant about the mounds of ridiculous in that episode and find that it's already been covered. I feel like a proud papa.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #299 on: April 20, 2016, 07:49:59 PM »
Neat, I was all ready to rant about the mounds of ridiculous in that episode and find that it's already been covered. I feel like a proud papa.

Yeah. The Reverse Flash thing was handled well in the first season. This Zoom thing is getting to be a big confusing mess.