Author Topic: Arrow Season 4  (Read 30930 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Arrow Season 4
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2016, 12:03:28 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
The producers vehemently deny this.  They have repeatably said they will NOT be turning Felicity into Oracle.  But, I agree, they should.  She'd be *perfect*
Spoiler for Hidden:
"I was going to go with Oracle, but that's already taken."
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2016, 01:27:24 PM »
Personally, I prefer the dark look on Felicity.

Can't believe they did that to Waller.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2016, 03:20:13 PM »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2016, 12:07:52 AM »
Did we watch the same episode?  :o

[/spoiler]

Evidently not.

Spoiler for Hidden:
The hallucination bits were just stupid beyond words, as was the general "i'm useless because i'm in a wheelchair" pseudo-conflict behind it. Two episodes' time, a game of cards and burger turns Diggle the younger from completely intractable even under torture to willing to risk his life for a plan even when he had the option of just staying in prison or of actually betraying them? The flashbacks now not only show that everything going on relates to something that happened to Oliver on the island but now are going to rope the Diggles in as well? Oh, and Waller not suspecting they might want to break into Argus after they took the eyes of Argus operatives, even after someone (untrustworthy or not) said the weapons were a distraction? If that's supposed to be Amanda Waller it's good that they killed her off.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2016, 02:17:29 AM »
They will change her into Oracle but not call her Oracle.  Just like Arrow is more Batman than he is Green Arrow.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2016, 07:33:26 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So they're going to have super-elaborate plot-convenient hallucinations every week now?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2016, 08:19:06 PM »
Have they had any?  Last week wasn't so much plot convenient as an awkward attempt at character growth.  This week the only one I recall was part of the ongoing, tiresome flashbacks which are inherently plot inconvenient.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2016, 08:50:49 PM »
Have they had any?  Last week wasn't so much plot convenient as an awkward attempt at character growth.  This week the only one I recall was part of the ongoing, tiresome flashbacks which are inherently plot inconvenient.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Ok maybe I should have said 'bad writer convenient'. But the point remains. From years of watching TV we're used to suspending disbelief on the occasional elaborate hallucination but consecutive weeks with different characters is really pushing it. And as far as I can tell the Felicity one was only there so they could skip straight to lame jokes this week. Oh and because presumably people commented somewhere that they liked her goth version.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2016, 10:37:23 PM »
At first i wished they'd gone with a younger Caclulator... maybe whoever voiced him on DCUO.
But with that revelation at the end, it kinda makes sense. Kinda.
Spoiler for Hidden:
What is the need to have heroes and villains know each other (or like here being related) in their everyday lifes?
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2016, 03:21:50 PM »
At first i wished they'd gone with a younger Caclulator... maybe whoever voiced him on DCUO.
But with that revelation at the end, it kinda makes sense. Kinda.
Spoiler for Hidden:
What is the need to have heroes and villains know each other (or like here being related) in their everyday lifes?

I don't get your spoiler either.  I hate when superhero movies/TV do that.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2016, 03:35:14 PM »
I don't get your spoiler either.  I hate when superhero movies/TV do that.

Not just them, was particularly egregious in the last couple Bond movies, e.g. I don't get it either unless they're just trying to see how far the boundaries of believability can be pushed before there's a collective 'oh come onnnn'.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2016, 01:57:07 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So, if Oliver was going to knock Malcolm out anyways, why did he cut off his hand first?  It was certainly a shocking moment.

Also, how did that little stone thing that Oliver got from his hallucination become real?

If they end up killing William, I will be done with this show.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2016, 06:59:07 PM »
Personally, I found William to be a pointless little plot thread.  If they kill him off, I will simply roll my eyes at the contrived drama and move on.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2016, 08:22:10 PM »
I don't watch shows where they murder children.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2016, 08:45:56 PM »
Without being developed as a character within the story, it's not even a person, it's just a plot device.

Not that it would bother me either way.  Kill all the humans you want in a story... just don't kill a dog onscreen, because then you might lose me.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2016, 02:04:53 AM »
Anyone who hates children and animals can't be all bad.

- W. C. Fields

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2016, 05:24:22 AM »
Anyone who hates children and animals can't be all bad.

- W. C. Fields

Because you sparked my curiosity and ushered me down the internet rabbit hole:

http://www.thisdayinquotes.com/2011/02/any-man-who-hates-dogs-and-babies-cant.html?m=1

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2016, 05:55:50 AM »
Neat. Also Leo Rosten looks like John Lovitz and Jean Paul Sartre had a kid.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2016, 06:16:50 AM »
Yeah, I actually thought it was a picture of Lovitz when the page first loaded (viewing from a phone, so it's a bit small).

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2016, 09:40:58 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So, if Oliver was going to knock Malcolm out anyways, why did he cut off his hand first?  It was certainly a shocking moment.

Also, how did that little stone thing that Oliver got from his hallucination become real?

If they end up killing William, I will be done with this show.

I'd say that was done to provide additional motivation for Merlin's final scene of the episode.